Kingvale, CA

Posted February 01, 2015
I can not express enough in words how great this school is. It has been an absolute blessing. My two children and I moved here last year mid school year and all I heard were positive things about donner trail. At first glance of the school I was surprised to see how small it was (we had moved from a big city where class room sizes were nearly as big as the whole school!) And I was a little thrown off but the classes being combined in grades, HOWEVER the extreme friendliness of the staff was the reason I decided to give it a chance and boy am I glad I did! My children are flourishing, learning new things everyday, doing things they wouldn't do in a "normal" school such as p.e. out in nature, and the individual attention they get is such a blessing. The staff truly care about the children. I can't say enough how much I love this school!

Posted October 19, 2013
Donner Trail is the reason we live here. The teachers know their student's needs, skill levels and motivations. They take the time to work with all students and ensure they are challenged.

Posted October 18, 2013
Our children are receiving an amazing education in this tiny, rural school. Highly skilled, experienced, effective teachers and staff work together to give each student a personalized education that prepares them for success in 6th grade and beyond. We love that the school takes care of its unique, natural environment on the banks of the South Yuba River and uses it as a learning tool. The small school on top of the mountain does feel like a family.

Donner Trail Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2006
Donner Trail Elem has the highest API scores in our district, great teachers and an exceptional multi-age learning model. We can't say enough about the special place our son attends. It has an incredible small school-house feel and the parental involvement to back its success.

Posted January 13, 2006
I currently have 2 childrens at Donner Trail and have been a part of the school for 5 years. Donner Trail has a highly qualified and committed administrator and staff all supported by an involved parent base. The multi-age teaching program allows students to work at their personal level creating an atmosphere for success without labels. Students treat each other as 'family members' with an emphasis on personal accountability, trust, respect and support.

Posted September 01, 2004
This is the best school in the district. A multi-age magnet school for environmental learning, my children are thriving!

Donner Trail Elementary School
52755 Donner Pass Road, Kingvale, CA  96161
Last modified Donner Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Donner Trail Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top