No rating

LePort School

Private | PK-8 | 240 students

We equip your child with *Knowledge for Life*.

Living in Irvine

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $556,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

School Official Point of View

Posted May 7, 2013

At LePort Schools, we work hard to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the children in our care, and take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori program for infants through third grade, and a rich, stimulating curriculum for our upper elementary and junior high students. Our individualized approach enables each child to reach his/her potential, and we are thrilled to do so in our brand new campus, which is beautiful, peaceful, and safe. Our goal is to welcome not only your child, but also your whole family into our community. You never really know a school until you meet the team that works there, so please do call us to schedule a tour, and to observe in one of our classrooms. Once enrolled, we welcome parents in on a regular basis, for "Watch Me Work Wednesdays," class celebrations, and Parent Education Evenings. When parents experience our classrooms in action, they comment on how content, friendly, productive, and gracious the students are and how patient, enthusiastic, and committed are the teachers interacting with them. We look forward to meeting you soon!

Posted February 19, 2009

While my daughter has been enrolled at LePort, I have observed exponential development in her, both intellectually and socially. LePort Montessori provides her with a vibrant center of academic achievement, collective service and fun. The school presses for excellence with great teachers and the administration's responsiveness to parent concerns. By not asking how smart is the child but how is the child smart, LePort is able to guide the student to see their full potential, and equip them to pursue it with passion and purpose.

Posted January 28, 2009

My son recently transferred to LePort after spending the last several years in another private school. The results from transitioning from a large classroom (36 students) to a smaller classroom (13 students) were significant. My son is now more engaged in school than ever. I have seen a dramatic improvement in his schoolwork and in his interest in learning. The teachers are very dedicated and genuinely interested in the success of each student. I think that the most significant change has been my son's attitude toward school -- he is so much happier at LePort than his prior school.

Posted January 28, 2009

LePort Schools Mission Viejo campus is amazing! The environment is safe, warm, and caring. The staff is exceptionally trained, organized, excellent at communication, and deeply committed to providing the best education possible. Students are taught to think about what they learn--making all the difference in the world. The teachers take the time to review the student's work and everything (and I mean everything) is marked. No busy work is done here--and students learn quickly to finish what they start. Another great thing LePort teaches is organization--which was something that has tremendously helped my children at school, and has greately benefited our family at home. Where else could an 11-year-old read Shakespeare--and love it? The tutoring they offer is great--truly targeting areas of need. The only problem I have with LePort is that they don't have a high school program...yet!

Posted January 27, 2009

I first became aware of LePort Schools by looking at their web site and reading about their unique curriculum. I was very impressed and excited to finally see a school who s focus is on teaching the child to think; not just blind repetition of facts and figures, but actually thinking about why the facts are important and how they effect our lives. The teachers have a real passion for not only the subject that they teach, but in sharing their knowledge and love for the subject with their students. LePort sets very high standards and the students rise to the occasion with vigor! My son has flourished in the past three years at LePort and now this is totally true he thanks me almost every week for allowing him to attend LePort Schools! Beat that!

Posted January 27, 2009

I have a four year old and a ten year old at the LePort Mission Viejo campus. After extensive experience with other schools, I am confident that my kids are finally in the right educational home. The curriculum is incredibly thorough, exciting and challenging. My fourth grader is always expected to do her personal best, a first for her. I can t rave enough about the quality of the teachers. They are incredibly dedicated to meeting the needs of each child. My children have only been at LePort for four months, yet the teachers deeply understand their individual needs, learning styles and personalities. They go to great lengths to evaluate how to best teach each child. I wish more children could experience the level of learning the LePort students receive. Heck, my husband and I wish we could go too!

Posted January 27, 2009

LePort has cherished my child, helping him to find his confidence and challenging his intellect. My son was close to dropping out of public school due to persecution and boredom. In the two wonderful years we've been at LePort, his outlook, his options, and his life have undergone an incredible turnaround. The team of staff and teachers at this school have the passion, and the TIME, to care for each individual child. I feel truly blessed that our family found LePort.

Posted January 27, 2009

I heard about this school from another mom in my pediatrician s office. Coming from other private & public schools, this school outperforms everything we had attended. The curriculum is challenging and individualized for each student. The teacher s communication and follow-up is excellent. They are creative and demanding in a unique & positive way. I wish they would offer 9 12.

Posted January 27, 2009

This is hands down the best school we have found for our children and we are very picky. The only thing that makes me sad is that the school has no compeition because all children deserve to have an education this outstanding. I have never seen such a dedicated faculty. They love children and love educating them. My hats off to LePort!!! 5 stars aren't enough!

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Math specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Lindsay Journo and Jane Erickson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Knowledge for Life Curriculum
  • Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Dance
  • Improv
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)