Parent (Frank D.) Elementary School

Public | K-8

Living in Inglewood

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $180,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,280.

Posted March 13, 2014

This school is horrible my son was bullied everyday to the point he was having panic attacks and didn't want to go to school. It became worst when he went into special ed. He Is A Quiet Kid I Went tTo his Teacher And Nothing was done. Man you have kids smoking weed drinking in the bathroom. Starting a lot of stuff on social media. Man I checked my son out recently. This school is the poster board school that needs new principal new teachers etc. It hurts my heart to see my son go through what he went through. So beware let this school be your last choice.

Posted July 26, 2013

I attended Frank D. Parent for middle school. It was a very nice environment. I learned more than I learned in a private school. The staff is warm and welcoming. And the principal Mr.Gregory is a very good principal. He strives for the students to their best and be rhe best. If you are reading this Frank D. Parent is an excellent school to send your child to.

Posted April 3, 2011

Frank Parent is a great facility to learn in. The grounds are kept up and the environment is pleasant. The curiculum is up to date and teaching techniques are constantly being updated. Will the school meet everyones expectations, no, not possible to make everyone happy. But a majority of the parents do like the school and help to make it better. With the financial climate as it is now, its going to need help from all parents and the community to keep going.

Posted August 20, 2010

My grandson has been attending The Algebra Club this summer, and it is a wonderful program. It is excellent for students to learn, catch up and to excel in Algebra. It is also very affordable for families. I am so happy that my grandson is able to get this jumpstart.

Posted August 17, 2010

I love The Algebra Club!!!!!!!!. My son has been attending The Algebra Club since school let out, and he looks forward to going everyday. He shares with me on the daily basis the different games and activities that the staff does in class to make learning algebra fun. I believe that The Algebra Club is not only preparing him for the upcoming school year, but also for when he goes to high school. I really hope that this program stays in place at Frank D. Parent to help other students excel. Thumbs up to The Algebra Club!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 31, 2010

Well this was a great month of July for my son. He attended Frank D. Parent this summer for their Algebra Club. He made new friends and connected with some old ones, learn many new ways to do Algebra problems and did different hands on activities connected to math. He was excited about going everyday. I did not have to make him go. There was were even days I had to go in and say its time to go home. Mrs wallace and the other teachers triggered the kids brains to want to learn they made it fun.

Posted July 28, 2010

Educamp is Wonderful!!! My daughter attends Frank D. Parent elementary during the regular school year and she also attends Educamp which is a great and affordable summer education camp. I was very relieved to find out that there was a camp for the summer at my daughters home school so I signed her up right away. I can not express in enough words how IMPRESSED I am with the Educamp overall! The camp directors are always very attentive, organized, and gracious whenever I interact with them. I also love the fact that there are so many camp counselors. This eases my mind while I have my child there. They have fun field trips on Fridays. I have personally been waiting for an afterschool program to be launched at Parent and Educamp would be my #1 choice for it! Will also sign up for Educamp next summer at Parent!(fingers crossed)!

Posted July 28, 2010

In contrary to the submittance of the post on July 5th, I will be sending my 2nd and 4th grade daughters to Frank D. Parent elementary school come Fall 2010. They have just finished their 6th week at "Educamp" and I see a totally different picture here from what the last parent posted. The teachers are warm and always greet the students with smiles and when I come early to pick them up they are never ready to leave. On our way home their always telling me the games and activities they played and new friends they've met. I have even attended a field trip to Seaside Lagoon with Educamp and all the counselors were very attentive and made sure the campers were safe and having fun. We hope they offer the program again next year.

Posted July 5, 2010

My sons are attending the summer "Educamp" at this school. They are incredibly disorganized and we will be moving them. Unfortunately, this school is living down to it's overall reputation. The teachers seem fine but the administration clearly is clueless. The camp counselors are not managed, they have lost use of the classrooms (unbelievable) and there are many fights. We considered sending our sons here for regular school but there is no way after this time during the summer. What a shame.

