Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 23, 2015
Ms Pate Thank you for caring so much, It is teachers like her that mold our children into successful adults. My son is very lucky to have someone like her in his life . She makes his learning experience fun and memorable. A child who comes home everyday excited to tell what he learned at school, is a happy student!!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Ms. Young and Ms Pate are wonderful . They push my children ,and challenge them

Posted November 23, 2015
I am a mother of 6 . I have two young children who attend Indian hills. My daughter is a gate student , she transferred from vandermolen and complained that Indian hills is not up to her standards. I home schooled some of my children . However even though I loved k12 my kids wanted interaction with others. I do not blame the school for my child's progress. If teaching is 50/50 my son is happy there. I always check his class work and do homework with him . If it pains you to sit with your child do not complain about they're progress. We all have to do our part to help our children succeed.

Posted August 22, 2014
We just moved from Corona and I made sure to seek the Best School and my ideal of any school should be at its best and safest. But seeing the rates on Indian Hills only made my decision a little easier, yet after my children's first day with so much to tell me on their whole day only let me know I had made the right decision. My Children weren't too excited on moving or changing schools, take in mind I'm a single proud parent of three: 2 girls and 1boy and they went from not wanting go to a new school to wake up too early to get to school. I would like to thank the Teachers that have put smiles on my children's face to have the best teachers and Staff that made enrollment less stressful for me and Guard ladies for not only protecting and take the time to be aware of are children's safety every morning and after school. Thank You Soooo Much

Posted May 12, 2014
My son had a great time while he attended Kinder and a small portion of 1st grade. He loved his Kindergarten teacher. (2013/14) The new principal is very involved with the kids. Too bad my son had to change schools.

Posted January 10, 2013
This school is a disgrace to even the poorest of education systems. The support staff/office staff are rude and seem to have entitlement issues. The turnover in principals reflects the lack of organization and attention this school receives from the district. I have taken 1 child out of this school who excelled in another district and I will be removing my younger son later this year. I would be providing my children a disservice as a parent to expect an adequate education from this establishment.

Indian Hills Elementary School 4

Posted December 19, 2012
I have two children enrolled in this school. I read the sour ratings some parents posted here, so I decided to do some investigating myself. The front office staff is very sweet and polite. The have a hectic schedule to maintain, besides assisting every person that walks in the front door! They get it done though. The lunches are pretty much balanced, so long as our children make the choice to add a salad to their tray. Making good choices starts at home! The Teacher's are fabulous, I must confess, I have some favorites! The PTA and Booster Club are 95% parent volunteer organized, they are great people and always put their best forward at every event. The security and safety staff are very stable and sound people. They really care about the children's safety and go out of their way to keep harmony among the children during recess and other daily activities. I haven't met any disgruntled parents yet, but for those who are... I recommend being a part of the solution and not the problem.

Posted September 20, 2012
This school is awful. Thank The Gods I have no kids enrolled in this school any more. My 2 oldest kids attended this school. Very disorganize always, never had a stable principal, as far I know they have no principal. The office staff are so lazy and unprofessional it hurts for them to get up their butts maybe that is why they are overweight and ugly.. To be fair some of the teachers do try very hard, but their is only so much they can do so many kids in one class jeez.. Don't enroll your kids in this shool if you stay at home I recommend K-12 charters school. The best and if you have toddler Montessory school..

Posted June 05, 2009
My son is two grades above average in reading. When I was told that they don't have time to teach him and that I should continue working with him at home, I knew he could no longer attend this school.

Posted September 29, 2008
My girls are currently in Kindergarten and they just absolutely love their school and their teachers. I am very happy that they are attending Indian Hills Elementary and do appreciate all the help and support of the staff - most especially the teachers in Classroom #1

7750 Linares Avenue, Jurupa Valley, CA  92509-0140
Last modified Indian Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.