Posted September 30, 2014
The principal would not acknowledge individual accomplishments by students. They got rid of academic awards, student council, and any recognition at the Talent Show. Poor behavior was minimized. It was an, "everyone gets a trophy" approach that feeds the lowest common denominator! Eliminating opportunities for kids to strive for better and compete doesn't serve anyone!

Brywood Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2014
I can't believe people are going to rate an entire school,on one office person. If you have a problem with a staff member contact the principal. The point of a review is to let caring parents know how the school as a whole rates. I think the school is great. It's a public school with great teachers and a string PTA.

Brywood Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
Brywood is an excellent school the teachers are great. My granddaughter has attended Brywood for the past four years. She is in the special needs class. The teachers have worked very well with her and her needs. She is doing wonderful every year she does better. The you

Brywood Elementary School 5

Posted October 06, 2013
Parents, every school/teacher is different. Brywood is an excellent school. My son attended K, 1st and now is in 2nd grade here. He has had great teachers! When you read negative reviews remember that every school has grumpy parents too. As a parent, we must work with our kids to help them work towards their potential. Brywood is a wonderful school.

Brywood Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
Just wanted to second the a parents review that the front office lady is STRAIGHT RUDE and UNFRIENDLY. I am a single working mother. I pick up my son during my lunch. It is very hard to pick up kids when you cannot depend on teachers to release children on time and when your a few minutes late that the lady at the front is so SNOBBY that she give you a judgemental look. She is the first person to represent the school they should really take a look at her professionalism and how it affects the parents.

Posted June 24, 2013
If you are looking for Kindergarten teachers who don't care about your child or his/her needs, then this is the school for you. One of the Kinder teachers really needs to retire and the kids say she is mean - she never smiles and doesn't want to be inconvenienced with any communication or needs you or your child may have. The other Kinder teacher is a minimal effort kind of person, uncompassionate, disorganized, poor with her communication, and very mistake prone. My neighbors warned us about the Kinder teachers and told us to go to another school for Kinder and then transfer there for 1st grade. We should have listened to them. The Principal is leaving so you won't have to deal with her. She supported the teachers in whatever they wanted to do, even when it was totally inappropriate or not in the best interest of the child. One of my neighbors said it well of the Principal, "she doesn't manage her staff, they manage her". We are disappointed that this is what we got for the solid reputation of an "Irvine school".

Posted February 10, 2013
This is my second child that has started school at brywood, and I must say it is just as bad this time around. My son hates going to school and cry's everytime. The kindergarten teacher that both my kids have and had needs to find a different kind of occupation. Very unhappy with the pick up the parking the times. Went for the first time to eat lunch with my child and to do so u have to sign child out. Can not eat lunch on campus. I cant wait to move schools.

Brywood Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
I am very disappointed. The front office lady is very grumpy and never smiles. The school also asks for money to much.

Brywood Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2012
I have 2 daughters attending Brywood and they both love their teachers and the school. They look forward to going to school everyday and come home happy. I have attended many events orgnized by the school and PTA, it's clear the great level of effort paid by the teachers, principle and the parents. The teachers work hard to accomodate different level of learning and very supportive. The principle is capable, professional and enthusiastic. The facility is a bit old, but it's the people make the feel of welcoming and beautiful.

Brywood Elementary School 3

Posted July 01, 2012
I can't believe this school is rated a 9! Our son was in kindergarten this past year, and it was a horrible experience. I am sad to say that many other parents had similar experiences as we spoke while waiting to pick up children. The teachers are downright unfriendly, and the negative tone is set from the first day, when children are corralled into a room to wait with aids while the parents have their 'back to school night' in the morning. Not even a greeting for these young children! My child cried about having to go to school... which just shouldn't happen in kindergarten. Parents were not allowed to be involved in the class until February, and then it was only to be stuck in a back room away from kids. I felt very uninvolved in my young child's education and was extremely disappointed. The only positive was that my son did seem to learn a lot. We were unimpressed with the principal and the office staff. We are actually looking to move before our younger children enter kindergarten just so they will have the opportunity to start their school experience on the right foot. I've heard the teachers in first grade are better... I can't imagine it could be much worse.

Brywood Elementary School
1 Westwood, Irvine, CA  92620
Last modified Brywood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brywood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top