Posted August 15, 2013
What a great school! The staff from the principal to the teachers to the cafeteria staff are awesome and truly are about the kids. The classrooms are nice and a good size. Nice big open play grounds with lots of grass. School is very secure. Great sense of community in this wonderful school! Go Olita!

Posted August 11, 2011
I give this school a 5+! The principal is amazing and truly shows how much she cares about our children. She is very involved in all activities and encourages teachers and parents to do so as well. She does not stop our children from being children. My son said to me recently how he really enjoyed his 4th grade class very much. The teacher made learning fun! He will be on his 3rd year at Olita and I absolutey love his experience and his growth thus far!

Posted March 11, 2011
Hello, I am a parent of a kindergartener, a second grader, and a fifth grader who has special needs. We are more than blessed to be a part of a wonderful community of teachers, staff, volunteers, and an awesome principal. The encouragement, support, and learning experience my children receive is above and beyond. My oldest son who is in IEP has shown much progress. Thank you Olita Elementary for making a difference in the lives of our children. Many blessings to you all.

Posted October 13, 2009
My daughter is in 1st grade at Olita and loving it.

Posted September 23, 2009
My child is in first grade this year and he loves his teacher. She is very patient and kind and he loves being in her class - he always has a big smile as he heads up the ramp to her room. All of the first grade teachers are very kind and helpful and I feel lucky to live in such a wonderful school district.

Olita Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My son attended Olita from kindergarten through 6th grade. The school had a caring and quite competent staff, provided a safe, clean and interesting educational experience, and offered an excellent learning environment for students from the highly gifted (like my son) to the average and for those who were slow or had special needs. Olita was a marvelous school, especially for a public facility.

Posted May 27, 2009
hi I am a mom of many. with my youngest being in first grade. he has learned sooo much. his teacher is a beyond grate teacher ,but he is afraid and intimidated of her and most days would rather not go to school well your probably thinking thats pretty normal. till just the other day I was walking him to school he saw from a distance that he was having a substitute that day and he took off like a bullet I hadent seen him so happy to be at school since kidney garden I wold like the teachers especially of lower grades to know that I think although it good for them to learn a lot its just as important if not more to make sure there learning experience is a pleasant one. and with that said I thank you for all you do!

Olita Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2007
My son just finished first grade at Olita this past spring. Although we did see some academic improvement, I thought that the communication at teacher level was lacking. Notes sent to the teacher went unanswered, which I feel is unacceptable. I also feel that some of the administrative staff at the school are less than 'warm and fuzzy' to parents. Unless you ask specific questions of teachers and staff you will receive very little information. That being said, we like that the test scores are above average. Our son is receiving a quality education. The work load is on the heavy side for a six year old, but we appreciate the fact that they are trying to instill a good work ethic in the kids who attend.

Posted August 25, 2006
The reason this school is so successful is because of the excellent teaching staff! They have too many kids in the classroom, but they don't let it affect their students. I feel my child has gotten a good education at this school. There isn't much in the way of fine arts or sports, but many schools today do not have those activities. It'd be nice to see those come back, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening in the near future.

Posted August 15, 2006
This was my son's first year at Olita and I was very pleased with his results. I agree that there are not enough programs in the way of music, arts, and computers.

Olita Elementary School
950 South Briercliff Drive, La Habra, CA  90631
Last modified Olita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olita Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top