Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 5

Posted May 08, 2013
My oldest son attended this school from K-8 (he is now in high school). My youngest son attended K-7 (we moved out of the area so he will not be able to finish all grades here). I can't say enough good about LDPE and the staff there. They are caring but strict and keep the kids (and parents) in check. This years resource teacher, Mrs. Good, is very good and has made a world of difference with my son. Thank you LDPE and the Coyote staff!!!

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2010
Poor leadership, very political, Not very qualified teachers. If your child need extra help this school is not for you.

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 2

Posted May 12, 2010
When we moved to the Don Pedro area and wanted to enroll my son, I was told there was no room for him and I would have to take him to Coulterville (the school was not going to provide transportation). When I reminded the school of their legal obligation, they took him but isolated him from the rest of the students. He likes the teacher but the principal has a lot to learn about children, disabilities, and bullying.

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 5

Posted March 26, 2007
I have a 3rd grader and a 7th grader at this school. My children do very well, and love their teachers. Especially Mrs. Dietz, all the children love Mrs. Dietz. I am extremely excitted about the education my children are recieveing, and I love the programs avaliable to them. My third grader get's the help she needs in math, with one program and the praise she deserves in reading with another program. The Principal Mr. Panetz has done a fine job pulling this school into shape and the staff is just top notch! I am very proud to say my children attend Lake Don Pedro Elementary School. Mrs. Sebold

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2005
Friendly and interested in every student's education personally.

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 3

Posted November 08, 2005
Both my kids attend LDPE. I highly recommend kindergarten at this school as Mr. McDonald is one of the best teachers around. Both my kids were reading very well by the end of the school year. This teacher is very calm, relaxed but fun. The kids love him! Beyond that, unfortunately the teacher situation has been less than great. Job security is lacking and the teachers have changed or been moved around a lot. (Both of my kids have had multiple teachers within one school year.) You never know who you might get. The teachers I have met though have all been caring and sweet. However, there needs to be more consistency and commitment towards the children.

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2005
This school is in real need. The teachers seem to be in their own little world and not receptive to parental concerns at all. The principal, being new, definitely has his hands full...it seems the turnover may be really high. I would highly recommend any parent who has a child in this school...be really on top of all issues. The teachers seem to often take too much for granted and make inappropriate decisions w/o parental involvement or concern for parental involvement. Watch for red flags and be vocal...otherwise, things will never change.

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2005

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2005
My son has only started last year and the kindergarten teacher is awesome so far the school has been good.

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2005
This school has a very strong K-3 program and a strong junior high program. However, it is lacking in the middle. The turn over of teachers is high. This school is located about 50 miles from the school district, due to this it is lacking in help from the district. This could be a great school with more parent, teacher and district involvment.

Lake Don Pedro Elementary School
2411 Hildago, La Grange, CA  95329
Last modified Lake Don Pedro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Don Pedro Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top