No rating

LePort School

Private | PK-8 | 240 students

We equip your child with *Knowledge for Life*.

Living in Irvine

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $556,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

School Official Point of View

Posted May 7, 2013

At LePort Schools, we work hard to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the children in our care, and take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori program for infants through third grade, and a rich, stimulating curriculum for our upper elementary and junior high students. Our individualized approach enables each child to reach his/her potential, and we are thrilled to do so in our brand new campus, which is beautiful, peaceful, and safe. Our goal is to welcome not only your child, but also your whole family into our community. You never really know a school until you meet the team that works there, so please do call us to schedule a tour, and to observe in one of our classrooms. Once enrolled, we welcome parents in on a regular basis, for "Watch Me Work Wednesdays," class celebrations, and Parent Education Evenings. When parents experience our classrooms in action, they comment on how content, friendly, productive, and gracious the students are and how patient, enthusiastic, and committed are the teachers interacting with them. We look forward to meeting you soon!

Posted September 29, 2011

We started sending our son to LePort Montessori in Mission Viejo since June 2011, when he turned 18 months old. Our experience with the school and the teachers have been nothing but positive. Our son is very happy there and we have noticed big improvements in his physical, verbal, and social skills. We are impressed by the friendly and professional staff and we are very happy with the decision of sending our son to Leport. -Submitted by Jian and Carsten (parents)

Posted September 1, 2011

Every year we come back to US and have our holiday here but since we had our daughter Melissa who is 8 years old now we decided to send her to summer school here in LA. We had a wonderful experience with Le port Schools at Mission Viejo. That she has decided to come back this year again. Her teacher Stacy Blailock has made her feel at home and she was so happy to see her again. Her English has prospered and her skills improved very much. Her afternoon teacher Amy Smith made her time there so fun that everytime I went to pick her up early she was upset and wanted to stay more. The friendly and welcoming staff made our lives much easier. Being a foreigner I would highly recommend this school. And it is one of the safest schools I've seen so far.

Posted June 26, 2011

Our daughter has thrived while attending LePort from first through third grade. Her scholastic achievements were phenomenal and far exceeded our expectations. Possibly more important is the fact that the faculty and staff focus not only on the scholastic advancement of the students, but vigilantly provide social skill guidance on the playground and on field trips. There is zero chance of bullying or cliques on these premises. The field trips and school celebrations have been exceptional. Our family will treasure the memories of our experiences with our LePort family.

Posted May 5, 2011

Expensive but I think it's worth every penny. The primary teacher is great and has a lot of experience in Montessori education. She focuses not just on academics but more important the child's character. The class size is small so you can expect 100% attention given to your child. My daughter loves this school!

Posted May 5, 2011

Leport should be an inspiration to other schools. Everything from the academics to the teachers, Leport has the ideal formula for producing well rounded, well educated and happy kids. My kids have excelled above and beyond their dreams. Their confidence level has soared, and that makes for two grateful parents. Thank you Leport Educational.

Posted May 5, 2011

I am a very proud father thanks to Leport school Mission Viejo. The advantages my 2.5 and 4.5 year old boys have now because of this very special school are breath-taking. The entire staff is remakable, thoughtfull and caring to a degree that is second to none! When you get to watch your boys intellegence and personality blow away their peers that go to different schools, it says something. It has given them skills that will help them for the rest of their lives. All thanks to Leports advanced academic program. I am greatfull my wife and I found Leport, and highly recommend it.

Posted May 5, 2011

My daughter has been coming here since she was 18 months and she has loved it every day. She is always excited to go to class. The pre-primary teachers are great! They are nurturing yet still will enforce polite and courteous behavior. The staff is always available and quick to respond to questions. They also offer many opportunities for parent involvement to learn not only more about what sets their school apart from other schools but also to learn more about the montessori method. Overall, a great school!

Posted August 30, 2010

Best thing that has ever happened to my daughter and to our family as well. The teachers are so supportive and helpful, and they really know and love what they are teaching. At a family reunion this summer my daughter was discussing history with her uncle and correcting her cousins' grammar - but quietly to me so that they would not feel badly! That's another thing that the school encourages: positive social growth. Wish they had a high school.

Posted April 20, 2010

Leport teachers are so uneducated about child developments and child's mental needs. they are usually brought here from Europe, and they re very strict and unnurturing adults. the management only considers their financial benefits, ignoring children's feelings. It was the worst place I left my child at.

Posted March 11, 2010

My son is 11years old and has gone to 5 schools & NONE come close to the education LePort gives. The teachers and staff are truly OUTSTANDING. Each teacher strives to understand what type of child you have. The class sizes are small and at the end of the day the children have a homework period with a teacher to assist his or her needs...need i say more? I have another son in the pre-k program and the teachers are LOVING and UNDERSTANDING which bring out the very best in each child. LePort is an academically advanced school which has allowed my child to learn as fast as his mind lets him. LePort filled in the gaps my child had due to grade skipping. This is a one of a kind school, I wish LePort went up to 12th grade.

