Ladera Palma Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
Test scores are extremely concerning. There was a huge nose-dive in the 2012-2013 school year. I see no real innovation inside the classrooms. I also don't see students who could be excelling get pushed to do more. This school and leadership are just okay. I hear a lot of Spanish being spoken both inside and outside the classroom. We are looking to move as soon as possible to get our student in a better school.

Ladera Palma Elementary School 1

Posted July 27, 2013
It is unfathomable why the test scores are falling low every year in this once known as 'ladera perfect' school. This school has not shown much growth over the past few years and it is very concerning for those planning to purchase a house in this school's neighborhood (Most houses sell in the range of ~500K). Parents,do your due diligence before choosing this school for your child.

Posted August 20, 2010
Mrs. Olynyk gets my vote here as well. The school is great and the teachers are excellent. I'm looking forward to 2nd grade for my son, I've heard nothing but great things about Mrs. Varela!

Ladera Palma Elementary School 0

Posted May 15, 2008
This school is recently recognized as 'Ca. Distinguished School'. The Principal is excellent. Principal Awards are given to students who really work hard. I just hope that parents are told ahead of time so the student can be prepared nicely to be with the principal. The principal is out each day beginning & end of the schoolday to greet and supervise the students. She knows the students names very well. The teachers I've encountered so far are excellent -Mrs. Mann(K);Mrs. Olynyk(1st)-they have both exceeded my expectations on my child's learning experience. My child is in advanced reading and am really glad that he is recognized. The cons are the parking upon drop off & pick up. Wish they have a pattern for school bus and private autos. Next is that the school is only until 2nd grade. Last con is before & afterschool watch. No priority for Ladera Palma student.

Posted September 03, 2007
The only thing I don't like about Ladera Palma is that it is K-2. My son is going to be a third grader and I wish he didn't have to leave the school. The teachers are excellent, as is the administration. The whole experience of this school exceeded my expectations.

Ladera Palma Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2007
My 4 kids have attended this school, I love Mrs. Varela, Ms. Mc Cully and Mrs. Brooks they are wonderful teachers. They are the reason I'm sending my 8 year old daughter there. I'm very thankful towards the teachers that lend a helping hand and show how much they care for our children.

Posted March 05, 2007
Great School. Beautiful location. Great academic program (api doesn't lie) and they have a great facility. I wouldn't think of sending my first grade child anywhere else.

Ladera Palma Elementary School 4

Posted December 26, 2006
My son attends this school and is in second grade now. I have been very satisfied with his academic achievements, and our teachers have been superb! Mrs. K is also very supportive and is an outstanding principal.

Ladera Palma Elementary School 0

Posted March 16, 2006
My daughter attended this school for K & 1st. This is an Awesome school. The Principal Mrs. K is Awesome, she knows all the kids names & parents. She is always available and makes herself present. Mrs. Olnyk, is Awesome she always puts her students & parents first. Always makes time for them. The teachers have a lot of experience and a great education. The class ratios are 1 to 20. The playgrouinds are new. Field Trips Awesome (Dana Point, Ocean Institute.) Lots of school extracurricular activities, Homework is good lot of variety, In K they learn to read, 1st, they learn esssay writing, Great PTA, Great Parent involvement, Teachers love parent involvement. Class parties are fun, I would like to see the lunch room offer a sack lunch too, My only complaint is the Office Lady can be rude,especially for working with Parents in a school setting.

Posted September 14, 2005
Great School. Teachers care and music is still a part of the curriculum as well as an accellerated math class after school. Some parent participation and great PTA with interesting fund raisers.

Ladera Palma Elementary School
2151 East Brookdale Avenue, La Habra, CA  90631
Last modified Ladera Palma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ladera Palma Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top