Las Lomas Elementary School 2

Posted August 31, 2012
The first week of school was chaos! There is a 34 to 1 ratio. This is my sons first year in kindergarten and there was no communication from staff to parents. We parents were told that we would be able to follow our children for the first week of school and on the second day we were no longer allowed to stay with our children. There are not enough staff members at las lomas to care for the children. Some where lost in the shuffle and were escorted back to their teachers. Some teachers were not even aware that one of their students was missing. This experience was very disconcerning and I am condisering transfering my child out of the district. This was not at all how I thought las lomas would be.

Posted August 30, 2011
The first day of school was awesome! My grandchildren transitioned from private school to second grade at Las Lomas and to observe professionalism/organization on the first day from the staff was impressive. We are looking forward to a successful year.

Las Lomas Elementary School 5

Posted March 08, 2010

Las Lomas Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2010

Las Lomas Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2008
My son was attending a private montessori school, before attending Las Lomas. My son learned so much at the private school, but due to financial responsibilities, I was forced to send my son to public school. My son's kindergarten teacher is wonderful. I have no complaints with her whatsoever, she is doing her job well. What I do have issues with is how the children are not being challenged enough academically. The standards are so low that in comparison to other children, my son is well ahead of his grade level in all subjects. I don't agree. My son is just where he should be for his age. This may have nothing to do with the school, maybe more so on the states low standards, but in comparison to his last school, I must say it is below what I expected.

Las Lomas Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2008
My son's teachers for the last 3 years have been exceptional.

Posted September 06, 2006
I have one in 2nd grade, and 1st grade. They both had an excellent kindergarten year. They loved school and learned a lot. The Roaring reader program, which encourages students to read more is a very good program. My older one had a great teacher during the 1st grade year, and he really learned a lot. Excel program, that started last year also seemed to have done well. Principle is awesome, and lots of great teachers and staffs at Las Lomas! I wish some parents would show more of common sense of courtesy and caring for others. I encounter quite a few who don't follow the rules that have been requested from school....

Las Lomas Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2006
Good Basic Elementary school close to my home.

Las Lomas Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2005

Posted August 19, 2005
My son has just finished the second grade at Las Lomas and is getting ready to start at Las Positas school. While I'm excited about the new school, I will miss the attentiveness and dedication of the teachers and staff at Las Lomas. Each of my son's teachers took extra steps with all of her students in recognizing and maximizing everyone's potential. Each teacher was experienced, well-organized, and used effective disciplinary tools. Small class sizes and availability of learning resources really help. Lastly, parent conferences and meetings with teachers at Las Lomas are productive, and I always left each meeting knowing exactly how my son was progressing and where the problem areas were, as well as some tips as to what I could do at home to support his teacher's daily efforts. My only suggestion for improvement is the addition of after-school activities for music, art, foreign language, etc.

Las Lomas Elementary School
301 Las Lomas Drive, La Habra, CA  90631
Last modified Las Lomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Lomas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top