Bad
Good

Posted April 29, 2014
I like this school because the staff care. care about our kids education, if they are having problems. The staff in office though they are always doing their work will take the time to help you with your concerns to the best of their ability. When there is a school wide need for something the word goes out to everyone so those in need don't need to be ashamed. The teachers and Principal will email you with concerns and they will return emails. If your child is out due to illness they will email the work so they won't fall behind. They care!

Posted October 27, 2013
Ever since Ms. Bottoms has left the school, the atmosphere has changed for the best! The new principal is such a wonderful person - so nice and caring to everyone. I am so glad I did not take my kid out last year with that Bottoms woman who did nothing.

Posted March 16, 2013
I went to this school as a student for 7 years. It's a wonderful school and EVERYONE that works here is kind and caring towards the students. It was a pleasure to have attended this school.

Granite Hill Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2012
I would like to give this school a higher rating but when I took my granddaughter to register I was met by the most rude and unpleasant person I have ever come across, The school secretary basically told my granddaughter to shut up while she was asking me a question. After talking to other parents, I hear a petition is being passed around to get rid of this woman. Ms. Cobb is a bitter and hateful woman and has NO business being around young kids. I don't see how the other people can stand being around her! My granddaughter loves her teacher but she refuses to go to the office unless I am there. That is just sad!

Granite Hill Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
The principal here (Mrs. Bottoms) should NOT be around children! I have seen her demean special ed children, shows favoritism, quite aloof in caring about the school and the children. The staff is OK but seem intimidated by Mrs Bottoms!

Posted April 21, 2010
The staff and educators at Granite hill are above anything I've seen before. They take a deep interest in the academic excellence of tehir students. Thanks Granite Hill for all you do.

Posted October 14, 2009
Excellent school over the years and I have three children attend since the first year it opened.

Granite Hill Elementary School

Posted September 25, 2009
Based on the results my kids obtained during the last 4 years on the STAR Tests I 'm so glad they attend this school. Every time I had any kind of concern there's somebody to solve it or to help me. Thank's to all the teachers, the staff and the Principal. Keep it that way.

Granite Hill Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2006
I am writing about the quality of academic programs. I was shocked to see my grandson's report card. His papers he brings home have mostly A's, some B's. He has never received a D or an F on his homework or paperwork that he's brought home. His report card shows him as a C and D student. I discovered that this is based on how he tests. In my day, the teacher knew when a child tested poorly and had the ability to do the work that 'Extra time' needed to spent with that student to work out his or her kink re: testing. This is no longer a practise and I believe it to be a priority in the learning process... If teachers aids are needed to allow time for this, I say let's get parent and grandparents life myself to help out. I am willing to do so.

Posted January 26, 2004
This school has some of the best Elementary teachers you can find. They challenge their students in ways I never thought possible and they get the parents involved in their studies. My only complaint is that the school has some security issues. Too many ways for a kid to get out.

Granite Hill Elementary School
9371 Granite Hill, Jurupa Valley, CA  92509-1024
Last modified Granite Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.