The University of Children School 4

Posted May 16, 2012
My daughter, now 4, has been in the pre-school class since end of last summer (2011). She's happy, loves her teachers, has great friends, and rarely has a bad day. I love that she receives an individualized approach to teaching because she is performing above level in some areas and average in others. I agree that the school does not have fieldtrips and programs outside of the academics, currently. The economy is driving this decision as these are extra, costly activities that all parents can't afford. I also think that encouraging parental involvement is not formalized. Instead of leaving, I spoke to the director as a paying parent about what I think we would a great idea for the school. And they are actively exploring my suggestions.

Posted November 20, 2011
I love this school! My child love this school. I've notice growth socially and academically! They work so well with the children and the kids learn and have fun. I am so glad I found this school for my 3 year old!

The University of Children School 1

Posted November 01, 2011
2 words: GHETTO & UNPROFESSIONAL. The staff is very unprofessional and doesn't seem to care too much about the student. When the owner of this private school is in agreement with the staff's behavior, it's a problem. They have no respect for the working family. All they concern themselves with is tuition! No fieldtrips, no programs outside of the daily curriculum. Kindergarten teach is good with academics but doesn't understand normal behavioral development.

Posted December 17, 2009
This school works with kids at a deep level. We love the school, the other parents and the teachers.

Posted January 29, 2009
My child has learning problems, and when I brought him to the UofC I wasn't hopeful that they could help him. However, they have helped him overcome the majority of the limitations that troubled him in a public school.

Posted November 11, 2008
My son is learning a lot at the U of C !!! Beyond learning to read and write, the children are exposed to a lot of hands on educational materials that my son loves. Just recently, he came home telling me about they were learning about and tasting foods from different countries of the world. I am really happy with the quality of the education he is getting. Both his mom and I have also sat in during class time and the teachers give the kids a lot of individual attention. It is also a warm and open environment where you know that your child is safe, being nutured, and is well taken care of. I agree with the last review, I too am thankful for all they have done. This is a great school!

Posted September 28, 2008
I am a parent of a little one in the infant/toddler class. I am extremely pleased with amount of attention and educational exposure my daughter receives on a daily basis. My daughter has been there for almost a year and I have nothing bad to say. The staff in her room (Mrs. Ardella, Ms. LaShawna, Mrs. Bogda) are great. The principal (Mr. Richard) is devoted and keeps the school running as it should. He takes out time to handle issues and puts his work aside to talk to you whenever you have questions/concerns. Overall the school is an excellent place for infants-3rd grade to develop. I am an involved parent. I communicate with my daughter's teachers on a daily basis and I work with my daughter every chance I get...She will definitely succeed! It takes a village and I am so grateful for all that they have taught her. I reward them, I praise them and I ask that they keep up the good work!

Posted July 11, 2008
All three of my children have gone to the University of Children Montessori School and this is an outstanding school. My oldest boy began in the potty training classroom at 2 years old, and when my daughters were born, they started in the infant program. They all love their teachers and enjoy going to school because they are able to learn in a very hands-on environment. I am also really pleased that they have advanced at their own pace, and are reading and doing math problems grades ahead of where they d be in a public school. I am very happy with the personalized care and attention that has helped my kids to develop both academically and socially.

The University of Children School 0

Posted March 13, 2008
The teachers that deal with the 2-4 year olds are very lazy. If you pass by the school in the after you will see them sitting down not paying close attention to the students. Children there are always on time out for being acting their age. Academically the school only teach for 2 - 3 hours and the rest is play time. This is not good for getting children ready for regular school. This is not good at all.

The University of Children School 1

Posted January 17, 2008

The University of Children School
1518 Centinela Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90302
Last modified The University of Children School is a Private school that serves grades K-5
The University of Children School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top