Posted April 19, 2010

Awesome 50th Anniversary celebration! Parent School is rapidly becoming the school it was in the past!

Posted March 19, 2010

There are plenty of staff members who will write comments praising this school. I would suggest talking to parents with kids who attend this school and kids that attended in the past. There are many parents with complaints about this school that are to scared to speak up or just don't like confrontation. The API scores should tell you something. In the past this school has been very unorganized and minimal discipline on staff members. I have witness parents who complained a lot children suffer and lied on constantly. So I agree with the comment Posted August 10, 2009. I too have been approach by staff telling me bad things about a male parent who actually opened all of our eyes to certain issues last school year in the kindergarten class concerning 'All' the children. Our kids do not attend this school anymore. Thank you Mr. A.H. for opening our eyes.

Posted March 4, 2010

I love this school- my daughter left private school and started commuting her with her dad. She has learned so much more than she had at her private school. The teachers are great and her teacher even helps us after hours. I am glad I made the switch.

Posted January 26, 2010

Frank D Parent is a good school. Outstanding leadership headed by their Principal Mr. Garry Gregory. He has been a leader there for six years. They have a well rounded staff that looks out for all the needs of the students. a professional teaching team, which has guided them to have higher test scores. They have a championship football team and basketball team. Outstanding cheerleading squad that took first place in cheer competitions. The best school choir on this side of town. Their PTA is the best one ever. Now can you find another school with all that moral and academic achievement. Everyone does their part to make this school the success it is. Proud to be a PANTHER PARENT. GO PANTHERS !

Posted September 23, 2009

I have been working at Parent for 7 years. We have excellent leadership and a wonderful staff. Our children, come as they are, and we do the best that we can with what we get. Not only is it essential to raise test scores, but we encorage proper etiquettes and life skills. We have an open door policy and encourage parents' participation. We are professionals. We have continuous professional development in-services, we spend our own time and money that could be used for our own families to uplift our students' moral. It's like a family here. It takes a village..... We do our part.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 16, 2009

The Principal & Assistant Principal work very well together. They BOTH DO CARE and always have a open door policy. This is a school with over 800 kids! Unorganized...I don't think so!!!

Posted August 20, 2009

A wonderful environment!! The students are excited about learning and love their school!

Posted August 10, 2009

This is a horribly unorganized school. Principle is very good at talking to but the Assistant principal doesn't care. As a single involved mother I often would see parents with the same issues as me in the office making complaints on certain staff from K to 8th grade. I would see staff making notes of what parents made complaints even here some staff in their office making remarks on particular parents who was concerned and had very good valid complaints. Overall. Parent is in a good environmental area, but please do not be fooled by the appearance of the school and staff. There is so much drama that can be avoided if proper procedures were taking of staff complaints. There are good teachers there and good staff members but the few including the Assistant Principal makes the whole school unorganized. My daughter will not be attending Fall 2009

Posted March 4, 2009

I have been a teacher with IUSD for 12 years. This is my first year at Parent School and I am very pleased with the administrators, staff, and the children. All teachers are actively involved on committees that enhance our children's learning . What I really like is our PTA that is very involved with the parents and staff creating exciting activities full of enrichment for our students. It's certainly a pleasure to be a part of this wonderful learning community.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 16, 2009

I love Parent because of the size(K-8), the Principal Mr. Gregory because he is accessible, and the teachers who are there to teach and really care!!!

Posted August 4, 2008

I was a student at Frank D. Parent for 8 years and I finally graduated. I enjoyed every single year. All the teachers care about the students and connected with them to ensure that they get a great education. That's why I got such a great education.
—Submitted by a student

(2012)

2 / 10

5 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school did not meet its schoolwide API target for 2013.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

2 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

5 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

35 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

113 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students40%

Parent education - not a high school graduate43%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)33%
Parent education - college graduate55%
Parent education - declined to staten/a

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students20%

• Garry Gregory
Fax number
  • (310) 680-5436

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5354 West 64th Street