Irvine, CA

Posted October 23, 2014
This is our first year at Springbrook and the Kindergarten experience thus far has been really wonderful. My son adores his teacher, Ms. Lenz! She has a heart of gold and always has the best interest of the children at hand. She has thus far provided a wonderful environment and really knows how to teach children. We look forward to continuing our great experience at Springbrook. If Ms. Lenz is the sample for what all the teachers at Springbrook are, then we will have an awesome experience here.

Posted August 31, 2014
I have read a lot of negative reviews regarding the current principal. The old principal was a wimp and the parents ran over him. There is a no dog policy yet everyone used to bring their dogs and walk by him. I like the new principal, she is a professional. Maybe those that don't like her don't like the fact they can't run over her and run the school. My first child started there in 2001(graduated from WHS this year with over a 4.0) and my last child is starting second grade. The teachers are for the most part great and my children have gotten a good education at this school.

Posted October 27, 2013
I am happy to say we have had a different experience. Our son has a mild form of dyslexia and has been treated as the whole child in his class. he feels great about school and feels as accomplished as others in his class. This might be a function of his teacher but we are blessed to have her.

Springbrook Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2013
This school is not very good with developmentally challenged kids, or kids with learning disabilities. My child didn't get the proper treatment in the classroom and he was given wrong and humiliating ways of 'discipline' when what he really needed was a more appropriate solution for his own, personal needs. A change of school was my solution. My child is now loving his new school where I was contacted the very first week of the school year to work with him the classroom. What a difference! Springbrook elementary might be an 'ok' school for typical kids, but not for learning disabilities/special needs kids. They don't seem to have the motivation to help them. I just didn't see anybody who cared. By the way, the person who said that a child left school alone and was nowhere to be found, is saying the true. He was a kindergartner, and I was there when teachers, principal, and his dad were looking for him. He was a special n child and it happened at pickup time, on a regular school day. My 2 stars go for the amazing parent involvement in volunteering, without them, this school would be worse. This is my own, personal experience with the school but I hope it's better for others.

Springbrook Elementary School 3

Posted October 05, 2013
Springbrook has great teachers and staff but the Principal is a Type A personality. She tries to be nice, but it is very obvious that she is being fake. She does not take parents views or opinions into consideration. She may be nicer to parents that have high achieving children but she sure as heck has not been nice to the struggling kiddos. My child has been with the school as a struggling student for quite sometime now and Dr. Keeley's attitude has been very negative towards us. I don't know whether she is concerned about school rankings, test scores or just doesn't want to deal with academically weak children. Her attitude keeps me from volunteering as it becomes very uncomfortable to be around such a Type A personality.

Posted August 05, 2013
The previous post is right on -- this school has a lot of heart. In my experience the teachers have been great and the parents are caring and involved in the school at a healthy level. The post about the kindergartener who was "nowhere to be found" just isn't true. Parents and teachers alike were running after the child during an event which he chose to leave on his own accord. That's not the school's fault. And I don't understand the parent who gave the school a negative rating because they don't like the after-school program which has absolutely no affiliation with the school (other than being on school grounds). My child goes to the after-school child development center and loves it. This is a great school, and the negativity seems to come from those who have some seriously unrealistic expectations, particularly during a time when school funding was at an all-time low in the state. We are lucky to have our children attend such an outstanding school.

Posted August 01, 2013
Last year was our first year at Springbrook and I have never seen my son so happy to go to school every day. The environment at this school is extremely nurturing from top to bottom. The class work is challenging, the students are engaged and the parents I have met are involved and caring. This campus is old and could use some physical updating. There are newer and prettier schools in Irvine, but this one has a lot of heart.

Springbrook Elementary School 1

Posted July 14, 2013
This school needs to work a lot on all levels, from the Principal to the teachers, and everything in between. Our kids go there to learn, to be treated with respect, to learn with positive reinforcement, and to be safe. Instead, some of the teachers use outdated techniques, old ways to teach kids, from discipline to academics, and so on. They might have the best intentions to do the best job they can, but they sure need a little update on new ways, and positive methods to educate and discipline kids. What shocked me the most was to learn that supposedly a kindergarten student left school alone and was nowhere to be found. I then heard he had gone home alone (((((chills)))) I hope they work on these situations because frankly, I am concern on how next school year will be.

Posted April 17, 2013
I joined a school tour just today because we are new to the area and I am trying to get a feel for the schools before choosing what area to live in. I have read the previous comments on Springbrook includng those about the principal. Well, perhaps other people have had different experiences but I found her warm, humourous, knowledgeable and clearly passionate about education. Yes, she may like to be called "Doctor" - but then so would I if I had put all that effort into gaining my PhD! It looks like a fabulous school, the front office staff were smiley and welcoming, and this is definitely on my short list of "places to find a house"!

Posted March 31, 2013
I had a spontaneous meeting with the principal last Friday after awards assembly. It was my first time talking to Dr. Keeley. She was approachable, gave me the time and felt like she listened to me. I am glad I approached her and she does care for her students!! I enjoy interacting with the teachers and staff too. They are friendly yet professional! Over all the school has safe and positive atmosphere.

Springbrook Elementary School
655 Springbrook North, Irvine, CA  92614
Last modified Springbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springbrook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top