Bad
Good

My son is in first grade, and his experience to date at UP has been nothing but wonderful. He is thriving, reading, learning about the world (science, culture, history), developing a solid understanding of foundational math, and, most importantly, loving going to school every single day. His kinder and 1st teachers have both been high-quality, experienced educators, with an obvious passion for students. The culture is diverse, in many ways, providing the students with a rare perspective of the world. UP is a fantastic neighborhood school with an active PTA, involved and down to earth families, and the top notch Irvine education we all expect.

I have two kids in this school, and they both love it. The teachers are caring, and very competent. The student population is diverse. The principal has a can-do spirit and is highly visible throughout the school. The school worked with us to challenge our daughter more academically.

Both our children attended the ESL class (4th and 6th graders) from Jan to mid March 2014 and it has been a very positive experience to both our kids and us parents. Even though we were there for only a short period of time, we had the best treatment by teachers and staff. It was amazing how Ms. Sato managed to take care of a large multicultural class, keep the discipline, overview, and appreciative tone. Our children learned a lot, made good friends, made good memories such as the school party, the concert, pyjamas day, punch card system, handball and manymore. Even better; we all got the best with us back home: An overwhelmingly good impression of the American school system, which we think that Denmark can learn a lot from. The children miss UP and if we ever come back to Irvine again, UP would be our first choice. The Ryd n family from Denmark

The new principal, Christine Amoroso, is awesome! She is turning this school around. The school also has a new PTA. The PTA and the school staff are working closely together to make this school a top school! The teachers are awesome! It's my child's 3rd year at this school and she loves it! Her teachers are well trained and great at what they do.

U.P has gone progressively down in performance over the last few years. This year, thanks to its unapproachable and incompetent principal, it finally placed itself under the title of Needs Improvement by No Child Left Behind Act.Parents are totally ignored and no support is given to students.

they are rewally working very hsard for the sake of our children

they are really working hard for the sake of our children

This school is absolutely wonderful! I couldn t be happier! My son started Kindergarten in 2008. He is a special kid who is highly gifted but was shy and not socially mature enough compared with the other kids of the same age. His Kinder teacher was Mrs Goto s and she is very experienced and caring. To my most happiness, my son started to talk about his teacher and friends at home! I can see he was happy, cared about friendship, and was full of self-confidence. In his second year he was in Mrs Anderson s class. That was a very happy experience as well. Mrs Anderson is very professional and caring. My son s self-esteem is continuously building up and he is more active then ever. Now we have to leave the school because we moved to another city. sometimes I still hears Mrs Anderson told me that . --Something beyond his grade level!

As a new parent to U.P. (1st & K-students) and head of the PTA, I truly LOVE this school. The passion of the teachers, the spirit of the students and the vision of the principal are truly contagious. Kara Rydman (principal) has done an AMAZING job in her first year bringing the school, the kids and teachers togther in a way that's inspiring, motivating and educational. She is one of the reasons this school runs so well - she's approachable, open minded, and fair, yet willing to make the tough calls. She is flexible, forward-thinking, and knows the students and their families very well. Perhaps the best part about this school is the diversity of its students and curriculum.

My child started last year in this school and I could not be any happier with the school and teachers, my child never attended any pre-schools before and she is doing so well that she is even a litle advanced as far as academic goes! The kindergarten teachers are wonderfull and I will be enrolling my boys(twins) for kindergarten in the fall. Love this school!

Last modified University Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.