School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

How unfortunate that one person uses this venue to bash a teacher who is one of the best on the staff. This site is supposed to be place where honest reviews are submitted, not personal vendettas. Perhaps some self-reflection is in order - there are always two sides to every situation.
March 22, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Our child is just wrapping up 2nd grade, and has been at Eastshore since Kindergarten. We have had a great experience. Responsive administration, great support, and great PTA. Special "shout out" to our 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Claybourn. Patient, dedicated, and progressive. She works diligently with her students to get to know them as individuals and understands how to engage them and spark a light for learning. Well done!

This has been a great school for my daughters. We have found the school to be organized the teachers to be caring and the parents to be involved. I will say you get out of it what you put into it so show some interest and support the school and you and your family will be well rewarded. Go Eastshore.

It is a horrible school. Both my children have attended this school. Teachers do not know how to deal with the children and to teach them effectively. Teachers choose favorites and altogether horrible. Not one teacher did we find kind loving and easy to work with.

I think we have such an awesome neighborhood school. Even before we came to this school we heard from parents with older children that we could expect great things. I am so happy to be very involved with both the PTA and helping in my children's classrooms. I wish that more parent could get involved as well. We have a fantastic & fun PTA group but I would like to see it expand because I know there are a ton of awesome parents.

Eastshore is an excellent school! The staff is incredibly dedicated and forward thinking. The leadership is phenomenal. Teachers go above and beyond for all children, not just for excelled or struggling children. We have a very strong PTA, and all parents are welcome to be an active part of their children's school life.

32 kids - 1 teacher :( teachers can't effective teach each child. For my son 2 of 3 teachers, since attending Eastshore, seem uninterested in the kids or overwhelmed. My daughter is 2 for 2 on getting a good teacher. In general I am not impressed with the education. So much depends on the teacher and the system has no way of removing or fixing bad teachers.

My son started Eastshore this week. Everything I heard about this school is true. I am very impressed that his teacher knows the names of all the kids (except one set of identical twins) at the end of the 1st day! The Kindergarten team works well together and seems to have a great curriculum laid out.

My child went to school here for kindergarten. Since he has some learning challenges the GE teacher frequently sent him out of class and asked him to sit in the back so it was easy to kick him out. (think - back of the bus) This teacher and the principal who supported her actions are still working there (although the school district had forbidden her to speak at our IEP meetings since she was setting them up for lawsuits). We moved to get away from this school.

This school is just average and we are glad that our child graduated from here and we no longer have to deal with the principal and her new found obsession with "school safety". We have three children who have gone through the Irvine schools and the focus should be on education and development, Eastshore seems to miss this point. This school has become a place where children are taught that the outside world (in Irvine of all places) is something to be feared. Parents are not allowed on campus but anyone just walking through is. School should focus on TEACHING. Even though parents are not welcome on campus, their money is. Waste of our child's time and our money.

My child only went to this school for one year but believe me that was enough! The teacher was not very understanding toward my child and made obvious attempts to make him feel badly about himself. The teacher and principal used only punitive means to deal with my child without ever suggesting anything positive. I tried to work with them but it seemed they were not interested in working with me. The parents were also the unfriendliest bunch I have ever encountered in an Irvine school. We moved the following year to another Irvine school with wonderful teachers and much friendlier parents!

Last modified Eastshore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.