Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted April 13, 2016
The teachers we had were of no help at all. Its just unfortunate. If the teachers were helpful the school would be better.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted April 13, 2016
This school just takes away their confidence and teaches nothing in the name of morality and social ethics.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 13, 2016
I heard kids use abusive language here multiple times and no one.. not even their parents stop them.

Plaza Vista School 1

Posted April 13, 2016
I would have given this school zero stars if there was an option to do that. If you love your child then please DONT send him/her to this absolutely ridiculous school. The amount of bullying and negligence that our kids experienced here was beyond imagination. Our kids used to love going to school but after going to this one they started begging us to homeschool them. My daughter lost her confidence and was always unhappy and cranky until we switched schools. The worst part is that every time she would go to her teacher with a problem the teachers answer would be solve it yourself and my daughter is only in 1st grade.

Plaza Vista School 5

Posted February 16, 2016
This school is fantastic. From the principal down to pretty much every other staff member, they are enthusiastic, involved and excited about education. You really get the feeling that everyone who works there really love their jobs and care deeply for the students. I can't rave enough about this achool!

Plaza Vista School 3

Posted May 25, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school since Kindergarten and is now is 3rd grade. Her first year was a good experience. 1st grade didn't go well. The teacher was unrealistically strict and my daughter even left school crying one day. 2nd went better and my daughter loved her teacher. For 3rd grade my daughter loves her teacher and I think she's the best as well. My daughter received a death threat from a fellow student and the assistant principle confirmed it. My daughter doesn't want to go to the school anymore because she says the children aren't nice.

Posted May 05, 2014
Wonderful school and wonderful teachers. Kids get individual attention as per their requirements. Teachers make sure that kids are always learning be it in class or extra curricular activities. I have son in grade 6 and daughter in grade 2. Teachers are supportive even before and after school. Teachers communication with parents is smooth and is really helpful in keeping parents up-to-date

Posted March 03, 2014
From an educational standpoint, Plaza Vista is a wonderful school. The curriculum is challenging but is well taught. But, I guess with any organization there are some down falls. Some of the staff--Gretchen Hill, S. Waterman (teacher), Heather Phillips (principal), to name a few can be outright rude at times. It can be frustrating when the ones you hope will help be an advocate for your child are the ones who are tearing down their self-esteem.

Posted January 22, 2014
I was enrolled at Plaza Vista for three years. I recommend this school for children that aren't challenged enough and like smaller schools. Each grade has only around 100 kids, enabling students to make wonderful bonds with each other especially if they've been there since kindergarten. I enjoyed my time at Plaza Vista and have made some good memories and friends. The teachers are very dedicated to their students and some of them are cool. Although I do recall a couple teachers being bias and frustrating at times, even the principal. Plaza Vista definitely prepared me for highschool (I feel like a genius sometimes, something I didn't know I was capable of) and helped develop my thought process and information retainment. Remember: This school is good for children that like challenges and small schools.

Plaza Vista School 1

Posted July 11, 2013
I pulled my son out of this school after 15 incidences (10 of which were documented) in just a few months time. The staff did nothing to fix the lack of supervision or bullying that was occurring on the playground. The lack of care or attention from the teacher regarding this matter was appalling. This is not the environment I expected from a "Blue Ribbon School".

670 Paseo Westpark, Irvine, CA  92606
Last modified Plaza Vista School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.