Sierra Vista Middle School 3

Posted September 11, 2014
This school has good teachers overall except the math dept. Principal pretends that she cares about students only so she will not get complained to the district. Parents have complained about certain incompetent math teachers but administration just takes teacher's side, will even resort to insinuating that parents are stupid when the parents have doctors' degrees from top/Ivy League schools in areas of science/math. Great parent involvement and good music programs. Don't come here if you're looking for good science/math programs.

Posted December 13, 2013
Principal at this school is disinterested, lazy, dishonest, decietful, incompetent. Teachers are terriffic but the administration is very poor.

Sierra Vista Middle School 2

Posted May 25, 2013
This school must be avoided since the principal doesn't care about the students and how teachers taught. I have friends who's parents complained to the school, but the staff didn't take action. This shows how irresponsible the school is. Although their music program is good, the others are horrible. For parents who wants to enroll in a middle school and live in the northwood area, don't enroll in this middle school.

Sierra Vista Middle School 4

Posted May 05, 2013
After having my child attend Sierra Vista for the past 2 years, I can say that it was overall a good experience. The curriculum is challenging and varied. Most of the teachers are very good. There were 2 that I would say need to be replaced or retrained. The vice principal is strict but fair, and coming from a high school, he prepares the kids for what's to come and what is tolerated. The school was a bit crowded, but they managed to keep things organized and even the parking wasn't too crazy. In 2013-2014, the number of students will be cut in half to 650 with Jeffrey Trail MS opening. The only thing I would recommend is that the teachers educate themselves more about Irvine High's requirements and courses, as most SV teachers seem to know all about Northwood and very little about Irvine, and there are SV students that will go to Irvine. If your child will attend Sierra Vista, they will be at a very good school.

Posted December 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Middle School is the worst middle school in the world. It's teaching ways is sucish and is always to crowded. Do not go to this school. it is worth ZERO stars.

Sierra Vista Middle School 3

Posted March 11, 2012
I have had a pretty good experience at the school. They have a lot of programs that keep us students active throughout the year. The teachers are great(with a few exceptions). There isn't too much work but there isn't too little either.Also, the vice principal is great! He's a lot more hands on than the principal, who you barely ever see. Now for the complaints. It is VERY crowded. Dressing out for PE is a nightmare, there's barely any room. Even though the school has two lunch areas, some students eat in classrooms or even sit on the ground. And don't even get me started on the lunch line. You have to run if you don't want a 15 minute wait and only 10-15 minutes to eat. Aside from crowding, you've got to be pretty social if you're new in 8th grade, or expect a lonely year. I was that person for the first. Sitting alone at lunch can be depressing. And finally, I feel that some classes don't get the same level of education as others. I happen to be in some of the more "lucky" classes, except for PE, which all of the teachers have a COMPLETELY different program, which isn't fair to some. That's about it. A good school, but as you can see, some problems that should be addressed.

Posted March 04, 2012
I have had the worst experience at Sierra vista a middle school. I have attended six schools and this is by far the worst.I hate the teaching styles and am miserable with all of my mean classmates. There is so much bullying at this school and have never seen so much over crowding. This is the only school I have been to and not been able to get a good education. If I could I would give this school zero stars. Please save your children and yourself the misery and do not send them to Sierra vista middle school.

Posted October 13, 2011
I will be coming to the school in January. My parents told me a lot of great things about this school. I am going to be finishing the 8th grade at this school and i'm very excited and i'm looking forward to it.

Posted October 08, 2011
SIERAA VISTA IS A GREAT SCHOOL! Great teachers, plus a friendly environment to learn and make new friends..

Posted October 08, 2011
Sierra Vista is a fantastic school that has helped my son very much. My only disappointment is that this school is too crowded but other than that, Sierra Vista is the best Junior High School in Irvine

Sierra Vista Middle School
2 Liberty, Irvine, CA  92620
Last modified Sierra Vista Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Vista Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top