Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 22, 2016
I feel compelled to write this message to thank the teachers in classroom 3 (Jetzy, Hilda & Satik) after attending the school's year end concert. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the 2-years old were able to follow instructions and perform on stage. I can't imagine the time, patience and energy these teachers put into the little children. At the end of the concert, all teachers were asked to go up onto the stage. When my daughter saw the teachers up on stage, her face lit up and and she pointed at the teachers and said "Teachers!" excitedly. Her expression worths a thousand words. As a parent, I am grateful my daughter has these good teachers to start her right about going to school.

Posted May 19, 2016
My children Started at Flintridge Montessori One Year ago. They didn't speak english at that time, And thanks to The amazing staff and lovely teachers like miss Geltzy and miss Joyce they felt Free to discover a new environment and now are fluent in the language. Every person from the school knows each student. The kindergarten teachers inspired curiosity in the kids, my big kid is always experimenting at home what she learned in the school, and asks questions that demonstrate how she is trying to understand the way everything works. The little one has a lot of fun in an structured environment, where she feels free to establish relationships with every teacher and kid from different classrooms. Besides, there is Miss Celina who knows how to manage her strong character with love but at the same time discipline.

Posted May 19, 2016
The teachers at Flintridge Montessori have always taken the utmost care with my children and they just adore them. My 10 year old and my 8 year old went through the pre-school program and now my 4 year old is going through. There is a good amount of education, reading, writing, math, science, social science etc., being done in the classroom but each child is allowed to learn at their own pace. My children have three very different personalities and none of them have been pushed to do more than they are ready or capable of at any point. The teachers are communicative and respond to questions or concerns quickly and thoroughly. It will be a sad day in our home when our baby graduates next year and we leave the Montessori home for good.

Posted January 09, 2016
Excellent school, with very good pedagogy and teachers. Our daughter is now in Kindergarten in FMS, and we are confident that she is well prepared for 1st grade. The teachers she had over the course of her 3 years in FMS have always been very attentive, and gave her self-confidence and pleasure to learn. She is now reading, writing, doing maths (addition, subtraction), speaking a bit of Spanish and has such a pleasure doing her homework! Coming from abroad, we were so worried for our little one... Now we are thrilled, and we definitely recommend FMS!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 27, 2015
Our son has been going to Flintridge Montessori School since he was 2. He is currently in their kindergarten program. Last summer, we went to the doctor who asked him to look at shapes for an eye exam. After looking at the first shape, our 4 year old said "quatrefoil". The doctor looked down at the chart, looked at us, looked at him, and asked "where do YOU go to school?" We all got a good laugh. It really is amazing how much these children have learned at this school, not only in reading and math, but science, nature, social development, arts, and manners, and still lots of play time. They also have enrichment programs after school. We cannot say enough about this school. It is too bad they do not go all the way through high school. We would stay. The teachers and staff are fantastic. They really care about the children: their sense of individualism, their self confidence, their happiness, their safety and their academic abilities. Our son goes to school every day greeting his teachers with warm hugs. The staff listens to our needs and works with us as parents in knowing what we can do to assist our children in learning or social development. Our son says he loves the upstairs playground, and gardening. He has made friends that will be life long friends of ours. Every room that he was in has wonderful, committed teachers who love the students. These children are incredibly well prepared for kindergarten and/or first grade. We would highly recommend it to any parent considering a loving, nurturing, and academic place for their child.

Posted July 27, 2015

Flintridge Montessori School 2

Posted March 10, 2014
Browsing school reviews, I ran across this post that I just had to refute. Perhaps, it was just a one-off;however, if one is an educator defending their quality of instruction,I tend to deem it necessary & important to use proper spelling, grammar & punctuation in doing so. This poorly constructed comment, should have been thoroughly reviewed prior to posting. IMO it reflects the quality of instruction offered, & thereby prompted me to eliminate this school from my list. The particular post I am referring to begins with "Sometimes it is better not to respond to negative untruthful comments specially by parents who have been asked to to take their child out (that points a finger)However is is our respond...program is made chaotic by certain parents whom we have no control over. Some walk all over taking pictures, talking on cell phones, do not sit down & start leaving before the program is over thereby disrupting. Children in our care on the other had are extremely well behaved and perform beautifully at the concert." I do not profess to be an English writing/grammatical expert, but am I going to entrust my child's language instruction to someone who cannot construct a simple post?

Posted December 12, 2013
The best school!! Teachers are so involved. You can tell that they really care about the kids from their academics to their health. My son is in Ms. Jetzy's, Ms. Hilda's and Ms. Satik's 2-3 year old class. I can only say nothing but the best. They are excellent when it comes to potty training. All I can say is that they are excellent and very active. Discipline is all there. Would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted April 12, 2013
I am a school psychologist and I have worked primarily in various elementary schools. I value the structure and program FMS has to help students reach their full potential both academically and socially. My 4 year old has been attending for two years, and my 2 year old has attended for 6 months. The first 5 years is so important in a child's academic development. Some start slow and some are faster then others. At FMS they understand this which allows them to fine tune to the students needs and make learning an interactive and enjoyable experience. The school has proven time and time again that their students graduate at a higher academicly than expected of them based on California standards. For example my daughter at 4 is already reading and writing at the first grade level. The director of FMS Mrs. Rohini and the staff do an amazing job making all this happen. I have always appreciated Mrs. Rohini constant dedication and love that she has for all the students. She is very easy to reach and she is always willing to sit and hear about any conserns you have about your child. Thank you for that. Overall I highly recommend this school and I am very lucky to have found FMS.

Posted January 24, 2013
Sometimes it is better not to respond to negative untruthful comments specially by parents who have been asked to to take their child out . However is is our respond. We are not equipped to handle children needing special needs, speech delays etc since due to non qualified staff. If a parent continues to ignore our requests to address their children's hitting, biting, aggressive behavior, hurting other children, disrupting classes, we are left with little option. Just a few kids can disrupt the entire class & prevent other children from learning. Our staff turnover is low. Annual materials fee of $240 covers text books, replacing expensive Montessori materials, arts and crafts etc. not paper and glue! Teacher student ratio is 1:8 or lower although the state requirement is 1:12. Holiday program is made chaotic by certain parents whom we have no control over. Some walk all over taking pictures, talking on cell phones, do not sit down & start leaving before the program is over thereby disrupting. Children in our care on the other had are extremely well behaved and perform beautifully at the concert. Hopefully we have addressed all of the issues.

1739 Foothill Boulevard, La Cañada Flintridge, CA  91011
Last modified Flintridge Montessori School is a Private school that serves grade K