Inglewood, CA

Posted March 25, 2014
My son attended this school for 1 school year only Kinder and the teacher was never there all through the week he had multiple of teachers trough out the school year finally at the end he was learning to something but not enough he was falling behind. This school and all the schools in Inglewood need to step it up I transferred my son to Westchester school. Inglewood district needs to give up all the schools to LAUSD. This problem with schools in Inglewood go back since I attended 1990's thru 2000. My parents didn't know better but I do and made a change for my son. GET IT TOGETHER INGLEWOOD FORCE THE PARENTS TO BE INVOLVED AND PUT MORE MONEY INTO THE SCHOOLS HAVE MORE FUNDRAISERS. So sad.

Posted February 28, 2013
I need some advice. my son is 5. he was in an early education center since he was 3. That being said, when he entered kindergarden he was one step ahead. I have never had a problem with his behavior. At home his behavior is well, with anyone else he behaves. He does however, have a lot of energy. BUT, ever since he entered kinder i get nothing but bad reports from school. He is at the point to be suspended. He has been kicked out of class once. My first reaction was to be pist. But there is a gut feeling that there is more than him just misbehaving. Today I had to sit in class to observe, as a condition for my son to re enter class. I want to be reasonable,and give his teacher the benefit of the doubt. I find out that for almost 6 months my son did not have a desk. I went to ikea and bought him a table and chair for him to use. I dont mind at all to do this. But, I just cant stop thinking where has my kid been put all along. I ask him and he says that when ever someone is absent that is the seat he takes. I feel really bad for my kid. I feel like I let him down. I hate this school. There have been other little things that just dont seem right.

Posted June 15, 2009
I am disgusted by what I have seen at this school. I can not understand why the playground appears the way it does. The balls for the tetherball are an poor excuse for balls. Upon entering the principal's office, everything is prestige, marble-like counters. I wish she cared as much about her students as she does her office furniture. Also, this school is known for withholding students from outer district permits, possibly for the money they will not spend on the students. Disgusted parents.

Posted June 25, 2008
I am a parent of a student who has gone here for the last two years going on three. I find that the principal and vice principal stay involved in everything. As a parent volunteer, I see a lot from the inside and the out. I see alot that this school does for the students. I encourage the parents to get involved. No school is perfect. It takes the parent and staff to work together. I think Ms Marquez is a wonderful principal and does the best she can with best of what she has.

Worthington Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2007

Worthington Elementary School 5

Posted August 31, 2007

Posted August 29, 2007

Posted August 16, 2007
The teachers here at Worthington Elementary School (try) as much as they can to help their students but their lack of efforts isn't really that good. The students like their teachers but the teachers act like their happy with them but later on they mistreat them.

Posted August 16, 2007
Im a parent and i am proud of this school. they have the best staff members and employees. the only thing is that the staff members in the office give the employees flyers to go home and the teachers wait until the following week to hand them to the kids, but other than that im satisfied with the work that the principal and staff has done for the kids. since the current principal Mrs. Marquez has been working here this school all the students have been raised properly and they have achieved during their years in this school.

Worthington Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2007
Since the arrival of the new principal 3 years ago the school has gone down hill. There is a lack of support and organization from the principals. Notes come home late with misspellings and wrong information. The classrooms are run down, there a very little outside activities, and discipline seems to be missing.

Worthington Elementary School
11101 Yukon Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90303
Last modified Worthington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Worthington Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top