Bad
Good

Posted July 25, 2016
Kathy the receptionist is rude and completely unpleasant. She is clearly not fit or the right person to welcome parents and families into the school. Not the first person you would ever want to see before entering your child's school. Half the teachers are great, the other half barely show up.

Posted October 29, 2015
My family and I ended up withdrawing my child from Mountain Avenue. We had a unresponsive, highly critical 2nd grade teacher that showed very little concern for my child. The main emphasis (and the focus of the overall education) at Mountain Avenue is the state-wide test and evaluation for both the school and teacher. Education, and he needs of the children are not part of the equation. Consider a transfer to another school, especially in the La Canada School District. Please do yourself a huge favor and perform due diligence before going to Mountain Avenue. Don't let their high API fool you.

Mountain Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2015
I have two boys attend this school. Within last year the school has lost focus on the students. I would recommend any parent avoid the teacher started with the letter "B". This year the teacher miss 50% school days. She always has an excuse. The parents don't want to speak up of the repercussion to their kids.

Posted March 11, 2015
The best elementary school in La Crescenta. Great community. Incredibly high parents involvement. Excellent staff all the way across the school. Bought our house because of this school.

Posted June 24, 2014
Mountain Ave Elementary is the school to send your child to, our young ones will build skills to last them a lifetime. In short, as my son puts it, Mountain Ave. Elementary truly ROCKS! The school is a high achieving academic school and it is due to the fact of great leadership, starting with our beloved Principal Rebecca Witt. Ms. Witt s love for the school is so beautifully shown throughout the campus, via her students, her staff and parents and it ripples with the excellent and seamless manner of teamwork and unison. Parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed. My son had Ms. Haydt for his 5th grade teacher, WOW to Ms. Haydt s performance, as she is an unbelievable extraordinary teacher. The students looked forward to her class, they were fun, they were filled with knowledge; and the students learned and understood their lessons from their assignments. Betanzos Family

Posted October 19, 2013
We've bought our current and previous home near this school when my oldest was 4 years old, so that she can go to Mt Ave. and she's now freshmen in college I also have 10th grader in CV High and 3rd Grader here at Mt. Best of the best teachers every year with all three kids so far. Go and visit this school and you'll know what I mean.. I did that 14 years ago and bought my house just so that I can send my kids to Mountain Avenue....You'll agree that Mt Ave is much better than most private schools. It's 10 out of 10 for a reason.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have three children at this school, one who has now gone on to middle school. I have never had a negative experience at Mountain Ave. This is a school with a great amount of parent involvement. The teachers are capable and caring. The front office is a busy place but I find them cheerful and helpful at all times. My oldest child was well prepared for middle school. I know my children enjoy learning here and have made great friends. I have gotten to know many of the other parents through the volunteer opportunities and love being part of the school community.

Posted March 27, 2013
I totally agree with other reviewers , the principle Mrs. witt does not take any steps to address parents' concerns or act upon them ! Some teachers are really rude, the from desk secretary is not pleasant at all !

Mountain Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2013
I agree with current principal Ms Witt is very cold and unapproachable to concerning parent. I am not sure if she cares about the students, also. My son was put in a combo class and he has some condition that he should not be in this kind of environment. I talked with her about this but she would not consider to move my son back to regular class. She said that combo class is better for him bacause he has this issue! Total nonsense!! I know a mother who complained that her daughter was in combo class ( I guess no mother likes her kids in the combo classes) to Ms Witt and she told her that it is good for her daughter bacause she is a smart and independent student. My son and her daughter are in the same class. That will tell you waht kind of person she is.

Mountain Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2013
The principal Ms Witt is very cold and unapproachable. Doesn't care about parents concerns and is unresponsive. Only thing she seems to care about is test scores and her own reputation as the best school in the district. Receptionist in the front office is the same.

Mountain Avenue Elementary School
2307 Mountain Avenue, La Crescenta, CA  91214-3135
Last modified Mountain Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.