Public charter
Kingsburg, CA
After care: No

Roosevelt Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2013
I have had two children attend this school, in the two year span they had two different principals, and both teachers were less than desireable for a young child at such a crucial age. Unfortunetely, the classrooms are so standards driven, that many times the individual children are being missed and the small things such as encouregement to achieve are lacking. I am sure like all school there are some very good teachers, however both my son and daughter missed out on them. In addition, they often schedule events and meetings in this district during times which working parents can not get involved, which is frustrating for parents who really want to participate and be active in their children's lives.

Roosevelt Elementary School 5

Posted January 11, 2006
So far I have experienced 4 schools out of the 5 that our children must attend in the Kingsburg Charter School District (all but High School). I must say that Roosevelt definately ranks #1 in my book. The principal does an outstanding job interacting with students and parents. She interacts with everyone and has an 'Open Door Policy' that I have used myself. My sons 6th grade teacher is phenomenal! Acting out history, dressing as the cave men and women, building buildings etc.. At Roosevelt the staff cares about the growth of the students and also about their physical and mental state of mind. I highly recommend your child to attend this extraordinary school.

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2004
The district should have a lot more funding for extra help in academics as well as counciling services. Instead of 'get rid of the problem kid' they really should get to the root of why? is she/he doing this and what can we as a small community do to help. I have been in Kingsburg 27 years of my life and the schools are not as well as they were in the past. Maybe people just stopped caring! Don't forget, kids are our future.

Roosevelt Elementary School
1185 Tenth Street, Kingsburg, CA  93631
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grade 1
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top