Posted October 24, 2014
My daughter (7) complained that boys were "jumping on her back" and the principal only reaction was to told her "not to go where they are".

Posted May 01, 2014
Before my 2 sons attended Hicks Canyon I would ask kids in the neighborhood what schools they attended and what they thought about it. Those who said they went to Hicks Canyon all said ''it's great, I love it'. Now, I hear that every single day when I ask my kids how their day went ' Awesome, school is awesome'. I never said that about my school growing up. Now I know the place isn't perfect, but the lasting positive attitude my sons have about school and life can only be a good thing.

Posted January 17, 2014
Coming from a different Irvine elementary school I was really happy to have found Hicks a better school options for my child. I'm extremely impressed at the high levels of education, technology, security, organization, and parent involvement. There's nothing in any other Irvine elementary I've seen better thank in this school. The campus is located in a safe and private area and the building is large, clean and look pretty new. The library is gorgeous, with up to date books and computers. The technology incorporated in each classroom is impressive. This school has been able to provide a much more updated approach for new generations. Kids enjoy using the iPads, computers, etc, which are available for students in classrooms to support their learning activities. Teachers have high end portable microphones and large screens in classrooms to enhance kids' attention and encourage participation. Teachers are super sweet and encourage and challenge kids with positive reinforcements. Teachers are a key part of learning, and I am blessed that my child has great teachers this year, he does not go one day saying: "I don't want to go to school today" and this is so refreshing for me.

Posted November 24, 2013
The principal and the teachers at this school do not care about their students. If your child needs special attention or patience, for that matter, they will not receive it at this school. The teachers are spoiled and allowed to treat their students poorly and are encouraged by the principal to only favor high test scoring children.

Posted October 01, 2013
This is the best school! Both my kids love it there. They have been going there for 2 years now and I as a parent couldn't ask for a better teachers, better principal and better school. I am so glad we chose Hicks Canyon and we moved here for good.

Posted February 06, 2013
While the teachers are great, the extreme parent involvement is annoying, especially during the talent shows where real talent is always sidelined to pick the children of volunteering parents. It's nice that these ladies use their time productively, but if they didn't use it as an opportunity to push their children ahead of others, it will be great.

Hicks Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2013
Since the principal changed from a very caring principal to a somehow strict principal changed the school's whole attitude from cheery and fun to a very dreary day of hope. I have been going to this school when I was very little and I was a very "fan" of the old principal. Now, I see my little brothers and sisters going to this school, and sometimes they come with lots of complains. The principal is very strict no matter what but this is the school where kids could look forward to their future. I probably think the new principal acts this way is that because she used to be the GATE principal. GATE stands for Gifted And Talented Education. The students should come home with fun joy instead of complaints about their school in my opinion.

Hicks Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2012
We had moved to Irvine so our daughter could attend Hicks Canyon and I have to say that it has been a terrible experience. The principal is not caring at all and the security on campus is really scary. There isn't anyone supervising the school. When the children are at recess there is no one watching them. There is not even a cross walk lady to walk the kids down busy Central Park Rd. I have tried to address these issues but nobody cares at this school. It is so disappointing.I really thought that it would be a great experience according to Great Schools. The administration is awful, they do not like to help people. They act like they are annoyed and underpaid.

Posted June 15, 2011
Very dissapointing school year. The 4th grade teachers did not compare to the previous years. They are petty and difficult to communicate with. The Principal is a phony and her true colors come out with the slighest conflict.

Posted June 03, 2011
Our son goes there and we're very happy there so far. Teachers are very much involved and so are the parents. All around good school.

Hicks Canyon Elementary School
3817 Viewpark, Irvine, CA  92602
Last modified Hicks Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hicks Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top