Plaza Vista School 3

Posted May 25, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school since Kindergarten and is now is 3rd grade. Her first year was a good experience. 1st grade didn't go well. The teacher was unrealistically strict and my daughter even left school crying one day. 2nd went better and my daughter loved her teacher. For 3rd grade my daughter loves her teacher and I think she's the best as well. My daughter received a death threat from a fellow student and the assistant principle confirmed it. My daughter doesn't want to go to the school anymore because she says the children aren't nice.

Posted May 05, 2014
Wonderful school and wonderful teachers. Kids get individual attention as per their requirements. Teachers make sure that kids are always learning be it in class or extra curricular activities. I have son in grade 6 and daughter in grade 2. Teachers are supportive even before and after school. Teachers communication with parents is smooth and is really helpful in keeping parents up-to-date

Posted March 03, 2014
From an educational standpoint, Plaza Vista is a wonderful school. The curriculum is challenging but is well taught. But, I guess with any organization there are some down falls. Some of the staff--Gretchen Hill, S. Waterman (teacher), Heather Phillips (principal), to name a few can be outright rude at times. It can be frustrating when the ones you hope will help be an advocate for your child are the ones who are tearing down their self-esteem.

Posted January 22, 2014
I was enrolled at Plaza Vista for three years. I recommend this school for children that aren't challenged enough and like smaller schools. Each grade has only around 100 kids, enabling students to make wonderful bonds with each other especially if they've been there since kindergarten. I enjoyed my time at Plaza Vista and have made some good memories and friends. The teachers are very dedicated to their students and some of them are cool. Although I do recall a couple teachers being bias and frustrating at times, even the principal. Plaza Vista definitely prepared me for highschool (I feel like a genius sometimes, something I didn't know I was capable of) and helped develop my thought process and information retainment. Remember: This school is good for children that like challenges and small schools.

Plaza Vista School 1

Posted July 11, 2013
I pulled my son out of this school after 15 incidences (10 of which were documented) in just a few months time. The staff did nothing to fix the lack of supervision or bullying that was occurring on the playground. The lack of care or attention from the teacher regarding this matter was appalling. This is not the environment I expected from a "Blue Ribbon School".

Plaza Vista School 1

Posted March 22, 2013
Nothing but horrible experiences at Plaza Vista. Teacher's quality is really bad and questionable. I cannot find any kindness and consideration for students. Also, The principal doesn't try to accept parent's opinion. Can you imagine that the teacher of 1st grader turns off the whole lights of classroom to make them quiet when some of students have a chat with friends? How could the teacher do that, even as the teacher for 1st grader? Besides, the teacher frequently frowns and yells to their students. When I went to the school as a volunteer, they never showed an appreciation. TOTALLY BAD!!

Posted November 23, 2012
My daughter started in kinder and now she's in 5th grade. ALL of her teachers have been amazing ... Since being GATE identified, the work has been a little more challenging but more than that, she loves her teachers and her friends. Also, teachers are very discreet about giving GATE kids more challenging projects without making anyone feel different. Each year, they prepare them for the next so now that she's in 5th, her teachers are getting the kids ready for middle school ... I think it's great that they do that. Not only do they work on academics, they also focus on P.R.I.D.E. ... their character. Kids are awarded when they deserve it, and punished when they do something wrong ... a very good balance. Even with the budget cut, teachers are doing all they can to make the quality of the education top notch. I'm so glad I didn't choose to send her to APAAS. She's excited to stay at PV until she graduates in 8th grade and starts high school. This school is the best all around.

Plaza Vista School 3

Posted January 31, 2011
I go to this school and literately, if you ask me, this school gives too many punishments for reason that don't make sense. if there is a problem going on campus, they make sure to take care of it fast. the principal is great, and the teachers are nice. I think Plaza Vista is a school that challenges you if your not a genius, and trust me, your kid will be happy that he went to this school when he/she is in High School. This school prepares you every day for High School. You have homework pretty much every day. Overall, if your child likes a small school where you get a good education, this is the school for you. But make sure not to do anything wrong, cause punishments and detentions come often for kids that don't listen, or horse around.

Posted April 27, 2010
We like Plaza Vista because of the year-round schedules and that the school goes from kindg - 8th grade!

Posted June 04, 2009
Plaza Vista is a great school. The teachers and parents are dedicated to the kids and school. I won't send my daughter to the other APAAS schools although she is qualified for the gifted students program. We are happy with the 'clustered program' that Plaza Vista provides.

Plaza Vista School
670 Paseo Westpark, Irvine, CA  92606
Last modified Plaza Vista School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plaza Vista School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.