Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers we had were of no help at all. Its just unfortunate. If the teachers were helpful the school would be better.

I would have given this school zero stars if there was an option to do that. If you love your child then please DONT send him/her to this absolutely ridiculous school. The amount of bullying and negligence that our kids experienced here was beyond imagination. Our kids used to love going to school but after going to this one they started begging us to homeschool them. My daughter lost her confidence and was always unhappy and cranky until we switched schools. The worst part is that every time she would go to her teacher with a problem the teachers answer would be solve it yourself and my daughter is only in 1st grade.

This school is fantastic. From the principal down to pretty much every other staff member, they are enthusiastic, involved and excited about education. You really get the feeling that everyone who works there really love their jobs and care deeply for the students. I can't rave enough about this achool!

My daughter has been attending this school since Kindergarten and is now is 3rd grade. Her first year was a good experience. 1st grade didn't go well. The teacher was unrealistically strict and my daughter even left school crying one day. 2nd went better and my daughter loved her teacher. For 3rd grade my daughter loves her teacher and I think she's the best as well. My daughter received a death threat from a fellow student and the assistant principle confirmed it. My daughter doesn't want to go to the school anymore because she says the children aren't nice.

Wonderful school and wonderful teachers. Kids get individual attention as per their requirements. Teachers make sure that kids are always learning be it in class or extra curricular activities. I have son in grade 6 and daughter in grade 2. Teachers are supportive even before and after school. Teachers communication with parents is smooth and is really helpful in keeping parents up-to-date

From an educational standpoint, Plaza Vista is a wonderful school. The curriculum is challenging but is well taught. But, I guess with any organization there are some down falls. Some of the staff--Gretchen Hill, S. Waterman (teacher), Heather Phillips (principal), to name a few can be outright rude at times. It can be frustrating when the ones you hope will help be an advocate for your child are the ones who are tearing down their self-esteem.

I was enrolled at Plaza Vista for three years. I recommend this school for children that aren't challenged enough and like smaller schools. Each grade has only around 100 kids, enabling students to make wonderful bonds with each other especially if they've been there since kindergarten. I enjoyed my time at Plaza Vista and have made some good memories and friends. The teachers are very dedicated to their students and some of them are cool. Although I do recall a couple teachers being bias and frustrating at times, even the principal. Plaza Vista definitely prepared me for highschool (I feel like a genius sometimes, something I didn't know I was capable of) and helped develop my thought process and information retainment. Remember: This school is good for children that like challenges and small schools.

I pulled my son out of this school after 15 incidences (10 of which were documented) in just a few months time. The staff did nothing to fix the lack of supervision or bullying that was occurring on the playground. The lack of care or attention from the teacher regarding this matter was appalling. This is not the environment I expected from a "Blue Ribbon School".

Nothing but horrible experiences at Plaza Vista. Teacher's quality is really bad and questionable. I cannot find any kindness and consideration for students. Also, The principal doesn't try to accept parent's opinion. Can you imagine that the teacher of 1st grader turns off the whole lights of classroom to make them quiet when some of students have a chat with friends? How could the teacher do that, even as the teacher for 1st grader? Besides, the teacher frequently frowns and yells to their students. When I went to the school as a volunteer, they never showed an appreciation. TOTALLY BAD!!

My daughter started in kinder and now she's in 5th grade. ALL of her teachers have been amazing ... Since being GATE identified, the work has been a little more challenging but more than that, she loves her teachers and her friends. Also, teachers are very discreet about giving GATE kids more challenging projects without making anyone feel different. Each year, they prepare them for the next so now that she's in 5th, her teachers are getting the kids ready for middle school ... I think it's great that they do that. Not only do they work on academics, they also focus on P.R.I.D.E. ... their character. Kids are awarded when they deserve it, and punished when they do something wrong ... a very good balance. Even with the budget cut, teachers are doing all they can to make the quality of the education top notch. I'm so glad I didn't choose to send her to APAAS. She's excited to stay at PV until she graduates in 8th grade and starts high school. This school is the best all around.

Last modified Plaza Vista School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.