Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

36 students per class, with no plans for improvement. This is very worrisome. Undue stress on teachers and kids will get lost.

We are so thankful Hicks is our school. We have seen many new elementary schools growing in the area. As much as everyone are talking and drawn to newer schools , Hicks is an established solid school with great teachers, neighborhood and parents. My kids are very happy and enjoy learning. Some parents may want more quizzing and homework, but I prefer my kids enjoy learning and have positive experiences with teachers and school. The CDC after school program is also a well-run great program. They have thoughtful activities and kids are making friends outside of their classes.

We are very happy with Hicks. Academically challenging curriculum, caring staff, diverse student body. I agree with the 10 rating and am happy my boys attend this wonderful school!

Cannot tell enough good things about this school which hasn't been told yet!!!This is surely one of the good things which is actually good. Both my kids went to this school and both are doing excellent in the middle schools. First off they have positive environment and amazing motivational atmosphere for a growing minds. Kids were really involved in the school which showed their belonging. That's not just me but a bunch of parents we are in touch as a common group from same school!. A very big shout out for Ms.Pessy, a truly dedicated teacher...

My daughter (7) complained that boys were "jumping on her back" and the principal only reaction was to told her "not to go where they are".

Before my 2 sons attended Hicks Canyon I would ask kids in the neighborhood what schools they attended and what they thought about it. Those who said they went to Hicks Canyon all said ''it's great, I love it'. Now, I hear that every single day when I ask my kids how their day went ' Awesome, school is awesome'. I never said that about my school growing up. Now I know the place isn't perfect, but the lasting positive attitude my sons have about school and life can only be a good thing.

My son will start next year kindergarten at hicks canyon! So happy to have this school for my son, great personnel, great facility, great technology, I think is going to be a great year for us!

Coming from a different Irvine elementary school I was really happy to have found Hicks a better school options for my child. I'm extremely impressed at the high levels of education, technology, security, organization, and parent involvement. There's nothing in any other Irvine elementary I've seen better thank in this school. The campus is located in a safe and private area and the building is large, clean and look pretty new. The library is gorgeous, with up to date books and computers. The technology incorporated in each classroom is impressive. This school has been able to provide a much more updated approach for new generations. Kids enjoy using the iPads, computers, etc, which are available for students in classrooms to support their learning activities. Teachers have high end portable microphones and large screens in classrooms to enhance kids' attention and encourage participation. Teachers are super sweet and encourage and challenge kids with positive reinforcements. Teachers are a key part of learning, and I am blessed that my child has great teachers this year, he does not go one day saying: "I don't want to go to school today" and this is so refreshing for me.

The principal and the teachers at this school do not care about their students. If your child needs special attention or patience, for that matter, they will not receive it at this school. The teachers are spoiled and allowed to treat their students poorly and are encouraged by the principal to only favor high test scoring children.

This is the best school! Both my kids love it there. They have been going there for 2 years now and I as a parent couldn't ask for a better teachers, better principal and better school. I am so glad we chose Hicks Canyon and we moved here for good.

Last modified Hicks Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.