Ione, CA

Posted April 22, 2014
At first we really liked this school... and then we started to see that there isn't much "follow through" from the office and although some teachers are great (we love Mrs. Ohm! ) there are a few that should not be teaching at all. There is a problem with Bullying at the school, and administration doesn't seem to give it much more than lip service. There has been a few pretty big outbreaks of Lice this year, and we have yet to receive a notice that they were doing checks, and our Children had to tell us. I would definitely like to see a more thorough administrative staff that checks on the students and teachers a little more thoroughly. Luckily for us, our children don't require a lot of attention and we work with them at home, but I have heard repeatedly from other involved parents that children requiring a little more attention are not having their needs met. Parental involvement is a must with every child, but in my opinion, this school requires a little extra to maintain a good education for your child

Posted August 05, 2011
i just love the teachers....they help any way they can, but i have had a lot of bully problems at the school, they say they have a zero tolerance i would like to see it...for 2 years now i have not seen anything done. this year should it continue i will be removing my children and homeschooling.. i have also had issues with office polices like one i had last year ( they called me & times to tell me my child forgot his lunch but a few weeks later he fell and hit his head on a planter came home with a golf ball size knot on his head but i was never told about it till my child told me) so once again i say the teachers are wonderful but the schools office is lacking....my opinion

Ione Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2011
We love this school. We moved here about 6 months ago and I just can t stop being impressed. They are super involved with the children here. Teachers and administrators encourage school home connections. The communication for academics, events, and behavior is wonderful. My children have responded amazingly to the environment. There is plenty of feedback for the hard work and achievements of the students. They are recognized by the top levels on down and the kids know people care so they care. They are focused on the individual growth of each child and teaching social responsibilities. Best move we ever made. Thank you IES!

Ione Elementary School 5

Posted January 14, 2009

Posted May 13, 2006
- a former student

Ione Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2005
We really like this school and the teachers. There is a zero tolerance no bully policy which is very nice. The small classes are nice.

Ione Elementary School
415 South Ione Street, Ione, CA  95640
Last modified Ione Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ione Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top