No rating

Northwood Montessori School Of Irvine

Private | K-1 | 51 students

Student diversity

Living in Irvine

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $615,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

Posted May 25, 2014

Overrated preschool. We pulled out our child after two partial days and were not able to get back hundreds of dollars in fees. The teachers in the preschool room were disinterested, standing around and chatting among themselves while we observed a new girl (not our child) crying and distressed the whole morning. It was heartbreaking to watch. The teachers looked bored. They exerted very little effort to help new students engage and be part of the class. The school is cramped inside and out - not enough room for all of the kids to play. The school may have taken our money, but we chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. We would never recommend this preschool to anyone.

Posted September 4, 2013

We were disappointed in this school. They say they are NAEYC certified but it turns out that they tell parents how to fill out their satisfaction surveys so they can keep their certification. When parents raise genuine concerns, such as uncaring teachers/administration or lack of communication, the school newsletter has an article admonishing parents as to why they "incorrectly" filled out their survey which may cause the school to lose their certification. As if parents are just interested in going to a school that pretends to be certified rather than one that actually follows the tenants of a good school. This is indicative of their approach in general in which they tell you how to parent so that it can be easier for them to take care of your child, including when and how to potty train. Overall I would not recommend this school.

Posted August 20, 2012

If you are looking for just a clean baby sitting classes, then this school is ok, if you are looking for any sort of academics as basic as phonetics,,,,,look elsewhere. It is just a day care with rude/unfriendly teachers...I see the same teachers smiling and conversing with few parents but very indifferent to other parents. Lot of discrimination towards children too....which is so unfair of a head teacher.

Posted July 31, 2012

Uncaring and unresponsive school director and teachers. The teachers are not available to talk to parents for their genuine concerns. Do not get fascinated by long waiting list, its not worthit at all. Really disappointed.

Posted March 19, 2012

This year I enrolled my shy daughter into Irvine Montessori. My daughter is just excelling so quickly, I am so excited for her. She's making friends, gaining confidence and the dance program is sparking love for music we have never seen before. The staff is very considerate. Her teachers and everyone know her by name and are committed to her academic enrichment. I know we chose the correct school. We have watched her build her confidence and now we have already planned for her little brother who starts next year.

Posted March 15, 2012

Fantastic head start for your children. I have 2 1/2 year old that has been attending for a little 1 year and we feel like we have given him an excellent head start in life. He counts, sings, and talks non-stop. He has an active imagination, and I believe it is a result of the school's focus on having creative time and time to learn about other cultures. The staff is attentive and communicates well with the parents. I would highly recommend Irvine Montessori for parents wanting more than just daycare.

Posted March 31, 2010

What a disappointment!!! The staff is uncaring and unresponsive when parents have honest concerns and questions. Our experience was horrible at this school. Save your money!!

Posted February 15, 2010

great school with a staff that works with the whole family, not just your child! The all inclusive tuition is such a relief after having to pay all the hidden fees I've found at other schools. The waitlist is extensive, so think long and hard before turning down an opening, as your only likely to get one chance (learned the hard way with my older daughter).

Posted August 15, 2009

My son has been attending Westpark Montessori for a year now. The teachers are very effective with the children and there is no chaos when you walk into a classroom like some of the other preschools I have visisted and research. My son loves going to school everyday and has made great progress in the one year he's been there.

Posted April 1, 2009

They have the greatest teachers!!! Very loving and caring. They would answer any questions that i had about my kid. I would recomment this school to all the parents

Posted February 1, 2009

I cannot say enough about this school. My son has been attending Northwood Montessori for the past 2 1/2 yrs and he absolutely loves it! He tells us every night he can't wait to go to school. The teachers are top notch and the environment is loving and nurturing. My son has learned so much in just 2 1/2 years......way way beyond what we ever expected. I would highly recommend this school to a parent looking for a preschool or kindergarten for their child. The long waiting list and high tuition is definitely worth it!!!!! It just doesn't compare to your typical preschool. This school is like Havard for little ones!!! But the kids love learning here! It's the best school!!!

Posted January 16, 2009

This school has alot of 'fluffy' but lacks the amount of care that is needed for the things is boasts about. Save your money and put it towards you kids college fund where it will be useful ! Sure this place is clean and 'seems' to have a dedicated staff but behind closed doors its a whole other ball game. Even if you complain about something reasonable then you're labeled the 'crazy' parent. Also, do a credential check of some of the teachers, you'll be very surprised at what you're getting for your hard earned $$. Some do not even have an AA and are basically certified nanny's who have been 'trained' through an extension course a monkey can do by paying for it! This is an honest review by an honest parent, please be careful before following the 'hype' about this school.

Posted September 22, 2008

Wonderful teachers who provide young scholars with great skills for success. The inidividual attention is excellent.

• Mrs. Amy Martin
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NAEYC

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori