Posted October 12, 2014
The school is a happy and clean place of worship and learning. Quality of education is high and so are expectation from staff and students. Knowing the sacrifice parents and teachers make to positively impact our children, as a volunteer, I find myself wanting to do more.

St. John Chrysostom School 4

Posted June 30, 2014
My three girls graduated from St. John's. All are college grads and professional women who are still best friends with their former SJCS classmates. This school has very fine, dedicated teachers and a dynamic principal, all committed to high standards. In addition to Common Core curriculum in a faith based community, school boasts a comprehensive sports program, art, music (choral and instrumental, theory and performance), and foreign languages, focusing on Spanish for most grades and Latin or Italian for designated grades.School partners with LMU Place Corps, which produces exceptional teachers. Strong parental involvement, before and after care, and a safe, friendly campus make this a place where a child can build a strong skill foundation, develop talents, make lifelong friends, then go on to the best high schools. Limited financial aid is available, but tuition is competitive with schools in surrounding areas - SJCS costs maybe slightly less. Weekly Mass, instructions in faith and morals (students of all faiths admitted). Great educational bargain!

St. John Chrysostom School 3

Posted May 22, 2014
Institution offers an amazing sense of student nurturing necessary for positive and safe environment conducive to learning. The academic infrastructure requires a bit of work as its not fundamentally structured for student success. For example, mathematics is clearly a task that requires fundamental understanding of one concept before engaging in the next. Its disheartening as a parent , taking the extra steps to ensure your child receives attention / timing to progress is not received academic enthusiasm.

Posted April 08, 2013
My daughter has been at St. John's for the last 3 years. it is a wonderful school. The teachers are great and the school is making great improvements towards the right direction. Foreign languages are being offered at every single grade level including the transitional kindergarten level. I also have a son in the transitional kindergarten and the teacher is very wonderful. She is very patient and works with the parent when the child is having an issue. I really love all the teachers and I look forward to many more years at St. John Chrysostom.

Posted March 25, 2013
I have been a part of St. John Chrysostom for five years. When I first arrived, I was welcomed and made to feel a part of a family. The atmosphere was nurturing and inviting. The academics was on point. The teachers challenged my children, but provided support when needed. The school has a new Principal now who brings many exciting and innovative ideas. We offer foreign languages, iRead programs and music instrument instruction. Our athletic department doesn't rely on the normal sports but goes beyond and offers, golf, swimming and karate. I am very proud to be a part of St. John Chrysostom

St. John Chrysostom School 4

Posted August 22, 2012
My daughter and I like St. John Chrysostom and the staff, and we're looking forward to returning in September 2012. The academics are improving, the staff is helpful, respectful, and courteous. We felt the Love of God when we walked in the door. I'm an educator, and I know schools like this are hard to find. St. John is a good school! My hope is that more parents will participate and get involved in their children's learning experience and work with the teachers to improve students learning outcomes.

Posted May 01, 2012
I didn't give this school a 5 star rating because my son has been on the Principles List the last two years. I gave it because this school has what seems to be the perfect balance for the development of a well rounded student. I think the staff really cares about the kids. I remember my son got his first lesson in manners when the Principle got on him his 1st day of school about loud noise in the hallway. I was instantly impressed because she handled him firmly and respectfully and she smile as she walked away (Just like I do!). He is doing very well with that teaching still. Some days when I pick him up from the after school program, after his homework is done, he makes homework for me to do (AND I DO IT). This year a before school breakfast program took off. The after school program is till 6:30pm. So for you parents who need to be to work early OR stay at work late, this is the school for you. If your kid has behavior problems this school has the patience in dealing with your child. I can say that because my son can be challenging in his behavior at times...

Posted April 13, 2010
My daughter has attended St. John Chrysostom for the pass year and I have seen a huge improvement in her academics, compared to where she was academically while attending public school. In these time of economic uncertainties it is very reassuring that the investment in my daughter s education will be compensated two fold.

St. John Chrysostom School 1

Posted March 04, 2009

Posted December 13, 2008
I am a student at SJCS and for me it's the best. My teachers support me alot. The school encourages kid's to do hard and never give up. I could all ready do 8th grade spelling. And in computer class they show you how to write fast on a key board and precise and they make it fun. I love my school and my friends in it I don't want to leave but I'll have to in 8th grade. I'm a proud 6th grader.

St. John Chrysostom School
530 East Florence Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90301
Last modified St. John Chrysostom School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. John Chrysostom School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top