Bad
Good

Van Buren has a very caring and dedicated staff. The principal is awesome and he really supports both his teachers and the community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students are engaged in PBIS each day. These are positive behavior supports that emphasize responsibility, respect, and safety. In addition to that, students are taught the 5 attributes to EAGLE PRIDE, which are perseverance, respect, integrity, determination and excellence.

This school is horrible.... not safe.... the staff help you with a horrible attitude if they don't know you they help you at the end... the teachers definitely have favoritism and if I had a choice and I could economically pay to get my children transfer I would this school definitely needs more helpfully and non bully staff... the only reason they get a star is because I had to choose it not because they deserve it..

My children began attending this school only one of my children have a nice and dedicated teacher. The staff in the office have a horrible attitude but hopefully I could transfer my kids soon out of that school... they only get the star for the teacher my son has that's shows more interest in her students

the school is good. the teachers care about their students as does the principal. The only draw back is parent involvement. There are only 4 parents who do everything for the school. They run the bookfair, holiday store, fundraisers, help teachers when they can with activites, put together folders and pass them out at the student of the month gatherings. Those 4 parents try to get other parents involved, but none of the other parents will. I know a lot of parents work and some do not speak English. They always have people who can interpret for them. I applaud those parents. Im a single mom who works and goes to school to be a better example for my child and I participate whenever I can for my child at that school.

The principal has always wanted what is best for my child and has looked into all issues that I have addressed with him. There are some really good teachers, but also numerous poor ones. There is not a lot of parent interaction. I think that there is definately room for improvement, but I'd say that the principal is slowly making improvements.

My child is currently attending Van Buren. I am researching other options. Supervisory staff is unprofessional, my child's teacher fails to return phone calls.

Last modified Van Buren Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.