Inglewood, CA

Payne (Beulah) Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
Estoy contenta con la escuela, lo q no me gusta es q si algunos ni os van avanzados, se tienen q esperar a ir al mismo nivel de los demas ni os, o sea q estan perdiendo el tiempo en lugar de q tengan algo diferente para ellos....

Posted March 13, 2013
My son's teacher its there only 2 to 3 days per week every week!! The other days he had a substitute , I am soo disappointed. I already talk to the Principal and she said it's nothing she can do! Because the school its in construction its crazy traffic to drop off our kids. And more because the lady from traffic control parks her car on the drop off line so we have to wait a long line to drop off our kids or drop them of on the teachers parking and they have to walk between cars to enter the school! Really Disappointed!?!!!!

Payne (Beulah) Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2011
I was really disappointed this year. My child had a 5th grade teacher who refused to communicate with me as my child's grades slipped. For 3 quarters in person, in emails, and in notes I have repeatedly asked the teacher to let me know if their is any area that my child needs help in, and I have not heard a peep. My daughter has been on the honor roll every quarter since the 1st grade until now, she skipped the 2nd grade, is in the GATE program, and has received advanced on both sections of the STAR test every year, so when I see a "2" on her report card when she's been "4's" and "3's", I get concerned. Her graded papers and reports are A's & B's but, her report card doesn't reflect that, and I still have not gotten an explanation, even after speaking to the Principal. I'm also the same parent who gave a glowing review about taking my daughter out of the Hawthorne school district, and now I wish I hadn't bothered. Other than this teacher who is supposed to be THE teacher for advanced students, the school is great. I suggest that you ask the parents for their opinions before placing your child in any class here, and not solely rely on the staff's advice.

Posted June 07, 2011
I loove this school i went here for elemtery and now im graduating 8th grade with straight A's!!!! The teachers are helpfull too. The activities are fun and the school is sooo colorful!!!

Payne (Beulah) Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2011
Really good school. Teachers are there to help. Our son graduate from there. He had a lot of friend and had a lot fun in class and after school program. His last year (5th) grade was tough because he had to learn on his own and the instructor wasn't strict with them like in his previous classes. But overall this is a great school and we were satisfied with the school staff, and principal.

Posted September 27, 2010
Teachers are very responsible in assigning homework. It seems like teachers are collaborating within their grade levels and accross grades. My daughter's homework has never been a surprise from kindergarten to third grade. I know what I should check for every night. This school welcomes all parents to paticipate and take an active part in their children's educational learning. Homework should be checked at home by parents before sent to school in order to make the learning process at school much more effective. Its obvious teachers will have to slow the learning process at school if parents do not do their job at home. I have found through my experience at payne that if parents are not active in their children's academic learning process this is not a school for you. All teachers and staff members hold high expectations from students and parents. This is an excellent school!

Payne (Beulah) Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
This year will be my son's fourth year here, and so far the most dissapointing. He has 29 classmates, and the teacher never checks the homework she has the students check it and they just to see if it is done.

Posted January 12, 2009
Teachers are good, however, this school does no meet my standards. please review all SARC reports carefully!!

Posted November 12, 2008

Posted October 02, 2008
Many teachers are good but many students seem behind and teachers have to slow down and work on things with large groups that are well beneath the grade level.

Payne (Beulah) Elementary School
215 West 94th Street, Inglewood, CA  90301
Last modified Payne (Beulah) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Payne (Beulah) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top