Bad
Good

I have a 1st grader who attended kindergarten with the most amazing teacher. She excelled in her curriculum and social aspects of school as well. Unfortunately 1st grade has been so bad that I had to pull her out of school to attend elsewhere. Her excel teacher is really rude, causing my daughter to return home on most days with a broken heart and feeling like a failure. Her regular 1st grade teacher however has been great. The staff have never been my favorite people, even through kindergarten they have shown little concern or care. I have nothing positive or negative to say about the principle. She is a very tough person who will tell you how "unacceptable" it is to show up to school 5 minutes late, which is definitely a bummer. One of the most difficult parts is that although kindergarten maintains a very regular schedule, 1st grade consistently changes its schedule every couple months-ish, for a week at a time (whether it be Friday thru the following Thursday, or a Monday thru Friday) as well as the consistent and odd middle-of-the-week (Wednesday) change-up in schedule where you start school 1 hour early and end 50 minutes early.

The first week of school was chaos! There is a 34 to 1 ratio. This is my sons first year in kindergarten and there was no communication from staff to parents. We parents were told that we would be able to follow our children for the first week of school and on the second day we were no longer allowed to stay with our children. There are not enough staff members at las lomas to care for the children. Some where lost in the shuffle and were escorted back to their teachers. Some teachers were not even aware that one of their students was missing. This experience was very disconcerning and I am condisering transfering my child out of the district. This was not at all how I thought las lomas would be.

The first day of school was awesome! My grandchildren transitioned from private school to second grade at Las Lomas and to observe professionalism/organization on the first day from the staff was impressive. We are looking forward to a successful year.

My son was attending a private montessori school, before attending Las Lomas. My son learned so much at the private school, but due to financial responsibilities, I was forced to send my son to public school. My son's kindergarten teacher is wonderful. I have no complaints with her whatsoever, she is doing her job well. What I do have issues with is how the children are not being challenged enough academically. The standards are so low that in comparison to other children, my son is well ahead of his grade level in all subjects. I don't agree. My son is just where he should be for his age. This may have nothing to do with the school, maybe more so on the states low standards, but in comparison to his last school, I must say it is below what I expected.

My son's teachers for the last 3 years have been exceptional.

Last modified Las Lomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2