Posted May 15, 2014
This school used to be so wonderful. The previous principal was amazing with my children. He was so caring and understanding. The principal who came two years ago is the complete opposite. I don't know why she feels it necessary to target some students and do everything in her power to belittle and demean them. I believe she wants those students out of the school. She has done this to one of my children. It seems that she is only focused on test scores. She seems to also micromanage everything. She won't let the kids run when they are outside, and she makes them kneel on the ground when the bell rings. Who hired this person??? The other issue is the front office staff. They are extremely rude and argumentative. It's ridiculous. On a completely different note, the teachers are fabulous. I really appreciate their communication, passion for teaching, and compassion for the students. The teachers are great, but the principal needs to go.

Posted May 08, 2014
In addition to regular/mainstream classes, this school has specialized classes for students learning english. They do not have classes for Mandarin immersion, nor do they teach foreign languages.

College Park Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2014
Wonderful teachers. Front desk staff can definitely use some training for respectful interaction with parents and being helpful.

College Park Elementary School 5

Posted January 08, 2014
I am in the 6th grade at this school. All the teachers are great, but the school's new principal who came 2 years ago basically changed everything the school offered. In awards we got pencils instead of little dog tags with the award name on it. On birthdays, we got more pencils. She even stopped people from bringing in treats for birthdays. If we did something wrong but little, we would have to have a full length conversation with her, not getting benched, recess detention outside. Otherwise this school is excellent. The curriculum is just right, the supervisors are sometimes alright, the homework isn't too much, the works of a great school. How should I know? I've been going there since kindergarten

Posted December 13, 2013
This school is great and my son is loving the Mandarin immersion program. My only complaint is the horrible front office staff. They have messed up nearly every interaction I have ever had with them and seem fairly unhelpful in general.

Posted June 06, 2011
This school is AMAZING. The teachers are friendly and creative. Too bad the secretaries are so mean. "Fake nice" doesn't count as helpful, welcoming, or friendly.

College Park Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2010
We have many great schools in Irvine. We are blessed!! College Park is a wonderful school. Teachers are devoted and they really care. The staff are nice and helpful. It is a friendly school! The principal is a man of great character. There is no perfect school if one expects the school to do all the right thing and somehow generate great students. Education starts at home and parents need to get involved . Support your children and your teachers. The great school is where you are!

College Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2010
The teachers are great. Don't like the principal. If you disagree with the principal, you can be assured you won't get the support you needed or be treated fairly . I took my child to another school.

College Park Elementary School 5

Posted December 14, 2009

College Park Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
It has the most caring and devoted teachers!

College Park Elementary School
3700 Chaparral Avenue, Irvine, CA  92606
Last modified College Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top