K
La Cañada Flintridge, CA

Flintridge Montessori School 2

Posted March 10, 2014
Browsing school reviews, I ran across this post that I just had to refute. Perhaps, it was just a one-off;however, if one is an educator defending their quality of instruction,I tend to deem it necessary & important to use proper spelling, grammar & punctuation in doing so. This poorly constructed comment, should have been thoroughly reviewed prior to posting. IMO it reflects the quality of instruction offered, & thereby prompted me to eliminate this school from my list. The particular post I am referring to begins with "Sometimes it is better not to respond to negative untruthful comments specially by parents who have been asked to to take their child out (that points a finger)However is is our respond...program is made chaotic by certain parents whom we have no control over. Some walk all over taking pictures, talking on cell phones, do not sit down & start leaving before the program is over thereby disrupting. Children in our care on the other had are extremely well behaved and perform beautifully at the concert." I do not profess to be an English writing/grammatical expert, but am I going to entrust my child's language instruction to someone who cannot construct a simple post?

Posted December 12, 2013
The best school!! Teachers are so involved. You can tell that they really care about the kids from their academics to their health. My son is in Ms. Jetzy's, Ms. Hilda's and Ms. Satik's 2-3 year old class. I can only say nothing but the best. They are excellent when it comes to potty training. All I can say is that they are excellent and very active. Discipline is all there. Would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted April 12, 2013
I am a school psychologist and I have worked primarily in various elementary schools. I value the structure and program FMS has to help students reach their full potential both academically and socially. My 4 year old has been attending for two years, and my 2 year old has attended for 6 months. The first 5 years is so important in a child's academic development. Some start slow and some are faster then others. At FMS they understand this which allows them to fine tune to the students needs and make learning an interactive and enjoyable experience. The school has proven time and time again that their students graduate at a higher academicly than expected of them based on California standards. For example my daughter at 4 is already reading and writing at the first grade level. The director of FMS Mrs. Rohini and the staff do an amazing job making all this happen. I have always appreciated Mrs. Rohini constant dedication and love that she has for all the students. She is very easy to reach and she is always willing to sit and hear about any conserns you have about your child. Thank you for that. Overall I highly recommend this school and I am very lucky to have found FMS.

Posted January 24, 2013
Sometimes it is better not to respond to negative untruthful comments specially by parents who have been asked to to take their child out . However is is our respond. We are not equipped to handle children needing special needs, speech delays etc since due to non qualified staff. If a parent continues to ignore our requests to address their children's hitting, biting, aggressive behavior, hurting other children, disrupting classes, we are left with little option. Just a few kids can disrupt the entire class & prevent other children from learning. Our staff turnover is low. Annual materials fee of $240 covers text books, replacing expensive Montessori materials, arts and crafts etc. not paper and glue! Teacher student ratio is 1:8 or lower although the state requirement is 1:12. Holiday program is made chaotic by certain parents whom we have no control over. Some walk all over taking pictures, talking on cell phones, do not sit down & start leaving before the program is over thereby disrupting. Children in our care on the other had are extremely well behaved and perform beautifully at the concert. Hopefully we have addressed all of the issues.

Posted January 19, 2013
I have twin girls at this school and we have been here for 1.5 years. I toured a lot of Montessori programs and Flintridge Montessori does a fantastic job. One of my 3 1/2 year old daughters is already reading 4/5 word sentences. She is ready for this and the school helps foster her individual development. The teachers and Director are warm, caring and responsive. We are happy there. They also have great flexibility with 2, 3 or 5 day programs, after school for K and an amazing K program.

Flintridge Montessori School 1

Posted November 21, 2012
Horrible preschool. Poorly run by a cold-hearted director who has no clue what is going on in the classrooms. High child to teacher ratio. High turn over of teachers which makes it tough for your child to build much of a relationship with their teachers. Children who are even the slightest bit outside of the norm (ie independent, strong-willed) are frowned upon and unfairly disciplined.

Flintridge Montessori School 1

Posted October 31, 2012
My kid attended this school for a while. The classes are over-crowded with high teacher-to-students ratio. The teachers are nice but turn over is extremely high due to the poor management and stinginess of the school. The school nickels and dimes you on things such as $250 material fee (for papers and clue). I would not recommend this place.

Flintridge Montessori School 4

Posted May 13, 2012
My son has been going to FMS for 2.5 years. We've been very happy overall with the education, and social support he has received. Every teacher we have encountered (and with a small school, we know pretty much all the veterans, and slowly meet the newer ones) has been kind, patient and very knowledgeable. I wasn't very familiar with the Montessori method going in to it, but it has really worked out great for us. I appreciate the methodical way my son learned his letters, numbers, then words, and reading, etc. He has developed a true love for learning, and I feel that is priceless for him as he continues to grow and learn. I also really like the facility, with it's indoor-outdoor set up. The kids spend a nice amount of time outside and the playground is really fun for them. Per some other reviews, yes, the holiday program can tend to be a little chaotic, but at the end of the day, it's all for the kids, and they do an amazing job preparing for the event, and I think it's a great experience for them. I would highly recommend this darling little preschool.

Posted March 28, 2012
My son is in transitional kindergarten and I am very impressed with the math and reading skills that he has learned. I have spoken with parents of children from different schools and they were all amazed how advanced Flintridge Montessori's curriculum is. This school offers top notch learning experience for your children. Jaime Torres

Posted February 26, 2012
My son learned math concepts and reading skills he did not see again until 2nd grade. This is a fantastic school for kids who are ready to learn.

Flintridge Montessori School
1739 Foothill Boulevard, La Cañada Flintridge, CA  91011
Last modified Flintridge Montessori School is a Private school that serves grade K
Flintridge Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top