Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Turtle Rock Private Kindergarten 1

Posted May 07, 2016
This school is no better than any other daycare. I wish I had put my child in the public school Pre-K or kindergarten program. My child would have learnt something. The director is rude on your face. The director, the owners mother and couple of other teachers shamed me in a room. The director and the schools owners mom questioned my parenting and said that I am not a good parent to my face. Learning and playing: My child learnt nothing in this school. The kids get free time and nap time and snack time. And for the outdoor play area 4 and 5 year old kids have to do the baby activities like play with the truck, the sand, the rusted tricycle or just sit quietly. They cannot play basketball or any other active sport. It is for after-school kids who come and join the kinder class as TRP does not have enough space to accommodate them. They do have room to collect the checks, so they keep the kinder class full of after-school kids. Don't be schooled if your 4/5 year old comes home and speaks bad language. That is what happens when you mix 4/5 year olds with older after school kids. About the teachers: One of the teachers yelled at my child in front of me. And she was wrong. She later came to me and apologized! No wonder, that teacher has not been successful in her teaching career and ended up at TRP. The attrition rate for the teachers at TRP is very high. My child has been going to daycare since 2months of age and this school had the highest rate of teachers leaving. We had 3 teacher changes in one class at TRP. The teachers are very young without any experience. Learning/ asking questions: it is not allowed in this school. My child was made to sit aside for asking a lot of questions in the class. Being the smartest kid, who got the most stars in the class, was asked to sit outside the class group all the time for asking questions!!! There were instances, where the teacher did not know how to answer the questions and yelled at my child for asking so many questions. The reason why I write this review is because I would like all parents to do a thorough review of the school, the teachers, interview the director and the owners mom to see if there is a fit. If you want your child to be a child, I would not recommend this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 07, 2016
My child's teacher yelled and realized she was wrong at yelling my child as my child was not wrong. The owners mom yelled at me as well. I learnt from my conversation with her that she comes from a different culture where it is ok to instill fear in a child's mind and that is her strategy.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 07, 2016
The students are discouraged from Asking questions. If a student asks questions, they are asked to sit separately on a table away from the group.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 07, 2016
The students are not allowed to be kids. They instill fear inntheminds of the students.

Turtle Rock Private Kindergarten 1

Posted March 28, 2016
Would give less than 1 star rating for the experience I have had with this school. First of all, this has to be the most overrated hyped up school in the area. If parents use their brains and really look at the curriculum it is no better than your average day care, only difference is the arrogant director and her chums with all their pretentious bogus remarks about this being the best of the best schools. So we fell for this hype just like any other parents who want the best education for their kids. My interview with "the director" She goes on to talk about how great this school in very general terms, of course. She has no specific answers to "distinguish" her school. So goes off on a tangent on how kids are not permitted to eat birthday cake and sweets, they are not allowed to eat sugar because some of the parents get "very offended" if their kids were to eat birthday cake and sweets. Ok and, how are you different from other schools? The question remained in my mind. Still, no clear answer, very general, circumlocution. Besides,get this, her question how I discipline my child. She had the audacity to question my parenting skills. He's 3 years old for godssake. I let him be a child. Her response was "oh, you don't say no means no." Well, he's a well behaved child, doesn't need "disciplining." Ok, she rolls her eyes, and sneers. Then goes with her rant about how she takes kids with the "right fit" parents and kids. I am MD subspecialist physician and my husband is a PhD from University of Michigan with both sides of the family including grandparents having minimum masters and doctoral degrees. Not sure, what else they are looking for. All in all, I felt like I wasted $100 on a waiting list, for a school you can find anywhere else. But, perhaps that $100 taught me a very valuable lesson...let your child be a child. That is what encourages creativity and success. Don't let some lame school label your child as this and that. And by the way, the harping about NAEYC accreditation, which is the most useless accreditation ever...my son attended these schools all along...no better or sometimes worse than your average school. No one has the time to even return phone calls.

Turtle Rock Private Kindergarten 4

Posted July 03, 2011
Overall, I have been very happy with this school. I'm not a fan of the director as she doesn't seem open to suggestions. However, the best parts of the school are the fantastic, experienced teachers and the weekly curriculum for the students. They kids are learning about so many things but in a very fun way.

Turtle Rock Private Kindergarten 5

Posted January 11, 2009
I am so happy with this school. Many of the teachers have been there more than 20 years. They keep upgrading and adding new things to the facility. Even though their is a long waiting list it is well worth the wait. I know my children will be well prepared for first grade when they complete their years at this school.

Posted January 11, 2009
What a great school. The teachers are very warm and kind to the children. The facility itself is very bright and they keep doing upgrades and improvements to make it even better. Some teachers have been there over 20 years. The children love the school and I looked at a lot of preschools and even though the school is in demand with a waiting list it is worth the wait.

Posted March 24, 2008
We are into our second year at TRP and have been very happy. My daugher has thrived there. The teachers are wonderful and the parent community is great. The children seem truly happy and are having fun. The teachers have been there for a very long time and have a great rapport with the children. It's a play-based curriculum and they get into more pre-K stuff with the older children. The kids are all kind to one another and treat each other with respect. I believe the socialization aspect of this preschool is a big success. Good luck in your search. TRP parent

Turtle Rock Private Kindergarten 5

Posted March 07, 2006
My daughter goes to this school since last year. When we visited there at first time, the director was very kind to us. She said 'We think that it is very important for preschooler to play with their friends.' I think so because 3 year-kids cannot speak well, cannot express thierself well. They learn patience and tolerance and speaking through playing with their friends. I love this school!

1 Concordia, Irvine, CA  92612
Last modified Turtle Rock Private Kindergarten is a Private school that serves grade K