La Crescenta-Montrose, CA

Posted July 24, 2013
We have two kids a two year old and a three and a half year old that have been at this school for the past 18 months. WE LOVE the teachers and the program. The academics are incredible and the teachers are very loving. Can't imagine leaving our children anywhere else. Thank you Ms. Gail and staff!!!

Posted August 26, 2010
My infant has been at La Crescenta Montessori for almost a year and she loves her teachers. She never cries when I drop her off and she loves to hug her teachers good bye when it's time to leave. I know while she is there she is in the best hands, learning colors, shapes, animal names and sounds. Each child learns at his or her own pace and they all have fun. These are babies and they are almost always smiling and laughing! The care they receive is outstanding.

Posted March 29, 2010
I've had my two children at this school for the last four years. They are in an educationally rich and loving environment. The teachers are very caring and there is good structure to this program. My children stay until about 5:30 p.m., and although it's a long day for them, there are activities scheduled after school ends. The teachers help them to complete their homework by about 3:30 and the rest of the time is spent playing. For those who commented that the kids are watching movies in the late afternoon, that is after completion of the school day, homework, outside playtime and snack time. Believe me, my kids are enjoying the playground: I can tell from their clothes!! The school is safe (number coded doors to prevent intruders) and the play equipment is well maintained. The elementary grades use the same curriculum as La Canada schools.

Posted April 17, 2008
Overall a wonderful school. We are very happy with our daughter and son's progress. However, some of teachers are much-much better than the others. Some of teachers seem to be teaching for the pure joy of it (and it shows), while others lack the same passion. If your child is a 'free spirit', beware of an occasional conformist mentality with some of the teachers.

Posted November 11, 2007
My child has been a student at LCMS for nearly three years. The staff is caring and very motherly towards the kids. The kids do watch videos after the school portion has ended, at 5:00 p.m. There are three things I would change if I could: 1-make sure that all the aides have decent reading skills, 2-make sure that all the staff has FIRST AID & CPR training, 3-make sure there is a correct teacher:student ratio on 'holidays' (i.e. - days where the school would normally be closed but for an extra $15-20 they will open. But with these aside, this is still the best daycare/preschool I have seen in the area. At 3 years of age, my daughter can count to 50, read the alphabet in upper & lowercase, tell her shapes and colors & has developed a level of compassion & empathy that I associate with a Montessori education.

Posted May 02, 2007
My daughter attended this school for Pre-school. The staff was always helpful and friendly. My daughter loved her teachers. She entered public school Kindergarten 1-2 grade levels above in most abilities and so school was never a stress for her. Yes, every now & then they watch tv or stay inside if it's too hot - but they have extended day care! Some kids are there all day while their parents work. It's a very flexible and wonderful situation for working parents - I wish other schools had great care arrangements too. It's very academic, but nothing is forced on the children. The children want to learn because they see the other children doing it. I think it's a wonderful school and it has great opportunities for supplemental programs like gymnastics and dance. I will send my son when he is old enough too.

Posted March 20, 2007
We sent our daugter to this school for preschool and KG. They taught her phonetics first and she began to read words very fast. They also taught music & dance. Overall we were satisfied with the learning she did from this school and making her first year of the public school much easier.

Posted February 27, 2007
I brought my son to this school as a baby, he did learn the first two years. After that I realized I was putting 480.00 dollars in the trash each month. No homework, not good.

Posted December 28, 2006
I would not recomment this school. The staff are rude and there's no structure.

Posted February 25, 2006
I would not recommend this school to anyone. There is no structure. The children are not disciplined. Stay away from this school.

La Crescenta Montessori School
3811 Foothill Boulevard, La Crescenta-Montrose, CA  91214
Last modified La Crescenta Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-5
La Crescenta Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top