La Crescenta, CA
Students enrolled: 1,130

Posted June 22, 2014
I love Clark!!!!! Ignore all these students that say that Clark is a horrible school, it is not... They only say that because they are horrible and dont care where they are going to get in life. The technology is amazing...yes, sometimes the internet might go down but that is for the whole district... If you are thinking to put your child in this high school it is probably because you live in Glendale, or La-Cresenta.... Or the fact that you know that Clark has no drugs, and discipline is a major part of Clark's mission. The dress code is great so what if you cant wear whatever you want to school, besides it will take forever to decide what to wear in the morning. THE TEACHERS ARE ALL GREAT.... THERE IS ONLY ONE HORRIBLE TEACHER AT CLARK AND HE IS LEAVING THIS YEAR SO THE TEACHERS ARE ALL GREAT. People say it lost its magnet but it got back in this year... PLEASE PUT YOUR CHILD IN CLARK ( ) It is a great school!!!!!!!!

Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School 1

Posted October 27, 2013
I have a brother who goes to this school and I graduated from here two years ago and I can tell you that this school is terrible. I hated this school so much that I try to find as many as excuses to not to school that day. Not all the teachers were bad, during my 4 years I had two good teachers and the rest were absolutely terrible. Right now I'm enrolled in USC and Clark did nothing to get me here. I had to go to a community college and work my butt off to get here. If you are a parent and reading this just know that you are better off if you don't send your son/daughter here. Send your children to an actual high school where they can have a real high school experience.

Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
When I was in 8th grade and got accepted into Clark I was very excited because they showed us a high tech computer lab with awesome computers but when I got there it wasn't anything like they showed us. It is a technology school but the technology was outdated and they were down or not working 50% of the time. There is only a few good teachers. The rest are very strict. Even though I only 2 bad grades the whole year(a B- and a B) everyday I was pressured by the teachers. I can say that I would have been more healthy, mentally and physically, if I hadn't attended Clark. Every day I woke up I felt like I couldn't take another day of this but at the end of the day I had sports at GHS and that was the only thing I had to look forward to.

Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School 3

Posted April 02, 2012
It was alright. Clean, some teachers are good, others not, just like every other HS. Most of the discipline they tear themselves apart to instill doesn't ever matter in college or anywhere else you aren't getting paid to work. I had a good four years but that's mainly because I was comparing it to the horrible middle school I went to. It's alright. That's really it. Sometimes it may feel like you didn't have a real High School experience.

Posted February 18, 2010
Best school ever! teachers really care about the students, and really want to help them succeed! i'm very glad i got accepted here!

Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School 2

Posted February 09, 2010
Your teenager is far better off attending a regular school like all the rest of his peers, and being given the opportunity to explore what he or she finds interest in. Don't send your kid to Clark if he or she wants to take a music class, or have easy access to sports, or a proper social environment, or school activities, or inspiration. It's a stale place, free of stimulation for students. It doesn't even have a very robust curriculum for science and technology, at least, if your child is interested. Not even its academic performance - the basis for much of its rep and crowing - is so substantially above the rest. Its SAT scores are an insignificant 88 points above Hoover and 95 above GHS. I just don't see anything other than wasted opportunity at Clark, and I don't think its benefits outweigh its deficiencies at all.

Posted January 08, 2010
Excellent school, but the 1 and a half hour classes are too extreme and leads to students sleeping in class. Another problem is that most colleges and universities don't consider Clark as a tough school academically, but indeed it is. That is very sad because the students work their butts off, but don't get the right kind of recognition.

Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School 3

Posted August 20, 2008
Clark is a great school academically, but there is nothing besides that. You are basically limited in your school participation to lunch assemblies and the occassion assembly during enrichment. If you're an athlete you're almost worst off. Clubs are practically off limits and you don't get as involved in the school as you wish. Other than the lack in social activities it is a great school to learn and develop academically

Posted May 28, 2008
I am a student at this school and think that Clark is a great school. However, some teachers dont support the students, but that makes the students go the extra mile and helps them achieve more. Also this school has an emphasis on technology and science which is great but they need more sports and spiritual activities. This year only 40 students wanted to go to the junior prom so it was cancelled. So much for school spirit. Other than that, this school is great.

Posted October 31, 2007
School 'technology' is only focused on cinema and photography department without any recent upgrades for PCs.

4747 New York Avenue, La Crescenta, CA  91214
Last modified Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top