Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Camino Real Elementary School 3

Posted November 08, 2015
I would have to agree with a couple of parents ... I used to think this school was one of the best in the jurupa unified school district, how ever not anymore .. the principal is the one that makes that school seem like a nightmare to go to not only for the students but for the parents when they drop there children as well. I wouldn't consider her a principal tittle especially for an elementary school I would really hope that the staff from the district really looks into this and please help the students and parents there ... If you guys would see that this lady is no good for our children . There nothing but bad vibes when she's present. Please give us ,our children back someone respectful. school shouldn't be a nightmare , Mr.Campos was a very good example ,the parents as well as the students loved and respected him . Thank you so much , hope something gets done ..

Posted September 09, 2015
We moved to the city and my son is new to the school etc. I really didn't like how you can't walk your child in to class , due to him being new to the school and city with new people and only 6 years old he had the worst experience ever for about two weeks. He didn't have any friends and would hang out alone during recess . He would cry to me every morning and after school and we would constantly let he's teacher know about it too! She finally introduce him to a friend which wa since of her. But the principal there is terrible , she has a really bad attitude and she had told my husband that she checked on my son about 9 times thru out the day and when I picked my son up from school he said she didn't come in at all! So she lied there right off the bat! When I tried to walk my son in she asked me to go back out the gate and couldn't walk him in. To put my son thru that was the worst experience for not just myself but for him being at a new school I really wanted him to be excited and love it but it was not like that what so ever! He's been in school for about one month now and he still doesn't like it he says when he asks for help at the lunch cafeteria the HELPERS or AIDS there tell him he doesn't try???? Ummmm excuse me dear you are there to help not tell kids they don't try hard enough!!!!!! So that right there just put a cherry on top of eberyjting and district will hear from me ! Not a good vibe since day one ! I'm ready to move him out of there!

Posted April 16, 2015
I love this school this is the best school ever this school rocks forever camino real elementary school

Posted April 03, 2015
Pros: *My children want to be in school and love learning. *Teachers are just a phone call/email away. They take pride in their work. *Mrs. Winston, (principal) is very involved with students. few things i've seen: She often greets students by the entrance gate in the mornings. She dressed up in a grape costume to pass out stickers to promote healthy lifestyles. I often see her checking and locking gates. She works hard to keep our children safe and I really respect and appreciate all her efforts. *Camino's PTA is extremely active, second to none. Cons: * there aren't any programs for autistic/ special needs children *the walkways flood bad when it rains. *teacher/student ratio especially in Kinder is bad. About 25-30 kids per teacher. (no additional aides) *no shades/ limited trees in playgrounds *traffic is awful during pickup *very limited parking

Camino Real Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
This school once had integrity. After principal Campos left the respect of the school went as well. I would never recommended this school to my worst enemy. The staff, parents and principal are rude, disrespectful, and incompetent. My daughter attended their talent show for the last two years, and since we had to pick up her father from the airport at 11:30pm, they told her she would not be able to participate again next year. What a shame. Furthermore, the principal has issues with authority. If you show concern and then she tries to tear you down. Don't let her. Show your strength. Good luck

Posted March 31, 2014
After hearing how "great" Camino was, I had switched my son from Indian Hills for daycare reasons. I would love for him to be back at Indian Hills. I see no warmth and love coming from Camino and his drive for the love of school has quickly diminished. Either the school is not what it used to be, or people don't know any better. Sadly have another starting Kinder in the coming year, and am appalled by the comment below that they just usher in the kids. Indian Hills offered way more parent involvement the first day of Kindergarten, as well as a much more warm, loving, and encouraging environment throughout.

Posted February 13, 2014
A parent lier I disagree one thebteacher might get mad but only if they do somthing really bad ok your dauther is proabbly lieing am a 6th grader and I love camino we go lost field trips have fun actices ok WE EVEN CLASSROOM PETS! Well my teacher does the only thing I hate duh duh mrs. Cook -.- mean only allows led pencils btw am a student :D

Camino Real Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2013
I am discusted by my daughters 4th grade teacher this year. Supposively the best school in the district? Well i will pull my gate student out of your school. I will not allow a teacher to yell or demean my daughter and then roll there eyes at me and dismiss my concerns. Shame on this teacher and shame on this school. Totally discusted and completely dissapointed.

Camino Real Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
The school is great and I only know a few teachers. It would be even better if they Got a new principal. She is arrogant and stubborn and some of her rules Need to go. My daughter does not want to oh to this school anymore.

Posted September 16, 2013
My child just started Kindergarten here, while the teacher is fantastic the overall impression I have so far, is that the office staff and environment is cold and uninvitting. With havinh a kindergartner I was expecting the school to be open amd inviting trying to bring parents in however first day we had to drop our childrn off at a gate and they were ushered back, we were not even allowed to stand in the staff parking lot to see them walk in. What a scary and overwhelming experience for a child new to school, it was like walking through the gate of the unknown. Yes, I brought her tonthe orientations and she seen the classroom, but they really should have explained it would was going to be this way. Picking up is the same way stand across the yard while your child is dismissed to you. No ccausal conversations with the teachers allowed I guess. Have to send an email or phone call and wait for days for a reply. I know with past situations of unfortunate disasters in schools there is a need for increased safety but to be given the impression you are antinparents on campus is not very inviting. The office staff has not been very friendly either. So sad to see a school be like this.

Camino Real Elementary School
4655 Camino Real, Jurupa Valley, CA  92509-5419
Last modified Camino Real Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camino Real Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top