Bad
Good

Test scores are extremely concerning. There was a huge nose-dive in the 2012-2013 school year. I see no real innovation inside the classrooms. I also don't see students who could be excelling get pushed to do more. This school and leadership are just okay. I hear a lot of Spanish being spoken both inside and outside the classroom. We are looking to move as soon as possible to get our student in a better school.

It is unfathomable why the test scores are falling low every year in this once known as 'ladera perfect' school. This school has not shown much growth over the past few years and it is very concerning for those planning to purchase a house in this school's neighborhood (Most houses sell in the range of ~500K). Parents,do your due diligence before choosing this school for your child.

I'm happy whith Melody's School, they have a good rate also they give a lot Thanks miss brooks rom 8

Mrs. Olynyk gets my vote here as well. The school is great and the teachers are excellent. I'm looking forward to 2nd grade for my son, I've heard nothing but great things about Mrs. Varela!

This school is recently recognized as 'Ca. Distinguished School'. The Principal is excellent. Principal Awards are given to students who really work hard. I just hope that parents are told ahead of time so the student can be prepared nicely to be with the principal. The principal is out each day beginning & end of the schoolday to greet and supervise the students. She knows the students names very well. The teachers I've encountered so far are excellent -Mrs. Mann(K);Mrs. Olynyk(1st)-they have both exceeded my expectations on my child's learning experience. My child is in advanced reading and am really glad that he is recognized. The cons are the parking upon drop off & pick up. Wish they have a pattern for school bus and private autos. Next is that the school is only until 2nd grade. Last con is before & afterschool watch. No priority for Ladera Palma student.

The only thing I don't like about Ladera Palma is that it is K-2. My son is going to be a third grader and I wish he didn't have to leave the school. The teachers are excellent, as is the administration. The whole experience of this school exceeded my expectations.

My 4 kids have attended this school, I love Mrs. Varela, Ms. Mc Cully and Mrs. Brooks they are wonderful teachers. They are the reason I'm sending my 8 year old daughter there. I'm very thankful towards the teachers that lend a helping hand and show how much they care for our children.

Great School. Beautiful location. Great academic program (api doesn't lie) and they have a great facility. I wouldn't think of sending my first grade child anywhere else.

My son attends this school and is in second grade now. I have been very satisfied with his academic achievements, and our teachers have been superb! Mrs. K is also very supportive and is an outstanding principal.

Last modified Ladera Palma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2