School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At LePort Schools, we work hard to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the children in our care, and take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori curriculum. Our individualized approach emphasizes guiding each child to reach his/her potential. Children go at their own pace and are respected for who they are as individuals. The classrooms are mixed aged (18 months to 3 years in toddler rooms; 3 to 6 years in primary rooms), creating a community where the older children have the opportunity to be leaders in a cooperative environment. By allowing children to choose what work interests them, we encourage self-motivated learning. Self-motivated learning, making their own choices, and teaching children to respect all members of the community are all part of our motto of offering children, knowledge for life. We facilitate excellence in academics, but also believe that all aspects of the child s development must be taken into consideration for true learning to occur. You will find our staff to be experienced and highly trained. Our toddler teachers have their Early Childhood Education diplomas and have completed (or are in the process of completing) their Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) diploma. Similarly, our Primary teachers hold a Bachelors degree and an Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) diploma. The AMI diploma is the most respected Montessori training in the world, carrying on Dr. Montessori s vision. Several of our staff have earned their Masters in Education, as well. Located in the Westpark neighborhood of Irvine, our campus boasts nine classrooms, a large outdoor play area for both our toddler and primary students, outdoor extensions to many of our classrooms, and a secure facility. We are excited to be having renovations at our facility this summer so that our classrooms will be even more spacious and beautiful. The best way to judge whether a school is a good fit for your family is to come in and see it for yourself. We welcome parents to tour, but we don t stop there. Parents are encouraged to observe in our classrooms during class time, before you enroll, and on an ongoing basis in our, Watch Me Work Wednesday program. Usually, when parents experience our classrooms in action, they comment on how happy, content, friendly and gracious the students are and how patient, gentle and nurturing are the teachers interacting with them.
April 15, 2013

LePort Montessori School - Irvine Woodbridge 1

Posted September 12, 2014
My mother was hired by le port schools as a teacher. They told her she would go to a few of the different campuses in Irvine and fountain Valley. My mom had 2 different jobs to chose from and she choose this school. Her first day on the job and they tell her to drive to San Diego. She told them she can not drive to San Diego. Her car will not get all the way over there plus its a 2 hr drive and she was not told she would have to go to San Diego in the interview. Just the surrounding jobs in the neighborhood. They found other places for her to work for a week but then started pushing san diego on her again. she let them know she can not go to san diego and so they fired her. They have another position open at one of the schools in Huntington beach and they told her she can not have that position because she does not speak Spanish. How discriminatory is that?! She tried to go get the other job that she gave up for le port but they already hired someone. Now my mom is jobless because of Le Ports inability to communicate the truth in the interview that she would have to drive to san diego. They took complete advantage of my mother. Please be careful where you put your children.

Posted August 04, 2014
My son Aarin,who is now 5 years old, attended Leport Montessori school since he was 2.5 years old. The excellent warmth and care which he got from the pre-primary teacher Ms Kwang and then the primary teacher Ms. Silva, helped him become very social who otherwise is a very reserved boy. Ms. Silva understands each child individually and tries her best to give all the support to him/her. She tries to impart good working habits and manners to her students. Her years of experience in Monterssori education is matched by her loving heart and diligence in her work. The curriculum of the Montessori program is well distributed for the all round development of the child. Aarin is now a very independent and social boy. Overall, Leport Montessori school teachers, school head and excellent supportive staff makes it number One choice for parents.

Posted July 06, 2013
My son attended the 3 year program. Wonderful staff and school that are very attentive to the children. Diane Silva is the best teacher. She worked with my son in his 3rd year and within months he was already reading, working on addition, subtraction, and some multiplication! She is also an amazing loving teacher! I definitely recommend this school and especially Ms. Diane Silva!

LePort Montessori School - Irvine Woodbridge 4

Posted June 26, 2013
A big Shout out to Ms. Dianna Silva at the Leport t Montessori in Irvine. We have seen an extraordinary positive change in my daughter s confidence level, overall academics including: vocabulary, math and writing. I recall you saying something to the effect of.. leave your daughter in my hands, I will take care of her and she will be fine I must say from the first day my daughter met you, I could see the change in her body language and as the school year progressed, your name became a positive household word She talked about you nonstop !!! When asked how was school today ? With a huge smile, her answer was: GREAT and why was it great? Her response was: because of Ms. Diana. We are very grateful for the time, attention and care you took with my daughter, I think you have a friend for life with her. I hope that the Principal at the Le Port Montessori and the senior leadership of school acknowledge and recognize what an asset you are to their organization, and hopefully allow you the latitude and give you the tools and resources to continue what you do best shaping the hearts and minds of our future our most valuable assets our KIDS!

