Bad
Good

There is one secretary in the front office who is rude, rude rude She is a very bad impression for the school. What happens to kids who need something? She is awful. She is my first and permanent impression of Westpark.

The 2014-2015 school year has brought 7 new teachers and a new principal and office clerk. It's been a fantastic change for the school. The principal is active, involved and inventive. My kids have gone here since Kindergarten and I have a 6th grader who will be graduating this year. We had concerns about 2 teachers but they have since left or been moved to a more appropriate grade for their abilities. Otherwise every other teacher we have had has been amazing. The support staff is outstanding and the extra programs (talent show, school play, KROC, etc) are above and beyond other schools in the area. The PTA is full of dedicated parents who work hard to provide extra opportunities to the students.

Teachers of the lower grades don't seem to think out of the box. They need to look from the child's point of view. Lot of favoritism.

With two kiddos now in this school, I have nothing but positive comments. The teachers have been great, the front office and administrative staff are great. The PTA and its continual support of the school are impressive. There is a good support network, and as a parent I feel included and involved. Where I have had questions, someone (teacher, staff, PTA) has been able to answer me. The most important part? My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE their school.

We had an awesome experience at Westpark. My daughter has a learning disorder and we were told that Westpark had a wonderful program by an educational therapist. We switched schools and we definitely made the right decision. My daughter loved her teachers and classmates. She learned the skill she needed to use to be successful.

The experience that we had at Westpark was good for the most part. The teachers that my son had were very good. The office staff is extremely rude. The principal was rude to me several times. However, when I approached her with a problem my son was having with bullying, she did resolve it. The PTA is made up of very dedicated parents. Overall, it is a good school. I don't have any major complaints about the academics.

As a past student here (I am in my second year of college now), grades 2-6, I have to say that this school did a very good job at preparing its students for middleschool. The teachers were wonderful and really did care about the wellfare of the students. However I have to agree with the other comments, the front staff is very rude and unwelcoming to when I come in to help out past teachers.

Love the new Principal, she shows great leadership and very approachable to the parents. She has implemented new programs, which are very helpful to the students.

I agree with the previous review that the principal is not approachable and very defensive. Kids of parents who volunteer or PTA members get the special treatment which is unfair. I have had really bad experiences the last couple of years and this year has been terrible. I hope this school gets investigated.

I agree with previous reviewers who report that the principal is unapproachable and defensive. I also find that the special education program needs stronger leadership and more qualified/experienced teachers and therapists.

Last modified Westpark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.