K-8|Private

Bad
Good

As a parent of two wonderful kids that go to the Armenian Sisters Academy, I feel honored and privileged to be part this wonderful ASA family. Yes, the school is ONE splendid family! At ASA students thrive because of a pervading nurturing environment, vigorous academic program, rigorous yet fair code of discipline and seamless transmission of time-tested and honored values like love of God, country and humanity. Its curriculum is peerless. My second grader is not only taught Armenian and English, but also Spanish. But wait that's not all: she's now mastering typing at school; has a great singing coach who also teaches piano, as an extra-curricular activity; I can go on and on with their amazing art program, the chess program taught by a very bright international grand master, not to mention the moot court etc., etc. At ASA, everybody strives to elicit the best and help students achieve their full potential, which also builds esprit de corps. But most of all, my kids are given the tools to build their character in addition to their spiritual and intellectual edifice; that to me is priceless! Greg H, Parent.

This is a small and intimate school; I'm happy with the Armenian cultural education.So proud that my children are learning the language and holidays that my grandparents celebrated. i like most of the teachers who have taught my children and any problems we have ever had were quickly and professionally addressed by the principal. My g

Not happy with the staff, teachers or administration. I expected a warm environment that nurtured and cared for the kids. What I saw was the opposite. Will be looking for another school for them.

It's our experience that the 'old world' culture at ASA is expressed through the teaching of moral conviction and fortitude. We always saw this as a positive aspect in a society where our children face so many conflicting and negative choices. It is after all an Armenian school that teaches the original 'old world' language and reinforces Christian Armenian principles that richly embroider the culture. My children have benefited from a classic learning approach at Armenian Sisters Academy. The principal is approachable, involved, and welcomes input. In our experience, our children have learned to read and write Armenian, recite traditional poetry and participate in the arts, all while expanding their knowledge and love for an ancient and beautiful heritage. I respect how far the school has come in their journey to educate the Armenian child.

School and staff have a very backwards and old school way of discipline. The education they have for the children is very poor too. Kids are missing out on a lot of what the other schools are teaching. Very disappointed. Not a good school at all!

After the change in administration, the school has greatly changed for the better. Under Sister Lucia's leadership, test scores have dramatically risen and the the school has become fully accredited. She also changed the curriculum by creating a program in which both 7th and 8th grade mathematics is centered around Algebra I allowing the student to take much higher courses in math while in high school... I Highly recommend this school for any parent that wants to send his/her students to a comprehensive private Catholic school.

Horrible school! Teachers and Nuns are incredibly disrespectful and down right mean to students. I will not send my child there anymore!

Not too satisfied! Had higher expectations from this school and staff! Very disappointed.

Both of my kids go to ASA I am very happy with the school, faculty and the nuns. It has a warm family oriented feeling. the class room sized and not big so kids get better attention. I highly recommend this school.

Both my children attend ASA and they both enjoy their school life. ASA is possibly one of the most down-to-earth, safe, and well-run schools in the Western United States. The focus at the school is to provide proper instruction in the established curriculum and other goals. The children are exposed to the Armenian culture in a more deeper level, so the focus is on less superficial aspects of life. I would highly refer this school for any Armenian parent, who truly wants a morality based education with an emphasis on education, tolerance, and respect for the common man for their child. These are qualities which are lacking currently from today's society.

Last modified Armenian Sisters Academy Of Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades K-8