Posted September 14, 2013
Dunsmore is a dream come true for our family. When we moved to the area we took my son out of private school and decided that we would give public school a try. I am so glad we did. Mrs. Stegman is a fantastic principal that has the respect of the students, parents and her teachers. She runs a tight ship with a smile on her face. She attends PTA meetings and "Foundation" meetings. She is very approachable. The teachers love what they do and it shows. The K teachers are amazing. 1st grade is an adjustment but I believe in the teachers and that they will ready my son for 2nd grade. There are A LOT of opportunities to volunteer and be a part of the Dunsmore Community. With the smaller class sizes, I believe we are getting as close to a private school experience without the cost. I am a very happy parent.

Posted October 14, 2012
I love the school and its approach to education. Within all the budget cuts they try their best to keep it up to the standards. Teachers and administration are really nice and open, and ready to adjust. The only downside - some parents are very conservative!

Dunsmore Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2012
It's concerning that the current principal is implementing an inordinate amount of rules. The children are no longer allowed to sit with their friends at lunch, sit on the grass, play for longer than 25 seconds on the monkey bars, freely get and play with balls on the playground and the list goes on and on. The concern for safety is being expressed as excessive control and it's sad. When approached, the principal dismisses concerns and feels that her authority is beyond reproach.

Posted June 19, 2010
My kids love it here and I feel they're getting a wonderful education. I'm glad we chose this area, it's so focused on education, community and family.

Posted April 19, 2010
They still have all the arts, orchestra, science, after school events, summer school, gate classes, and great teachers.

Posted September 17, 2009
Not only does our school academically challenge our children, it also knows the value of the arts and offers the children music (chorus and orchestra) as well!

Posted September 17, 2009
CA Distinguised Schoo Award - Great kids, Great teachers, Great Parents

Dunsmore Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2009
The teachers here are excellent, very nice and understanding, as well as easy to talk to about anything. The principal, however is very strict, and not the best.

Posted April 27, 2009
2 of my 3 children went to Dunsmore. One is currently finishing 6th grade. This school has a lot of parent involvement. It is a safe, clean and comfortable school. The children throughout the years have always seemed to be happy and proud of their school. For several years I would volunteer in the classroom and on trips. I never heard the students put down their school. I love that. I highly recommend this school to anyone who can afford to live in this area. I chose to live in a smaller house and have this wonderful school than live in a larger home in another area. I feel safe with them here.

Posted March 23, 2009
All three of my children attended this school k-6th and I must say they were better prepared for futher education than others in their jr. high class. The principal has a long way to come and I am sure everyone misses Mr. Gould but the excellent teachers make up for it.

Dunsmore Elementary School
4717 Dunsmore Avenue, La Crescenta, CA  91214
Last modified Dunsmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunsmore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top