Posted April 25, 2015
I'm passionate about education and couldn't wait for my son (now 8) to attend Bacich. For K & 1st he got devoted, energetic teachers. But his 2d gr teacher was just putting in the time sending us to websites for more math! I heard other parents' complaints and studied Bacich's application of the Common Core curriculum. Hundreds showed up at meetings to contest the low math standards. Read the CCC online. It dumbs down children: schools across the country modify it but Sally Peck refuses. It's totally inadequate given global competition & failing CA schools. But Peck's opposed to ability grouping so the more capable students are bored. After these meetings, Peck's solution: hire a consultant to study the situation. They stopped standardized testing several years ago (convenient for CCC) so there's zero accountability. We parents give over $1M/yr. but they refuse to challenge their brightest kids. Also school lets out every Wednesday at 12:15. Huh? The after school program, Marin Enrichment, is a sad warehouse for children waiting to be picked up. This formerly great school is failing. We transferred to a private school.

Anthony G. Bacich Elementary School 2

Posted November 14, 2014
Many teachers and parents are doing all they can to ensure the school stays great even through unprecedented growth (over 700 students in a space built for 450). However, the principal has lost all trust from parents, who describe her as all "Teflon" and "spin." Parent concerns are not directly addressed even when a group of over 100 parents come together to flag an area of concern (eg. Abilities based grouping in math) and attempt constructive collaboration with her. Her behavior has been ongoing for the many years we have been in the district, without clear accountability from the School Board or District Leadership. In short, we moved here for the schools and now regret it and advise others to choose other local districts such as Reed, Larkspur-Corte Madera and Dixie. Note though that no Marin districts offer the GATE program, so if you think that is relevant for your child look elsewhere in the Bay Area.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 24, 2014
We just transferred from a private school in Marin to Bacich. I cannot tell you how happy we are with the School. I continue to be blown away by the standards of excellence and education. The community of families are amazing. We are so happy to become apart of it.
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 14, 2014
As a new family at Bacich we were somewhat apprehensive about sending our daughter to Kindergarten here. While it is a big school, we are impressed with the organization of the staff and the high levels of parent involvement. Our daughter loves it!
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 13, 2014
Must be teachers reviewing this school, as I have yet to speak to a parent who is not considering placing their child in another school (e.g., Brookside, Glenwood). One parent is a prominent realtor who advised me that housing adjacent to Bacich has dropped in value for the first time (even after the bubble burst), although other Marin Housing (e.g., Mill Valley, San Anselmo) continues to rise. Housing value is directly connected to the school district. Pulled both my boys and placed in Marin Country Day and love it. Noticed the declining API score, Bacich is not getting a pass based on exclusivity anymore.

Posted May 13, 2014
My child attended this school and I am happy to say that we moved out of this district. I was not impressed with the attitude of some of the teachers and the principal is not hands-on at all. This is a school with a very bad vibe and my child was never made to feel welcome. We are much happier now. There are good schools out there, this is not one of them.

Posted April 29, 2014
Bacich elementary is a great school! ! Teachers are great, working close with patients. Teacher will let you know how your kid is progressing and what needs to be done if your child is behind. Parents contributions to kick program helps our kids continue with their art and music classes. Those classes are very important in our kids overall development. Overall great school! Great community! Happy to be part of it.

Anthony G. Bacich Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2014
This school has gotten far too big for an elementary school. While many teachers are wonderful and strive to do there best this school just does not cultivate the community feel that I hear about at other schools in Marin. We are looking to move or enroll in a private school to move our kindergartener out of this large environment. The school also seems behind in some curriculum areas such as technologies compared to Mill Valley and Ross Valley.

Posted April 22, 2014
I have loved Bacich School for my three children! It saddens me to read so many negative reviews. In my experience as a former teacher, I often found that the unhappy parents were the "squeaky wheels." Parents who are happy and satisfied don't always speak up because they are content with how things are going. If every parent were required to write a review on this site, I know there would be many more positive reviews. Regarding comments about feeling that the students get an elitist feel attending Bacich, I can say that does NOT come from the teachers or school. That is something that comes from personal home life. Teachers are very humble, caring, and attending to every child. The office staff is warm and welcoming as is the principal. I have been extremely happy with every teacher my children have had! The staff at Bacich work hard to not only teach academics, but to also bring in character education, communication skills, social and emotional education, while creating an engaging environment in which the students feel challenged, cared for, and safe. I cannot say enough positive things about this school!

Posted March 04, 2014
Horrible school! Bad administration! Terrible environment! This school does not embrace children who have learning challenges, it ostracizes them. Steer clear!

Anthony G. Bacich Elementary School
699 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard, Kentfield, CA  94904
Last modified Anthony G. Bacich Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anthony G. Bacich Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top