Posted November 12, 2012
My children had some great teachers at this school. It services an affluent area and the parent involvement is very high. My children loved this school. This school is however used to affluent families and has little patience for families that may need some help due to a lack of resources. The administration would rather transfer a child out of the school than deal with the child's needs if any inconvenience can be avoided. Again, the teachers are wonderful. The administration definitely does not put students first.

Posted February 01, 2012
I am teacher (in another district) and a product of the Lowell Joint school district. My children go to El Portal and they LOVE it; as do I. The teachers at El Portal are second to none and I am very happy with the education my children are receiving! The staff at El Portal works hard to create a caring and warm environment where students are encouraged to be good citizens as well as learners. As a teacher, I admire the staff's hard work and dedication. As a parent, I am so glad my kids attend this wonderful school.

Posted October 09, 2011
El Portal is a great school. We have a Kindergartner and a 2nd grader this year. The teachers are involved, the academics are challenging but very good, and the principal is engaging with the parents. If you are thinking about sending your kids to El Portal, you are making an excellent choice.

Posted November 30, 2010
My kids are new to the school this year. So far, I really like all of the programs they offer. They still have music and PE, also have several reading and math computer programs that seem to be a great learning tool.

Posted November 09, 2010
the teachers and parents work as one team and i see how my son is doing well and our mode is to achieve and to be the best there are no words that could describe how proud I'm that at EL PORTAL ELEMENTARY my son education matters

Posted November 04, 2010
I have been an El Portal parent since 1998. Incredible Staff. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SCHOOL!

Posted October 30, 2010
The teachers are enthusiastic, the parents and kids love the school, and it's wonderful having such a good school in La Habra.

Posted October 28, 2010
Because all the teachers are dedicated to each and every student there. They stay extra time, help them in each aspect of their life. And because we have an awesome principal. Go El Portal

Posted October 28, 2010
I love how all the teachers are so dedicated to our children. It is a family atmosphere.

Posted October 20, 2010
I love El Portal School for it's high academic standards and character development program. Also, because I believe that every person working at our school has a genuine concern for the well being of the children attending El Portal!

El Portal Elementary School
200 North Nada Street, La Habra, CA  90631
Last modified El Portal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Portal Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top