Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 11, 2015
After I get more information about this question, I would like to write who I want to say "thanks" to.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted September 11, 2015
Current Principal is unqualified. Changing a more qualified principal drives school and teachers more effective.

Posted September 11, 2015
Alan Battenfield is an unqualified Principal. His behavior is against his school's integrity and respect. His school slogan, “Everybody is Somebody." is according to his own behavior. " is truly the basis for all actions taken and decisions made." is confusing.

Posted June 14, 2015
Woodbury elementary has been a loving home to me ever since it changed from El Camino. I graduated Woodbury in 2014 and I am currently in 7th grade at Jeffery Trail Middle School. I have gone to Woodbury Elementary for 7 years and I have experienced what it feels like to be a student there. The staff was amazing, kind, loving, and helpful. If you had a bad day you always new you could walk up to a teacher and talk to them about it. Educational speaking I felt that it could always could use work but the teachers always got us ready for the year ahead. The teaching staff taught information from the textbook and through fun activities. Everyday teachers would come in with a smile on the their face, ready to teach and the students ready to learn. The social aspect of Woodbury were good. All of the students learned how to handle social situations correctly and efficiently. Although there were and still are some bullies the Woodbury staff are working diligently to stamp it out. When I was in school I had two principals. Our first principal set a high standard and was always helpful to the students and parents. The new principal was kind and knew how to have fun. Even though he knew how to have fun, he handled situations that needed to be dealt with seriously. The after school clubs although not many were very fun. The musical happened every year and was always fantastic and our science teacher had an after school program every trimester. Overall Woodbury is a fantastic school and I recommend it to any parents looking for an all round school social and educationally.

Posted June 10, 2015
Woodbury Elementary School has a very incompetent principal who said he has over 30 years of experience dealing with children's education. In my opinion, his 30 years experience has no practical applications whatsoever. The principal is incompetent, ineffective, incapacitated and incapable of carrying out his duties as an adminstrator. The previous principal, who got fired IN 2013 because the many different parent cliques had jerked her around and made her ineffective and incompetent to L.E.A.D. on. The Irvine School District has a zero tolerance policy on bullying. And Woodbury Elementary School is the reverse of that zero tolerance policy. The teachers and administrators would look the other way while the kids that get bullied are frustrated and felt betrayed. You can see in the kids' eyes the simmering emotions that bullies can get away with it while the principal and teachers said "let the kids learn how to resolve it themselves". Seriously? Unreal!!! Another fact is teachers don't teach. Most of the grading and teaching come from the volunteer school moms and the kids' classmates. SO YOUR CHILDREN ARE BEING TAUGHT THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME BY VOLUNTEER SCHOOL MOMS.

Posted June 20, 2014
Woodbury is an amazing school. They teach you everything you need to. The teachers are awesome. This school is very talented they have musicals, talents shows, and many more things. No one ever gets bullied at this school. Like I said before this school is amazing.

Woodbury Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2014
Been with Woodbury for more than 4 years.... Teachers are extreme... there are GREAT and there are teachers who just don't give their all and it results to a year of waste for our precious children. I registered with greatschools just to post this: WOODBURY needs to control the PARENTS... Too much parents in the school grounds. There needs to be a boundary for parents. Encourage drive-up, pick-up and drop-off.. DISCOURAGE walk-to-the-room drop off. It's just TOO MUCH! Our children needs to be independent. We left Woodbury. We miss our special teachers and a few true friends. That's it.

Posted March 06, 2014
THE SCHOOL NEEDS REFORM NOW! You have teachers that don't motivate kids to think. The school has mediocre teachers that the district couldn't get rid of. The academic faculty culture needs to change and the only way to break that culture is to change the staff. The previous principal couldn't manage to change the school so she left. My kid went to school there for 2 years. I've complained to the principal but she didn't do anything.

Posted December 15, 2013
We moved across town -- from a highly-ranked school with higher API scores - because we felt that Woodbury's value system, energy, adoption of Common Core standards and academic focus were the right blend for our child. My husband and I both attended IUSD. One of the main upsides of this district is that children emerge with the ability to think critically about information, exercise judgment, and collaborate with others. As senior managers in both our professions, we know that THESE are the skills that kids need -- not the ability to memorize and take standardized tests. Woodbury seems to develop the whole child, academically and socially, and the teachers that I've seen are happy to part of such an engaged community. For the parents that are unhappy with their child's experience...volunteer, speak your mind, get involved. The staff seem open to ideas and feedback -- including the new teachers that seem to be getting a lot of criticism on this board. All great teachers were at one time new...there's not a single teacher I've encountered at Woodbury that isn't doing their best to educate our kids.

Posted December 06, 2013
Teachers in this school are either close to retirement or fresh out of school. Either way, they don't seem to care much about their students. There are barely any writing homework. I wonder if the teachers even knows how to correct the grammar, because they don't catch grammar mistakes on the corrected works.. My kids are losing their writing skills after they came to Woodbury. The fact that they cannot even be recognized as CA distinguished school tells a lot. The focus is definitely not academics. I am quite disappointed with the new principal who is very showy and has no substance.

125 Great Lawn, Irvine, CA  92620-3832
Last modified Woodbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodbury Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top