No rating

LePort Montessori School

Private | PK-1 | 165 students

We equip our students with *Knowledge for Life*.

Living in Irvine

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $556,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

School Official Point of View

Posted April 15, 2013

At LePort Schools, we work hard to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the children in our care, and take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori curriculum. Our individualized approach emphasizes guiding each child to reach his/her potential. Children go at their own pace and are respected for who they are as individuals. The classrooms are mixed aged (18 months to 3 years in toddler rooms; 3 to 6 years in primary rooms), creating a community where the older children have the opportunity to be leaders in a cooperative environment. By allowing children to choose what work interests them, we encourage self-motivated learning. Self-motivated learning, making their own choices, and teaching children to respect all members of the community are all part of our motto of offering children, knowledge for life. We facilitate excellence in academics, but also believe that all aspects of the child s development must be taken into consideration for true learning to occur. You will find our staff to be experienced and highly trained. Our toddler teachers have their Early Childhood Education diplomas and have completed (or are in the process of completing) their Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) diploma. Similarly, our Primary teachers hold a Bachelors degree and an Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) diploma. The AMI diploma is the most respected Montessori training in the world, carrying on Dr. Montessori s vision. Several of our staff have earned their Masters in Education, as well. Located in the Westpark neighborhood of Irvine, our campus boasts nine classrooms, a large outdoor play area for both our toddler and primary students, outdoor extensions to many of our classrooms, and a secure facility. We are excited to be having renovations at our facility this summer so that our classrooms will be even more spacious and beautiful. The best way to judge whether a school is a good fit for your family is to come in and see it for yourself. We welcome parents to tour, but we don t stop there. Parents are encouraged to observe in our classrooms during class time, before you enroll, and on an ongoing basis in our, Watch Me Work Wednesday program. Usually, when parents experience our classrooms in action, they comment on how happy, content, friendly and gracious the students are and how patient, gentle and nurturing are the teachers interacting with them.

Posted March 16, 2009

I absolutely love this school. Both my children attend LePort Montessori and I am very pleased of the way they have both blossomed. The teachers are very knowledgeable and talented. I love the personalized attention that my children receive from their teachers. My children love it there and are very fond of their teachers. On the other hand, their early registration policy is a bit distressing, and out of touch considering the somber economical climate that we all face. However; I know for a fact that they ll be willing to work with you in case of encumbrance or difficulty. Furthermore, I do believe that they have too many days off, and the Daycare option on some of these holidays is very costly. It is cheaper to take that day off from work to stay at home with the children. They should be mindful of the fact that many parents cannot afford to either stay at home or pay the steep fee and offer a much better alternative; especially for those who are already paying for daycare in their monthly tuition. Other than that, the administration staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and understanding. The school is always very clean and I know my kids are getting the best of care and education.

Posted March 12, 2009

fine academically, but nothing being done about frustrating traffic and parking situation

Posted March 11, 2009

Well structed teaching, the teachers are great. But there are a lot of rules where you have to end up paying fees. I feel like they try to make so much money way ahead of time by making you sign up in advance for each summer, fall term. They have way to many school days off for the amount of money you pay. They should at least not make you pay for all those school days off.

Posted March 11, 2009

A great start up school! My daughter Aanya had stayed with me completely at home until she turned 3 and started school. I was very anxiuos as to how she would adjust. It must be said to the credit of the friendly and experienced staff that they made a big difference to Aanya's approach towards school. She is learning to be more self reliant with each passing day. I highly recommend this school to all parents who are looking for a school to lauch their child in to this routine. I feel it is an excellent foundation to groom and prepare your child to take the next step in life.

Posted March 11, 2009

Great school. Caring, talented teachers helps my kids to learn. One thing that frusturates me is their administration. They have too many day-offs (closing school for a whole day for parents-teachers conference is too much for working parents), fine for simple mistakes etc. Also they ask the parents to register for next academic year (which starts on Sep) in Feb itself. If the administration shows little more concern for parent's thoughts, this school will reach it's highest score. Has a clean environment and good set of teachers, which makes me to continue in this school.

Posted March 6, 2009

The teachers are great, but the administration is very disappointing. Everything is rules, no flexibility. It makes me feel they are like robot with fake smiles on their face, they do not care about parent feeling, but money. I do appreciate the teachers a lot, that is the only thing keep me going there.

Posted March 6, 2009

My daughter is excelling beyond my dreams. Even with the rules (tardies and signing in) this is far the best Montessori. My son attending a different school in Irvine and I am so amazed at the difference in quality and care he gets at LePort. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND LePort Schools and I have referred many friends. Thank you LePort Schools

Posted March 3, 2009

This is an excellent program and I would recommend it to any parent. We have two children there and they both are thriving, learning and so happy.

Posted March 2, 2009

My son Has been in this school for almost a year. he really love this school and his teacher. The staff members are very approachable too. My son has been enjoying his time in school and he is also been learning a lot of things.everything is well organized and his teacher is one of the most talented and undrstanding teacher i have ever met. I would definitely recomend this Montessori.

Posted February 12, 2009

I am a parent of 2 and this was my first time looking for a pre-school for my 4 year old daughter. I am very lucky to find a school that has a comprehensive curriculum and fine staff members. There are many positives that the Montessori has brought to my child and I will continue to keep her here as long as I can. The teachers are committed to providing the children with quality and advanced work as well as a very trusting environment. I love LePort Montessori schools!

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Reading specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 6:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Susan Locke
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Fax number
  • (949) 833-0339

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None

Staff resources available to students
  • Reading specialist(s)

Performing arts
  • Dance
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights