University Montessori Of Irvine 3

Posted March 04, 2013
Good university environment Clean Some excellent teachers but Your child is not a priority to them, they will make you understand that this is a tuition. Many people had a very bad experience here. Some teachers spend their days and long hours on chatting with a director, which is not exactly what you are paying for. Treat their own students as numbers. They are nice, but there's no real relation student-teacher. They are not flexible. No parents' involvement Some kids will never learn how to read and count. They will never be encouraged to do it, which is not exactly Maria Montessori's idea. Village Montessori would be much better. It's the same chain, but it is really different. Try it out!

Posted November 04, 2012
My daughter went to this school since she was 1 yr. old until first grade. This is a fantastic school with warm, passionate, and concerned teachers. It is a bit expensive. But the environment made it worth it for my daughter. She learnt much more from this environment, that when we moved her to the second grade to the best elementary school in Irvine - Turtle Rock, we actually found that the level is much lower than in University Montessori. Life sciences, general knowledge, social sciences, math, reading, and many other practical skills were enjoyable for my daughter to learn. I recommend this school very much.

University Montessori Of Irvine 3

Posted September 21, 2012
I doubt if kids have enough outdoor playing time. For first graders, do they have PE?

Posted June 21, 2011
Great school. Teachers are caring and warm to the students. They are very good at teaching the preschoolers self control and life-skills. There is no chaos and kids are focused and engaged in learning.

Posted March 15, 2009
I had my older kid went through this school from nursery, through pre-school to kindergarten. This is a great school. Teachers are great with kids. They have great activities and very responsive to the needs of individual kid. My second child is going to its preschool soon. I can't wait.

Posted January 09, 2009
My children have been at this school from the time they were infants. The teachers have been fabulous and generally very stable (very little turnover). I looked at many many school before choosing this one and I have always been extremely pleased. My children (now 6 and 3 1/2) have flourished in the montessori environment. Children are taught to be respectful, self directed and responsible. They learn to interact with their peers in the multi-age preschool classroom, both as learners and leaders. We notice a drastic difference between our children's montessori friends and children from other schools -- go to a montessori birthday party and the kids are having a great time, not fighting, clean up after themselves and say thank you. Not true with other sets of friends. My children are academically above their peers at other schools, but the social education that this school provides is invaluable!

Posted December 18, 2008
A Great Place! My children are 6 and 4 1/2 and have been here since infants. They love school (always want to stay longer) and have learned so much. It's more than just academics, too- manners, how to get along, respect, independence... It's not the 'traditional' everybody doing the same thing, but that way they can do what they're ready for. The teachers have been great, too. I could not imagine a better foundation for my kids!

University Montessori Of Irvine 2

Posted September 26, 2008
Oweners interest is way above children's need in UMS. They charge $7.5 per lunch meal per child, but they provide kids chips, baked potato, sandwichs. Child is lack of disciplines after they join more structured public school. Child has not taught need to stay one job and complet it. Most of times they move from one job to another job. Lots of good teachers have left school. There are better schools around Irvine area with much cheaper tuition and better services.

Posted September 17, 2008
We have a had a great experience at this school! My daughter loves it and always wants to stay longer when I pick her up. This is her third year there. Fortunately, she's had very loving teachers. She has learned to read, to take responsibility for her work, to respect others. I've volunteered in her Kindergarten class and have observed that the children take responsibility for doing the work in their individualized lesson plans. For parents that have not had a good experience here, a lot may depend on each individual child. You need to find a school that fits the needs of your own child. I visited many schools before selecting this one and feel very confident and happy with this choice. One thing I do wish: They stopped serving chips and other non-nutritious food.

University Montessori Of Irvine 1

Posted August 26, 2008
Convience, clean, nice look and university environment are the main reasons that we sent children to UMS. but if the child likes or not, how much they have learned everyday, as a parent I do not know since my kids have never been to other schools. Some teachers are good, but with so many kids at different age group, how much they can do. Most of time young kids are walking around in the class room (so called observation), older kids are sit around the table doing jobs and chatting. For kids age above 5 is definitely not good. They cannot focus when they go to public school or structured school. Experience with directors is horrible. They charge so much for NOTHING! I cannot wait to take my child out.

University Montessori Of Irvine
101 Russell Place, Irvine, CA  92617
Last modified University Montessori Of Irvine is a Private school that serves grades K-1
University Montessori Of Irvine Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top