Irvine, CA

Posted December 18, 2014
The 2014-2015 school year has brought 7 new teachers and a new principal and office clerk. It's been a fantastic change for the school. The principal is active, involved and inventive. My kids have gone here since Kindergarten and I have a 6th grader who will be graduating this year. We had concerns about 2 teachers but they have since left or been moved to a more appropriate grade for their abilities. Otherwise every other teacher we have had has been amazing. The support staff is outstanding and the extra programs (talent show, school play, KROC, etc) are above and beyond other schools in the area. The PTA is full of dedicated parents who work hard to provide extra opportunities to the students.

Westpark Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
Teachers of the lower grades don't seem to think out of the box. They need to look from the child's point of view. Lot of favoritism.

Westpark Elementary School 3

Posted December 13, 2013
The two ladies in the front office are poor first impressions for this school. Biting and bitter come to mind to describe them.

Westpark Elementary School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
With two kiddos now in this school, I have nothing but positive comments. The teachers have been great, the front office and administrative staff are great. The PTA and its continual support of the school are impressive. There is a good support network, and as a parent I feel included and involved. Where I have had questions, someone (teacher, staff, PTA) has been able to answer me. The most important part? My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE their school.

Westpark Elementary School 5

Posted May 26, 2013
We had an awesome experience at Westpark. My daughter has a learning disorder and we were told that Westpark had a wonderful program by an educational therapist. We switched schools and we definitely made the right decision. My daughter loved her teachers and classmates. She learned the skill she needed to use to be successful.

Posted May 03, 2013
The experience that we had at Westpark was good for the most part. The teachers that my son had were very good. The office staff is extremely rude. The principal was rude to me several times. However, when I approached her with a problem my son was having with bullying, she did resolve it. The PTA is made up of very dedicated parents. Overall, it is a good school. I don't have any major complaints about the academics.

Posted May 05, 2012
As a past student here (I am in my second year of college now), grades 2-6, I have to say that this school did a very good job at preparing its students for middleschool. The teachers were wonderful and really did care about the wellfare of the students. However I have to agree with the other comments, the front staff is very rude and unwelcoming to when I come in to help out past teachers.

Posted March 18, 2012
Love the new Principal, she shows great leadership and very approachable to the parents. She has implemented new programs, which are very helpful to the students.

Westpark Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2010
I agree with previous reviewers who report that the principal is unapproachable and defensive. I also find that the special education program needs stronger leadership and more qualified/experienced teachers and therapists.

Westpark Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
My child has been at Westpark for 4 years now. I am extremely impressed with everything about Westpark. This school is top notch in everyway. The teachers are committed. The academic programs are rigorous, and the after school activities and programs are second to none. This is a year round school also which we really love. Students still get plenty of time off, but they avoid having that long 3 month brain drain that comes with traditional summer vacations. The other thing is that parents have to make a conscious decision to send their kids to Westpark. Consequently these are parents that are very concerned with and value education. Their kids aren't going to Westpark by default based on where they live (as with most schools.) It gives it kind of a 'private school' feel. it has very high expectations, yet it is nurturing and supportive too. Westpark is great.

Westpark Elementary School
25 San Carlo, Irvine, CA  92614
Last modified Westpark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westpark Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top