Posted January 26, 2010

LePort is a fantastic school. The teachers and staff here have gone above an beyond meeting my children's academic, social and emotional needs. Children are tought to think through problems and work with materials to better learn and understand. There is no 'teaching to the test' here. The children work in a supportive, peaceful and happy environment. I wish I had this environment as a child in school!

Posted January 19, 2010

My daughter attends the pre-school at LePort and I couldn't be happier. She loves going to school- - her teacher is wonderful and my daughter learns new things everyday. The staff is incredibly helpful and greet her everyday we walk through the door. On an aside, the facility is cleaned regularly and is pristine, which is important to me. It's been a great experience, we wouldn't change a thing.

Posted January 17, 2010

My daughter has attended Le Port for the past two years. I know she is engaged because she comes home and quizzes us on things she has learned and relishes the fact that we get many of the answers wrong! So, it came as no surprise that her response to the question, 'Why do you like Le Port so much? was 'They teach me things that adults don't know!' They do! But mere knowledge isn't enough, at Le Port, the children are encouraged to apply this knowledge for the betterment of their own lives. I see this in action weekly--the parrallels she draws simply astound us. I cannot say enough about Le Port and their dedication to excellence in every aspect of the school. I am one happy parent!

Posted January 14, 2010

My daughter is in the eighth grade at LePort and has been a student there since 6th grade. LePort's curriculum is very academic but, more than that, is designed to integrate across subjects and engage the kids more actively in their education. LePort kids learn to think, not just repeat answers for a test. My daughter has excelled on standardized tests and is probably much better prepared for high school than my older kids who didn't go to LePort were.

Posted January 14, 2010

Both of my children are excelling wonderfully at Leport. Not only is the curriculum academically challenging the atmosphere is one of caring and respect for learning. I couldn't be more happy with the experience Leport is providing for my children.

Posted January 14, 2010

Leport School has been an exceptional school for our children. They have found an excitement for learning here in a fun, highly academic setting.

Posted June 18, 2009

My son started preschool at LePort, MV at 4. The AMI-certified teacher is not only extremely experienced, loving, and perceptive to each student's abilities and personality, she is attuned to the student's needs and develop his/her potential accordingly. When I asked my child what he did at school, he always said that he played all day long. As my son grew older, the teacher is able to individualize the curriculum to further challenge him. The staff and administration is organized and responsive. They are constantly implementing field trips and a variety of events. The school also offers different after-school classes like chess club, art classes, etc. Finally, the schools is focused on providing a good education so that the students can thrive and mature into independent and responsible individuals.

Posted June 3, 2009

When our daughter turned 2 , we needed to find a school for her. Living in Irvine, if you didn t have your child on a wait list at birth, you don t have any chance in attending a school in Irvine. We looked in OC Family and found LePort in Mission Viejo. It seemed like a commute, but after meeting the administration and facilities, we enrolled her that day. The administration is still as wonderful as the first day when we attended our tour. Our daughter attends the preschool class and loves going to school everyday. She can t wait to tell me about her day at school. Her teacher is everything the last parent s post mentions. She IS truly one-in-a-million. We really owe the growth in our daughter s maturity, independence and intellect to her. I would not hesitant in recommending the LePort to other parents.

Posted May 28, 2009

My daughter attends the preschool Montessori class at LePort in MV. Her teacher is truly one-in-a-million: very experienced, knowledgeable, loving toward the children, yet firm. She really looks at each individual child and gives them what they need. The classroom atmosphere is benevolent, industrious and peaceful -- a top quality Montessori environment (and I've seen a LOT of them!). Most importantly, my daughter loves her teacher, loves to go to school, and is thriving. I also love it, of course, that LePort has an outstanding elementary/JH program for her to go to in upcoming years! ...Regarding some other reviewers' comments about administrative rules & too many days off: these are standard procedures for good preschools that operate as schools, not daycare centers! If you are looking for an excellent start to your child's education, look into LePort Montessori in Mission Viejo!

Posted May 4, 2009

A good friend of ours who actually visited our school recomended Le Port to us. We were trying to recruit this family to our school but instead she recruited us to Le Port. I can not say enough about the organizational & administration of this school. Consistency in everything they do is a major factor which they have mastered. The teachers are phenomenon in both education as well as relationship with kids. My son who absolutely hated history form the first day he was introduced to it, is now saying its his favorite subject. I did not think this was possible as I hated this subject as well. Parent / teacher communication is outstanding. One low grade & you are informed by e-mail or a notice that must be signed otherwise the child will lose recess. They basically have figured it all out & have fantastic system in place. Bravo!

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Math specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Lindsay Journo and Jane Erickson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Knowledge for Life Curriculum
  • Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Dance
  • Improv
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)