Posted March 05, 2014
This school is horrible.... not safe.... the staff help you with a horrible attitude if they don't know you they help you at the end... the teachers definitely have favoritism and if I had a choice and I could economically pay to get my children transfer I would this school definitely needs more helpfully and non bully staff... the only reason they get a star is because I had to choose it not because they deserve it..

Posted February 14, 2014
My children began attending this school only one of my children have a nice and dedicated teacher. The staff in the office have a horrible attitude but hopefully I could transfer my kids soon out of that school... they only get the star for the teacher my son has that's shows more interest in her students

Van Buren Elementary School 5

Posted July 13, 2013
the school is good. the teachers care about their students as does the principal. The only draw back is parent involvement. There are only 4 parents who do everything for the school. They run the bookfair, holiday store, fundraisers, help teachers when they can with activites, put together folders and pass them out at the student of the month gatherings. Those 4 parents try to get other parents involved, but none of the other parents will. I know a lot of parents work and some do not speak English. They always have people who can interpret for them. I applaud those parents. Im a single mom who works and goes to school to be a better example for my child and I participate whenever I can for my child at that school.

Van Buren Elementary School 3

Posted May 20, 2013
The principal has always wanted what is best for my child and has looked into all issues that I have addressed with him. There are some really good teachers, but also numerous poor ones. There is not a lot of parent interaction. I think that there is definately room for improvement, but I'd say that the principal is slowly making improvements.

Van Buren Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2007
My child is currently attending Van Buren. I am researching other options. Supervisory staff is unprofessional, my child's teacher fails to return phone calls.

Van Buren Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2006
My daughter has attended Van Buren Elementary school since kindergarten. I have not experienced any serious issues within the school itself. I am a law enforcement officer and saying that I stay involved in the academics, activities and school related functions. What parents have to understand is that the school teaches academics but as parents we must reinforce that daily by assisting with homework, studying techniques and teaching. We the parents are our children' primary educator. Yes, the teachers do teach, but we must reinforce what is being learned. I took my 5 year old from private school and he will be attending Van Buren in the fall. If I see he is struggling, I will make an appointment for a conference.

Posted June 24, 2005
My children just completed their first year at Van Buren Elementary school, and I am very unhappy with the level of education which this school provides to our kids. My daughter was above proficient in all academic areas prior to attending this school, now, she struggels just to make grade level standards. This schools academic ciriculum doesn't meet state dept. Standards, and the teachers and staff dont appear to put in any effort to change that. In regards to the school's principal, I found her to be very uncooperative and not really concerned about investigating serious and or important issue - when they are brought to her attention. I would not recommend this elementary school to any parent. Our children deserve a chance at a decent education, and unfortunately my kids were deprived of that, at this school.

Van Buren Elementary School 2

Posted August 28, 2003
I found the principle to be extremely uncooperative in getting my child into a class with a calmer teacher. The teacher would yell in class at the students, and was too tempermental for young students. I spent alot of vacation time from work trying to resolve these problems. However, my child's first two teachers at Van Buren were great! So there are some really good teachers there, but last year was a horrible year for our whole family, dealing with the results of how the teacher handled the class.

Van Buren Elementary School
9501 Jurupa Road, Jurupa Valley, CA  92509
Last modified Van Buren Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Van Buren Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top