Irvine, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At LePort Schools, we work hard to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the children in our care, and take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori program for infants through third grade, and a rich, stimulating curriculum for our upper elementary and junior high students. Our individualized approach enables each child to reach his/her potential, and we are thrilled to do so in our brand new campus, which is beautiful, peaceful, and safe. Our goal is to welcome not only your child, but also your whole family into our community. You never really know a school until you meet the team that works there, so please do call us to schedule a tour, and to observe in one of our classrooms. Once enrolled, we welcome parents in on a regular basis, for "Watch Me Work Wednesdays," class celebrations, and Parent Education Evenings. When parents experience our classrooms in action, they comment on how content, friendly, productive, and gracious the students are and how patient, enthusiastic, and committed are the teachers interacting with them. We look forward to meeting you soon!
May 7, 2013

LePort School Irvine Spectrum 1

Posted September 12, 2014
They found other places for her to work for a week but then started pushing san diego on her again. she let them know she can not go to san diego and so they fired her. They have another position open at one of the schools in Huntington beach and they told her she can not have that position because she does not speak Spanish. How discriminatory is that?! She tried to go get the other job that she gave up for le port but they already hired someone. Now my mom is jobless because of Le Ports inability to communicate the truth in the interview that she would have to drive to san diego. They took complete advantage of my mother. Please be careful where you put your children.

Posted January 25, 2014
My two daughters attend LePort. Our oldest enrolled when the school opened in Irvine (Sep 2012). She is thriving in the primary program. When she enrolled, she was very reserved in social situations. She has made lots of friends and is brimming with confidence. Her academic progress has been excellent - her guide, Ms. Fergusson, is so attentive to her specific interests, has really listened to us as parents, and we couldn't be happier. With child #2, I started with the Mommy and Me weekend program hosted by the school so that she could transition slowly, since she would only be 2 when she enrolled full time. Ms. Carlin, was an invaluable resource for all of the parents to discuss all matter of parenting questions and always with references back to how "Maria" (Montessori) would do it. When she enrolled the following spring, my youngest was already familiar with the school and many of the materials. She is in Ms. Calvo's class. She is very knowledgable and though she is strict (in a class of toddlers!), she is very loving. There were some hiccups in the school's first year, but to me, they were minor, and the growing pains are gone now. We will be at LePort for the long term.

LePort School Irvine Spectrum 2

Posted November 27, 2013
CONTD. I guess the management is so busy opening new schools, earning a better return on investment. And why would they care when the schools in Irvine have long waiting lists. Why the Irvine preschools have waiting lists is a big social debate!!. What I suggest to current parents in Leport is to push their teachers, management to give what they deserve. Parent involvement is zero in this school (except fund raising!!). Management does not want to get in any thing that may result in a way to track their performance (other than marketing meetings). They behave as if Montessori is smt mysterious and it can not be explained or followed up. It can be actually. In our new school, the teacher gives me weekly reports showing how my kid was using his time, my kid's work sheets (not only drawings), her development results and further development areas, etc. Good luck to all Leport families. May be we come back sometime in the future if things change :) Probably not, but I still hope the best for every body. P.S I hope the marketing manager stops posting those fake positive messages. They just stand out!!

LePort School Irvine Spectrum 2

Posted November 27, 2013
Head of school, Donna, (and Wendy) who wrote the above sentences are gone. School head changed (or resigned!?) for the fourth time in a year. So did the teachers in our class. Our last teacher, who is still there, is really good at yoga, flower arrangements, keeping voice low, pouring water from one cup to another and that's what she enjoys teaching the kids, even the 5 yr olds. ('normalization' !?) We moved to another school with older facilities where my kid learns real social skills, reading, math, Spanish, dancing, music and plays in a natural garden. He is happy with her own age group in a K-1 class (still Montessori). I tried to give feedback to Leport Management after our experience in this new school, trying to make a difference for the remaining kids but they did not even reply my mail.

