Irvine, CA
Students enrolled: 1,171

Posted June 09, 2015
A great school take three elements - student, school staffs and parents. Lacking one component will not make you find good school for any child. OH has great teachers, very helpful admin staff, and great leadership. I really feel that they work as team to help students to be better each day. It is sad that principal is leaving for better position, but TUSD will find a even better one for this community. My child had a great year in middle school and this is the best year in 7 years school life (k to 6th). The curriculum for Math, language art, science is very challenging which keep up with new common core standards. There are so many elective courses to choose from, NEST for middle school expose them to new things. Students given a lots of opportunities to find their elements at Orchard Hills. Students here are very friendly and positive, more focus on academic and their future. I cannot say toooo many good things about Orchard Hills...

Posted May 16, 2015
This has been a terrible year for my child. Recently, my child has been physically bullied at this school. My child, immediately went to the front office and wrote out an incident report on what had happened. I was relieved that my child went to the office and reported. My child told me that the administration was sorry for what had happened and would deal with the issue immediately. As a parent, I even emailed about the situation making sure it would be taken into consideration. For about a week, I still hadn't gotten a reply back from the school. But now, it has been 3 months since the incident, and the school has taken no action. They didn't call my child to the office to talk what had happened nor had they talked to the bully. I recommend any parent considering taking their child here, not to. It is not worth to enroll your child in a school that does not care about their students' troubles.

Posted April 01, 2015
this school is such a terrible enviornment for my childerent. my childeren is feeling mad becuase about how the teachers are inexperienced and how my childeren has to go on the web to find out what they are learning about. a normal teacher would help to make sure that the students are learning. overall, the technology is great but te learning envionrment is not

Posted March 30, 2015
orchard hills had just proved their selves to not deserve to be standing. I feel like they had been unfair to my children. The administration does not care for the student's well being. Instead, they focus on their self image.

Posted March 28, 2015
The school is focused more on its reputation rather than its students. It favors PTO parents and students rather than the regular ones. The whole administration looks down on you and don't treat you well unless you are in the PTO. The whole school looks and seems amazing, but once you enter, you will find corruption everywhere.

Posted December 26, 2014
My kids have been to this school for a few years and what is most obvious is the lack of smiles at the school. This school is great for breeding robots. The school itself is arrogant, condascending, and rude. They do not care about the kids at all. The school cares about being in charge, telling people what to do and being right about everything whether its in the childs best interest or not. In hindsight, going to this school was a bad choice. if you want a happy, balanced, well educated student this is not the school for you.

Posted September 11, 2014
We are very proud of our kids middle school. The entire orchard hills school community is amazing. The school has strong leadership from a hands-on and dynamic principal, wonderful administrative staff and counselor and extremely dedicated teachers. I have several students at the school all with different interests and abilities and the school strives to help them thrive and find their individual element for success and personal growth and satisfaction.

Orchard Hills School 2

Posted August 31, 2014
Our experience at this school was a complete disappointment. We met with the principal prior to coming to the school & he was an excellent salesperson on the benefits of the school & why our daughter should attend. At the end of 3 years we found out that 1) the principal is an excellent salesperson, 2) the common core changes to math in California in 2013 dramatically affected 8th grade in 2013, allowing the schools to create their own methodology of teaching for common core, & left many kids w/the additional requirement of a supplemental math class for 9th grade in high school. At the end of 3 years at Orchard Hills, I was happy with the innocence of the social environment but greatly disappointed in the academics - specifically for a student that was an A/B student in 6th and 7th grade and worked hard for her grades in 8th grade and, at the end of 8th grade, left the school feeling "stupid" and "not able to measure up" while she was there. Although the principal stated "as long as I'm here, your son has a spot here", I would never consider this a place to send my second child. As the saying goes, "once bitten, twice shy." This is a truly a case of buyer beware.

Orchard Hills School 3

Posted December 09, 2013
the school is okay....decent. Even though its new, you don't learn anything. The traffic really sucks, too.

Posted January 29, 2013
I love this school because of all the super-nice and amazing teachers and staff. This is where everyone can or does achieve their personal best! The best part about this school is that there are people there to encourage you to do things that are part of you or tells you to try it. :)

Orchard Hills School
11555 Culver Drive, Irvine, CA  92602
(714) 430-2078
Last modified Orchard Hills School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Hills School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top