La Canada, CA

Posted April 22, 2013
Incredible school in every way, from the kids to the teachers to the parents to the principal.

Posted February 06, 2013
My wife and I have been thrilled with our experience at Palm Crest. We currently have 4th and 1st grade children attending. What sets Palm Crest apart from other top schools is the level of parental involvement. n addition to the music, art, drama and Spanish that is available to all students there are numerous after school classes offered included band, strings, chess club, robotics, tennis, GATE enrichment classes. The Palm Crest PTA also sponsors music and art docent programs (LA Philharmonic parent) and View the Stars night involving telescopes (run by NASA parent) There is a Dad's PTA, a Panther Partners (new families welcoming program), a thriving Science Fair, a summer reading program among other things. There were times in my son's kindergarten class last year where there were 4 parents volunteering in the class at the same time. The PTA sponsors events for parents and children that encourage folks to really get to know each other which makes the environment feel like a close-knit community. Palm Crest just received the California Distinguished Schools Award two years ago. This is a school of exceptional teachers, parents and students like none other out there!

Posted September 20, 2012
Palm Crest has fantastic new and veteran teachers, a spectacular principal, and believes in teaching beyond the tests. It's in a beautiful area away from the exhaust and congestion of the city. The kids are vibrant, creative, and engaged. Best school in the area by far.

Posted June 15, 2012
A really good public school with caring teachers (for the most part) and a very hands on Principal in Mrs. Hurley. Palm Crest has a warm, caring environment, a good program for kids with special needs, and an active PTA. As at any school, there are a few less than steller teachers and our daughter had one in 4th grade. But for the most part the teachers are committed, caring, and dedicated.

Posted April 14, 2012
I loved Palm Crest! Mrs. Healy was the greatest English teacher ever! Mrs. Endicott taught science in a way that was fun and allowed students to absorb more than traditional, dry, fact-based jargon. Of course, this was 17 years ago...

Palm Crest Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2012
We still pay the property taxes but have put our kids in private school. Huge discipline problems not addressed by the principal make for a poor learning atmosphere. Someone below commented that this was not good for learning disabled kids - neither is it good for the gifted and highly gifted. My experience at Palm Crest has made me a private school believer.

Posted August 19, 2011
Great school! My son excelled when coming to this school. His teacher was awesome and constantly kept open communication with us. Love the environment of the school and the families. The principal Karen Hurley is awesome and always makes sure to provide you with answers when needed. Love it and would recommend it! May not have the nicest campus, but that's secondary to the education my son is receiving at this school. Looking forward to my other child starting Kindergarten this year!!

Palm Crest Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2010
Horrible school if you have a child who is average. The teachers dont give much attention to those students that need extra help. They only give attention to the smart ones. The school only wants smart kids because they want there test scores to be high.A teacher who teaches 5th and 6th grade math needs to be fierd

Posted March 10, 2010
I love Palm Crest! I've had 3 kids go there so far, and I love all the teachers and staff! I am so glad that we are in the district for this particular school. My kids have all had such wonderful teachers and great experiences. It seems like there is a lot of homework, and reports, but they are helped when needed and there is a good amount of parent involvement. I like the smaller size of the class for the younger grades, but I wish they would be able to keep the class sizes the same. when they hit 4th grade the classes increase in size. There are a lot of fundraisers. I like the principal this year, she is really trying to become a part of the school and really be involved in every area. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Palm Crest Elementary School 0

Posted November 07, 2008
I am in high school but still use what my teachers at Palm Crest taught me.

Palm Crest Elementary School
5025 Palm Drive, La Canada, CA  91011
Last modified Palm Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palm Crest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top