Posted November 11, 2013
Our 7th grade son is now in his second year at LePort and the experience has been outstanding. The teachers are smart, kind, and committed to helping each child. They make learning entertaining and our son truly looks forward to going to school each day. The school even offers opportunities for after-school enrichment programs (our son participates in one re science). LePort keeps parents apprised of the child s progress, both through regular conferences and report cards as well as through impromptu emails with highlights of the child s accomplishments. The Irvine Spectrum campus is new, beautiful, and full of teaching technology in each classroom. But more important than the physical environment, the enthusiasm of the LePort staff for teaching and helping the students succeed is rare, refreshing, and impressive. We would strongly recommend LePort for an A+ private school experience.

Posted October 27, 2013
My daughter was at another private school in Anaheim Hills that was supposed to be a top school, but had many issues with administration and safety so we left. I researched every private school in OC and selected LePort after my reviews and visits to schools. WOW....I am so happy with our decision because now I see what she has been missing for so long. So many schools claim to deliver individualized instruction, character education, but LePort truly delivers. Each child's plan, growth, curriculum, and development are completely tailored and individualized. My daughter went from struggling in a math program that bypassed basic, foundational math skills to being a superstar in math (and loving it!). Instead of rushing through books for AR tests, she gets small literature groups where students discuss what they are reading..now THAT ensures comprehension. Her teachers actually eat lunch with the kids and discuss issues relating to good character. They don't have unnecessary specialty classes. Students have uninterrupted learning time with their teachers. My daughter is flourishing and I owe it to LePort. The teachers, staff and admin are phenomenal. Best OC private school.

Posted October 26, 2013
My daughter started at LePort this year after many years in a Montessori school. I had concerns about the transition being hard on her, given it's a new school, new friends, new schedule...everything new. But so far, it has been such a smooth transition. My daughter already loves LePort and has been fully embraced by the LePort community of teachers, classmates and other parents. She happily runs into the school everyday and she is thriving. She adores her teachers and says the kids are all really nice and helpful. She is making friends with not only kids in her grade but in the other grades also. The academic and overall experience are top-notch because of the teachers, who are dedicated and hard working and really give 100% and more to the kids. LePort has far exceeded my expectation. It will be my daughter's second home for the next few years.

Posted October 05, 2013
I am very pleased with LePort Schools. My son attended a wonderful AMI school for five years in another state. When I would ask my son in the past if he enjoyed school he would say "no". My son has been attending LePort this year and he say's he really enjoys it. He loves his two teachers and wishes that we had moved here sooner. I used to think that it was just my son who was going to be one of those students who didn't like school. I realize now that wasn't true. The school and the teachers make a big difference. I highly recommend LePort, it provides a wonderful environment for learning and growth.

Posted September 23, 2013
Our son started at the Le Port Spectrum Infant program at its inception, and has now moved on to the 18 month - 3 year old group. After reading some of the negative reviews from other parents, I started to wonder if we are attending the same school? We love all the teachers in the infant program, and consider them partners and collaborators in our son s development. Through their tireless passion and commitment, our son has made amazing progress at Le Port. His language and gross/fine motor skills far exceed standard, and our pediatrician always comments on how strong his focus and concentration level is for his age group. All of his teachers take the time to talk to us and address our questions and concerns. I definitely feel our son is getting the Montessori education we wanted him to have, and we feel confident entrusting our child in their care. All of the staff are friendly and helpful and greet our son with a warm and sincere smile everyday. A special thank you to Ms. Kirsten Carlin, Ms. Denise Rodriguez, Ms.Sharon Jeng, Ms. Bianca Solorzano, Ms. Natsuko Komori, Ms. Susan Carlson and Ms. Jaya Bhandaram.

Posted March 11, 2013
We never thought that creating a path for our child's education would be such a daunting process. So many factors to put into consideration. Faith-based vs secular vs homeschooling? Cost? Location? Safety and atmosphere of the school? Our educational philosophies? After a few months of stressing out, LePort stood out. Great organization, attentive staff, highly qualified teachers. However, despite of all the superlatives we still need to see if the system could actually deliver. And deliver it did. Our child overcame a very extreme case of separation anxiety. Our child is happily flourishing and unraveling beautifully. The teachers are amazing. They talk and act "montessori." They create an environment where children prosper wonderfully. Truly, an excellent school and we could not be more happier.

LePort School Irvine Spectrum
1 Technology, Building A, Irvine, CA  92618
Last modified LePort School Irvine Spectrum is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
LePort School Irvine Spectrum Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top