Posted June 19, 2013
I am a parent of a 5yr old boy who got lucky coming across Ms. Diana at leport San Marino! She is absolutely phenomenon! Not only she teaches the Montessori lessons, she is making future leaders & self motivated individuals. She works with each kid accordingly & appropriately to their individual needs.My son started reading & doing addition & standing up for himself only after 2 months of Ms. Diana taking over his classroom. Before Ms. Diana he did not show any interest in other aspects of the learning curriculum, except painting that had alot of angry messeges witten all over it, which was unnoticed! He loves her & would not leave school B4 giving her a hug goodbye! If I could I would bring the moon at her feet! She is a kind of teacher you would want in your child's classroom & if you are lucky enough to have her then I think you would be set for the rest of his or her educational years! she lays a great foundation in her classroom and she is a caring, hard working, good hearted person! I strongly recommend her to any parent looking for a good quality teacher! We totally adore her in our household! She is our angle on earth!

Posted March 11, 2013
I have two boys that attend LePort San Marino. They've been attending over the last 4 years. My eldest started at the age of 2 in the Pre-Primary program and my youngest started at 18 months. Now my eldest is 5 and is finishing his 3rd year in Primary (preparing for lower elementary) and my youngest will continue just the same. I have watched my boys grow and develop into confident, considerate and bright young kids. I have no doubt that their education is above par, not only academically, but socially. All the credit goes to their fantastic teachers over the years. It just may be, that I love them as much as my boys do. They're teachers are always available for a quick chat and keeping an open line of communication between home and school. LePort San Marino gives me the assurance that my child is receiving the love, attention and care I would give them,

Posted March 07, 2013
As a LePort parent for the past 4+ years, I am amazed at how much all three of our children have learned at LePort San Marino. They are thriving in the environment academically and socially. Our kids have always had committed, attentive, and compassionate educators in their classrooms. I am extremely appreciative of all the teachers and administrative staff as they have made our family s first school experience a positive and enjoyable one! Our son started the toddler program in the fall, and I was worried how he would do without me there. The teacher took the time to ensure my son (as well as other new students) felt safe and comfortable in their new environment. He loves his teacher and even asks about her when he isn't at school! This is a nurturing and well-structured environment that has impacted my children in such a positive way. LePort has created a foundation for the desire and method for learning in a way that will prepare them for their futures, and I am so grateful.

Posted March 05, 2013
LePort San Marino is an excellent school. What makes the school so outstanding are the teachers. My son has flourished in his class. His teacher, Ms. Silva, has demonstrated superior teaching experience, both academically as well as socially. She really understands her students and helps them as much as she can. She has the perfect mixture of warmth and high standards when teaching. My son is happy to go to school every morning. Thanks to his teacher's leadership, he is confident in his abilities and eager to work hard to learn.

Posted March 05, 2013
My 5 year old son has been at LePort since he was 2. The values of Montessori are something that will last for a lifetime with my child. Yes, at LePort, he s learned a lot about reading, writing, social studies and arithmetic. But he s also learned strong social skills, how to be empathetic, and how to help other children who are younger than him, or who are struggling with a task. Many parents think Montessori is all about academics but I would challenge any parent to find a preschool program that fosters more kindness, caring and positive social skill than Montessori, and none in Orange County do it more skillfully and gracefully than Leport. One reason I recommend LePort is that I can tell that LePort adheres to the highest standards. Montessori isn t a licensed name, so many schools may call themselves Montessori, but aren t, really. At LePort, all the teachers are AMI trained, which is the toughest Montessori training. Most importantly, LePort hires people who really love teaching, for whom this is a chosen career, and not just job. I can really see how all the teachers at LePort enjoy observing the growth and change in their students.

Posted March 05, 2013
Having my daughter at LePort has been a fantastic experience! Over the course of the last four years, I am truly amazed by her rapid development. Her enthusiasm when she talks to me about her daily happenings in school warms my heart. She loves to sing new songs that she has learned and comes home motivated to practice her cursive writing skills. The teachers are authentic, patient, and understanding. They model grace and courtesy, an important life skill. LePort offers insightful parent education lectures that have helped me foster independence in my child. The administration staff is consistently pleasant and helpful. I couldn't be more pleased with the level of communication that LePort provides. I am very proud of my daughters accomplishments, thanks to LePort.

LePort Montessori School - Irvine Woodbridge
1 Technology Dr #H200, Irvine, CA  92618
Last modified LePort Montessori School - Irvine Woodbridge is a Private school that serves grades PK-K
LePort Montessori School - Irvine Woodbridge Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top