La Jolla, CA
After care: No

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 26, 2015
The teacher are incredibly effective, a personal message I sent to Mrs. Ericsson include my praise for her as a teacher in gratitude for her going out of her way to help students understand the material and give life to a passion of art. She was a very proactive teacher.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 26, 2015
The amount is enough to put the material learned into practice without overburdening the student.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 26, 2015
Since it is a combination of instruction and self-learning, there is a pressure on the individual student to finish the course through their own will. it is additionally completely up to the student to reach out for help, and turn in their work at a moderate pace.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 26, 2015
This school respects students. At the beginning of the course we pledged to not plagiarize and that we would complete the course by spending a significant (minimum 4 hours) time per weekend on the course. We were not forced to do anything to help us keep our oath, but we kept it and there was respect between student and teacher. The student finished their responsibilities and the teacher graded accordingly and provided assistance.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 26, 2015
The teacher is extremely attentive to her students. She answered her email, she provided guidance and help towards questions, she gave constructive feedback on our assignments and developed an intimate bond with her students. There was a mutual trust and empathy between teacher and student in response to the subjects covered.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 26, 2015
This school develops integrity, honesty, and fairness in students by providing assistance, paying attention to the student's individual needs, and requires critical thinking that can not come from anywhere besides the students own mind and moral perspective.

National University Virtual High School 5

Posted May 26, 2015
I was a student for Mrs. Ericsson's Art Foundations B class. It was a truly amazing experience. The class provided a vast insight on art elements, properties, and aesthetic in general. Not only did it teach the individual factors that go into art, but it provided a cultural insight going to art forms from across the globe and also brought up art forms that were more than the conventional paintings. It helped me so much learn about the different media in art, and taught me to appreciate art in a new perspective. Mrs. Ericsson as teacher did a fantastic job. She helped me throughout the course by answering my questions via email, and she guided me in the right direction helping me gain a better understanding. Mrs. Ericsson breathed life into this class by being more than a person who gave grades, she was a mentor to me and I have not found anything similar in previous online courses that were not on NUVHS. The care and attention that she provided inspired me to keep going and do my best in her class. I have grown as an independent learner, and have learned a vast amount of knowledge in art. Additionally my skills as an artist have increased through the knowledge and activities I have gained throughout this course. I am extremely grateful for this course, and would recommend any person interested in gaining knowledge about art to take this course, it is an enlightening experience.

National University Virtual High School 5

Posted October 17, 2014
NUVHS- was a great experience for my son. While it was challenging to get the class paid for and started our teacher, Ms Erikson was very responsive and helpful in getting through the class. My son is a procrastinator but she really encouraged him and got him finished on time. We plan to do the second semester soon.

National University Virtual High School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
We are in the middle of an extremely frustrating process trying to deal with an unresponsive instructor, answering machines, administrators who don't return emails, and a very frustrated, high-achieving high school student. I have spent hours over the past week, trying to get someone to let us know how to proceed.

National University Virtual High School 2

Posted July 25, 2014
I'm doing a history summer school course with NUVHS and I'm not very impressed. The instructor is okay and all but when I signed up they made it sound like a no big deal, not too demanding, not going to suck up all your time, kinda class. It's not like that at all. I have found it to be at least three times the work as in-class summer school coerces I've taken before. I'm most disappointed because the work load was so heavy I probably won't be able to finish even one semester, a total waste of time and money. If you're deciding between in-class and online summer school, I recommend in-class.

11355 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA  92037
Last modified National University Virtual High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
National University Virtual High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top