Knights Ferry, CA

Posted September 15, 2014
Knights Ferry Elementary School is truly a one of a kind place to send your children for the best education in our area! With small class sizes and well trained teachers, who care about each and every student, I feel fortunate to send my 3 children here. Our test scores are among the top in our region! I would strongly encourage anyone who is considering where to take their kids to school, to come check Knights Ferry out. It's more than worth the few extra miles you may drive to give your kids this opportunity!

Posted April 19, 2014
Knights Ferry is a small K-8 public school, less than 100 students, in the rural community of Knights Ferry. It is very much like a great quality private school. Staff and parents are involved with the students. Many students attend Knights Ferry from other districts. Our classes are combination grades, with an aide, students participate in community events and our small community supports the school and students. We have a fantastic parents club. If you are willing to work, you are welcome to be there. The old reviews about Knights Ferry on this website are not accurate. The atmosphere is open and welcoming.

Posted April 18, 2014
Knights Ferry School is an amazing nurturing environment that helps children grow into kind, respectful and socially responsible adults! The teachers are beyond amazing and go the extra mile for all of their students.

Posted April 18, 2014
Knights Ferry School is a small school, Kindergarten through 8th grades, with about 90 students. Every classroom is 2 grades (T-K/K, 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8) but still has the feel of a small class, with lots of personal attention for each child. The thing I love most about this school is the genuine feeling of community: every teacher knows every child, and often their family, and the tiny historic Gold Rush town of Knights Ferry supports the school with commitment and involvement. The school and the town come together to have a Halloween parade, a Christmas program, an annual silent auction dinner, and in many more ways. But lately enrollment has been dropping, and dropping, and dropping. We have gone down by 50 students in the last 2 years. The recession hit us hard, with many families moving out of the area to find work. Some, to save on the expense of gas, made the painful decision to send their children to schools in nearby Oakdale because they provide busing. But we are hanging on, offering a unique, small-town, country school experience, with a state of the art education for all our students. Knights Ferry School is a great place with great families.

Posted August 03, 2009
Knights Ferry School is an excellent school. Close knit community, high parent involvement and extremely caring, highly educated staff. Both my children went all the way through Knights Ferry School, kindergarten through 8th grade, and I know they were cared for and educated by the best school in this state. Small class sizes, full time aides in every combo class, and staff familiarity of every single student in the school makes this a safe, secure and loving environment for all children and families. For just a short drive 'up the hill' your child can get the best education offered by any private or public school. Knights Ferry is and has always been the best Little School on the Hill.

Posted December 27, 2008
This school is one of the best schools in California. A small town atmosphere and a low student/teacher ratio. The Junior High is excellent. I feel my kids are getting a private school education without the cost. The kids who graduate and go on to high school from here are very well prepared academically.

Posted January 29, 2008
The community of Knights Ferry School is unbeatable. My two children were challenged, but also well-supported, academically. The families are very involved and contribute meaningfully to the quality of the education experience there. The town 'owns' the school and takes pride in it. Yes, the've had some trouble in recent years with prinicpal turn-over, but that seems to be resolved now with the former 2nd grade teacher taking the job. The junior high is wonderful - personal, high standards, close-knit with the rest of the school, really honoring the kids who graduate there. Test scores are good throughout the grades. It's really a great little school.

Posted June 18, 2007
Knights Ferry is THE best elementary school in all of CA! The teachers are fantastic! They genuinely care about our children, their well being in more that just the classroom. I would strongly encourage any parent within driving distance to enroll their children in this school. The students have the highest scores in the area and are greatly prepared for high school. The teachers are approachable and encouraging to parents. They work well with each other for the good of the children. What a great school!

Knights Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2007
Since my child has attended KFS, his grades have gone from U's to A's and B's. His confidence has boosted in leaps and bounds! I attribute this to the wonderful staff and parent involvement. The staff is very personal and everyone has made my child feel welcomed and truly happy to be there. I am grateful for this experience and I wouldn't want my child to attend any other school!

Knights Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2005
I actually love Knights Ferry I wouldnt have my kids go anywhere else.. The only problem I have is this year having a teachers aide teach our kids in a 4th/5th combo who isnt qualified to teach. I know we are shorthanded but maybe we shouldnt have so many kids in one class.

Knights Ferry Elementary School
12726 Dent Street, Knights Ferry, CA  95361
Last modified Knights Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Knights Ferry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top