Irvine, CA

Posted February 15, 2015
Excellent staff , amazing teachers my kids have learned a lot at this school ,I just love it..

Oak Creek Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2014
We had wonderful year with the 4th grade teachers. They were fun, creative & attentive. The science teacher (who has now moved to another school) was such a great teacher. She made science so interesting that the kids couldnt wait for their next classes & they loved spending their recess/lunch time with the teacher in the lab. The 5th grade teacher and the new science teacher are the opposite of our 4th grade teachers. I am so disappointed. They yell, they swear in class!, they give punishment without explaining what the kids have done wrong (at the end the kids learn nothing). When the students ask why, the teacher would say "Go away!". When the student lets the teacher know about something, the answer is "Don't care". A good teacher is supposed to encourage his/her student & display positive examples to his/her students, and unfortunately this is not happening in my child's class. If these teachers are not happy with their jobs, they should do themselves a favor and quit! One bad apple spoils the bunch! We can't wait for this school year to end quickly..

Posted August 22, 2014
I totally agree with other reviews about the principal. When you want to meet Mr.Grasso with all your concern, he's gonna close his ears. There are kids who bully other kids but their parents hardly get notice about their kids's behavior. Teachers just expect them to be OK and do not see their behavior. I left the school 2years ago and I think I made a great decision. So happy that my kids are now in far much better educational and social school enviroment!!!

Posted June 18, 2014
This School Is Excellent in every manner. All teachers are very good and they always encourage kids to excel in academics, music, sports, arts and technology. There are wonderful events throughout the year. Teachers and principal put their 100% efforts to make this school the best and as a parent we should encourage our kids to learn the best from this school. Oak Creek Wise Owl Rocks!

Posted June 16, 2014
I am very happy sending my kids in Oak Creek Elementary because this school excels in everything like academic, sports, music, arts, science and health. All teachers are very good and parents can easily reach out to teachers and principal about any question regarding their child or school, even any email sent is responded the same day. There are wonderful yearly events which let parents to participate with their kids. This year with introduction to Common Core standards my kids found the assignments tough but later it was interesting with the support of their highly skilled and very friendly teachers:) I always tell my kids to grab whatever teacher teaches in class with their hands and mind open and they love going to Oak Creek Elementary!

Posted June 06, 2014
I will give 10 rating for this school, as in last 2 years I have seen drastic change in this school. My kids are in GATE programme and are doing excellent in their studies, sports, music and the credit goes to all very hard working, dedicated teachers as well as school principal whom kids love and respect alot. I will say if this school gets support of more parent volunteers then Oak Creek Elementary will be one of the best schools in Orange County.

Posted June 04, 2014
My son is finishing second grade at Oak Creek, and I am so happy I transferred him here! He has had dramatic growth in his learning this year and I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted November 04, 2013
This school is horrible. Do not send your child to this school if you want results. There are teachers at this school that do not care about the students. Alot of the staff are biased when it comes to treating all of the students in a fair manner. This school is horrible. You will not get the results that you want from a school if you send your child here.

Posted August 29, 2013
Oak Creek is a superb school. From what I have observed, the principal is a wonderful example of what a leader should be. The office staff is intelligent and helpful. We had an amazing, amazing first grade teacher. She was more than you could ever hope for in a teacher. She showed wonderful caring and respect for each parent and child. There are so many excellent things at this school -and you won't even know about all of them until you attend. It's amazing. Parents, just remember to appreciate your school. Every school has places where it can improve. The important thing is to always remember is to be a helpful support, no matter what the situation. All of the parents that I have met there have been intelligent and care deeply for their children. We love you Oak Creek!!

Posted July 28, 2013
I can't tell you how disappointed I am with Oak Creek. Ever since the new principal began the school has gone down hill at such an alarming and rapid pace. He has eliminated vital school reading programs and ignored the concerns many parents. Concerns and conversations with the principal are disappointing at best. He tells you what you want to hear but his actions are few to non existent. Classes are packed to capacity and have so many children behavioral problems. The teachers are forced to spend so much of their time redirecting misbehaving children. They have great teachers but the teachers can only do so much with such poor leadership. It is incredibly frustrating to be across the street from your school and not want to attend it.

Oak Creek Elementary School
1 Dove Creek, Irvine, CA  92618
Last modified Oak Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top