Posted October 21, 2014
We had wonderful year with the 4th grade teachers. They were fun, creative & attentive. The science teacher (who has now moved to another school) was such a great teacher. She made science so interesting that the kids couldnt wait for their next classes & they loved spending their recess/lunch time with the teacher in the lab. The 5th grade teacher and the new science teacher are the opposite of our 4th grade teachers. I am so disappointed. They yell, they swear in class!, they give punishment without explaining what the kids have done wrong (at the end the kids learn nothing). When the students ask why, the teacher would say "Go away!". When the student lets the teacher know about something, the answer is "Don't care". A good teacher is supposed to encourage his/her student & display positive examples to his/her students, and unfortunately this is not happening in my child's class. If these teachers are not happy with their jobs, they should do themselves a favor and quit! One bad apple spoils the bunch! We can't wait for this school year to end quickly..

Posted August 22, 2014
I totally agree with other reviews about the principal. When you want to meet Mr.Grasso with all your concern, he's gonna close his ears. There are kids who bully other kids but their parents hardly get notice about their kids's behavior. Teachers just expect them to be OK and do not see their behavior. I left the school 2years ago and I think I made a great decision. So happy that my kids are now in far much better educational and social school enviroment!!!

Posted June 18, 2014
This School Is Excellent in every manner. All teachers are very good and they always encourage kids to excel in academics, music, sports, arts and technology. There are wonderful events throughout the year. Teachers and principal put their 100% efforts to make this school the best and as a parent we should encourage our kids to learn the best from this school. Oak Creek Wise Owl Rocks!

Posted June 06, 2014
I will give 10 rating for this school, as in last 2 years I have seen drastic change in this school. My kids are in GATE programme and are doing excellent in their studies, sports, music and the credit goes to all very hard working, dedicated teachers as well as school principal whom kids love and respect alot. I will say if this school gets support of more parent volunteers then Oak Creek Elementary will be one of the best schools in Orange County.

Posted June 04, 2014
My son is finishing second grade at Oak Creek, and I am so happy I transferred him here! He has had dramatic growth in his learning this year and I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted November 04, 2013
This school is horrible. Do not send your child to this school if you want results. There are teachers at this school that do not care about the students. Alot of the staff are biased when it comes to treating all of the students in a fair manner. This school is horrible. You will not get the results that you want from a school if you send your child here.

Posted August 29, 2013
Oak Creek is a superb school. From what I have observed, the principal is a wonderful example of what a leader should be. The office staff is intelligent and helpful. We had an amazing, amazing first grade teacher. She was more than you could ever hope for in a teacher. She showed wonderful caring and respect for each parent and child. There are so many excellent things at this school -and you won't even know about all of them until you attend. It's amazing. Parents, just remember to appreciate your school. Every school has places where it can improve. The important thing is to always remember is to be a helpful support, no matter what the situation. All of the parents that I have met there have been intelligent and care deeply for their children. We love you Oak Creek!!

Posted July 28, 2013
I can't tell you how disappointed I am with Oak Creek. Ever since the new principal began the school has gone down hill at such an alarming and rapid pace. He has eliminated vital school reading programs and ignored the concerns many parents. Concerns and conversations with the principal are disappointing at best. He tells you what you want to hear but his actions are few to non existent. Classes are packed to capacity and have so many children behavioral problems. The teachers are forced to spend so much of their time redirecting misbehaving children. They have great teachers but the teachers can only do so much with such poor leadership. It is incredibly frustrating to be across the street from your school and not want to attend it.

Posted July 21, 2013
This school has fallen short of our expectations. The principal has carved out the GATE program and does not address the needs of children bored in the classroom or having to deal with so many children with behavioral problems. Four, five and sometimes 6 kids with behavioral issues in a classroom is NOT acceptable and not fair to the kids who come to school to learn. The new principal does not address this rather, ignores it. There is more emphasis on special ed programs than kids who are over achieving as there is NO program for them. They get to sit bored in the rooms, frustrated with ill behaved kids with issues.

Posted July 19, 2013
This school fails many of its students. It is fine for average or just above average kids. However, if your child is on either end of the spectrum, the child's needs are not met. The principal refuses to address parent concerns; he does everything his way whether anyone else in the world agrees or not. Other administration members are just as bad or worse. One thing positive I can say is that the teachers care and do try their best with what they are given.

Oak Creek Elementary School
1 Dove Creek, Irvine, CA  92618
Last modified Oak Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top