Posted June 24, 2014
Mountain Ave Elementary is the school to send your child to, our young ones will build skills to last them a lifetime. In short, as my son puts it, Mountain Ave. Elementary truly ROCKS! The school is a high achieving academic school and it is due to the fact of great leadership, starting with our beloved Principal Rebecca Witt. Ms. Witt s love for the school is so beautifully shown throughout the campus, via her students, her staff and parents and it ripples with the excellent and seamless manner of teamwork and unison. Parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed. My son had Ms. Haydt for his 5th grade teacher, WOW to Ms. Haydt s performance, as she is an unbelievable extraordinary teacher. The students looked forward to her class, they were fun, they were filled with knowledge; and the students learned and understood their lessons from their assignments. Betanzos Family

Posted October 19, 2013
We've bought our current and previous home near this school when my oldest was 4 years old, so that she can go to Mt Ave. and she's now freshmen in college I also have 10th grader in CV High and 3rd Grader here at Mt. Best of the best teachers every year with all three kids so far. Go and visit this school and you'll know what I mean.. I did that 14 years ago and bought my house just so that I can send my kids to Mountain Avenue....You'll agree that Mt Ave is much better than most private schools. It's 10 out of 10 for a reason.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have three children at this school, one who has now gone on to middle school. I have never had a negative experience at Mountain Ave. This is a school with a great amount of parent involvement. The teachers are capable and caring. The front office is a busy place but I find them cheerful and helpful at all times. My oldest child was well prepared for middle school. I know my children enjoy learning here and have made great friends. I have gotten to know many of the other parents through the volunteer opportunities and love being part of the school community.

Mountain Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2013
I totally agree with other reviewers , the principle Mrs. witt does not take any steps to address parents' concerns or act upon them ! Some teachers are really rude, the from desk secretary is not pleasant at all !

Mountain Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2013
The principal Ms Witt is very cold and unapproachable. Doesn't care about parents concerns and is unresponsive. Only thing she seems to care about is test scores and her own reputation as the best school in the district. Receptionist in the front office is the same.

Mountain Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2013
Overall, the school is quite good. However the current Principal does not seem interested in the concerns of the parents and does not always appear to act with the best interest of the students in mind.

Posted October 09, 2012
What a relief. We love Mountain Avenue. Truly a neighborhood school. My kids are eager to go to school every day!!

Posted September 06, 2012
This is a great school for my son. I have been sending my son to a private school in Arcadia for 4 years. Finally I've decided to try public schools and see how it goes. I have to say, I feel like Ive wasted my $$$ for nothing! The teachers in this school are helpful & encouraging. I see a such a drive in my son to finish his work on time and do the best he can, instead of just finishing his work. I am very happy with my decision. Ms. Leining and Ms. Schroeder are incredible teachers.

Posted July 13, 2012
Fantastic school with dedicated faculty and tons of parent involvement. It's easy to see why Mountain Ave. is the top elementary school in GUSD.

Posted March 01, 2012
Great School and teacher. My son has been several school. This school has different way to teach and take care the student. Thank you to all the teachers and staffs.

Mountain Avenue Elementary School
2307 Mountain Avenue, La Crescenta, CA  91214
Last modified Mountain Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top