Greentree Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2014
I have one kid who has been through K and 1st at Greentree. I have had nothing but a good experience there. All teachers (including the subs) I have come across have been really nice! It's a small school nestled in Greentree community. Since it is small there is no real auditorium and no cafeteria. Children need to sit outside on benches to eat lunch. That's my only real complaint but it hasn't made the experience any less desirable. Based on what I have seen there is a lot of parent involvement. The school also has two "Family Movie Nights" on the blacktop and an end of the school year carnival.

Greentree Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2014
One teacher in the 6th grade who was there for two years should not be teaching. Her e-mails and speech indicate a poorly educated person. She can t spell, or won t spell check. Her mannerisms are that of an insecure and vindictive woman. I feel sad writing this, but I feel that I need to warn the parents at any school that she may go to next at Greentree where she was transferred. My child had her as a teacher at Eastshore Elementary in Irvine, California. My children have had about 60 teachers between them. Thankfully, only two have been substandard. She demeaned my child in front of the class, and mocked other children on a daily basis. Several children needed remedial help the following year after having had her as a teacher. The principal did little to address the primary issue of incompetence on the part of this teacher. She tried to turn the situation around on each parent who took the time to meet with her regarding this very sad and stressful matter. She would mention things like You re the only one . Once the teacher had a meeting with us, she became retaliatory, telling other students to stay away from my child and that my child was a bad kid.

Posted November 01, 2009
Greentree offers a family friendly atmosphere where students respect the staff and each other. The parents are supportive partners in helping children to excel academically.

Posted October 26, 2009
I love the teachers, the curriculum and most importantly, our wonderful new principal.

Posted October 25, 2009
The way the entire staff goes above and beyond for each child to make sure he/she is successful.

Posted October 23, 2009
I personally attended grades K - 6 at Greentree and my son is currently a first grader. Great teacher, great community and the PTA steps up when the government doesn't.

Posted October 23, 2009
Greentree is a wonderful neighborhood school where all the kids can walk together. The school has fabulous teachers and great support from the parents.

Posted October 23, 2009
The enviroment of this school is incomparable to any other schools. Parent involvement has been a huge part of Greentree's success in maintaining high educational standards and a wonderful safe environment.

Posted October 23, 2009
The teachers, and PTA are very involved and promote a positive working experience for all.

Posted October 23, 2009
I love Greentree because the school has a great staff and teachers. They know how to teacher all types of students.

Greentree Elementary School
4200 Manzanita, Irvine, CA  92604
Last modified Greentree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greentree Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top